Hyperion Connecting to Pi, but not pushing commands to LEDS

• Quick synopsis of the issue: I installed Hyperion and is seems to be connecting and pushing commands, but I don't even see the bootup light sequence.

I attempted to set up the ambilight system with the HDMI video capture. I have the following setup:
    WS2812B LEDs (192 of them) connected to a 12A power supply > Arudino (Pin 6 for Data and then Ground pin)
    Arduino > Pi2 with OpenELEC (5.0)

I can get sketches to run, the bootup (all lights flash once each color) for the sketch on the tutorial page (https://hyperion-project.org/t…-ws2801-ws2812b-apa102.8/) is working.

I installed Hyperion using the guide as well and there were no errors. I updated the hyperion config with the required information (link below). But I cannot get any commands to go through from the desktop client or the remote. The bootup rainbow swirl sequence also does not trigger.

I can see the Arduino R3 on the usbports as well as the video cap device.
    Bus 001 Device 005: ID 1b71:3002 Fushicai USBTV007 Video Grabber [EasyCAP]
    Bus 001 Device 004: ID 2341:0001 Arduino SA Uno (CDC ACM)
    Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMSC9512/9514 Fast Ethernet Adapter
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9514 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMC9514 Hub
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Log File: [MEDIA=pastebin]BiUY0pXv[/MEDIA]
    Config File: [MEDIA=pastebin]AjdRhY6J[/MEDIA]
    Thanks in advance for any help.

• It read like perhaps, "/dev/ttyACM0" is not the actual USB port.
    Can you look through the output of a "dmesg" command for where it is mapped? I know on a pure Linux box the command ( dmesg | grep "USB" ) will help identify only USB devises. However, I'm not to sure with OpenELEC (5.0).

Hope it helps

• It maybe that its plugged in to a usb3 port, I have read some posts on the Arduino forum of people having trouble with usb3. Also it would be better if I had told you to run the "dmesg" command once without the Arduino pluged in. Then plug it in and run the command again, then it's much easier to determine its settings.

Hope it helps

• Ok it's definitely on ttyACM0.

I'm not vary familiar with OpenElec v5.0. It may be that the default OpenElec user needs access to the "dialout" group, perhaps. However I'm venturing out of league.
    I'm gonna point you to a forum thread that I have in my bookmarks that helped me a wile ago, ( forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=129647.0 ) I'm sure it would be a helpful read.

Hope it helps

• Thanks for the link. I tried to go through that, but it looks like my dialout group user is root and openelec doesn't really have the capability built in to allow me to create new users or change anything.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!