Android Grabber App

• I know for sure, because I use vysor from time to time via network adb.

THX
    Chaos

So we can say:

Most set top Boxes like Nvidia Shield / Fire TV
    Android Phones
    Android TVs

all have adb on board, so theres a good chance that minicap also works on them.
    That would give us a great way to get the screen from Android based devices and use them on hyperion
    Especially for people using 4K Tvs, cause no more expensive grabbers would be needed and no problems with HDR / CEC and so on

Another great thing on minicap is that is can resize the output image to reduce load and bandwith

• Hello,
    I received my shield today and installed the Hyperion plug-in.

I can not start it and I do not understand where to put the configuration file "hyperion.config.json" on Android device ?!

thank you in advance for your help

• Hello,
    I received my shield today and installed the Hyperion plug-in.

I can not start it and I do not understand where to put the configuration file "hyperion.config.json" on Android device ?!

thank you in advance for your help

For the moment you need an extra device like a raspberry in combination with android
    ATM just Nvidia Shield-->Kodi-->Hyperion Plugin and RPI / Linux PC with hyperion and the config in /etc/hyperion

• How will this work with blackboarder detection? I am running Rasplex on the Pi and for Netflix I use the PS4. If blackboarder detection is an option for this solution, an Android device would be the best overal option.

• @Brindosch

MediaProjection will not allow us to capture objects (streams) within a secure surface or layer. This also won't work if the application has the secure flag enabled. I've just built Google's MediaProjection sample from source and on Netflix and Amazon video I just get a black screen.

MiniCap does seem promising though, if I get some free time this weekend I'll look into it.

• Minicap works pretty good so far.
    But not sure about how to connect it to hyperion. Possibilties I see:
    - using the minicap binary format (port1313 in the minicap example), but needed to be translated for hyperion
    - using websocket (port1717 in minicap), could be opened in a browser and then grabbed somehow for hyperion.

sadly I am no dev, but maybe someone of you has some (other) ideas...

THX
    Chaos

• They gave a great documentation about the binary format, so i think this would be the way to go

• Offizieller Beitrag

hmm any hints?

device: amazon fire stick

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!