NEWBIE HERE, please help

• Uploaded this change to the arduino, all good.

• As expected, Kodi addon not working. Also in logs, same:

23:09:03.429 T:10208 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
    Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
    Error Contents: No module named google.protobuf
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "D:\Prive\Kodi\Kodi 17\addons\hyperion.kodi-master\addon.py", line 36, in <module>
    from state import DisconnectedState
    File "D:\Prive\Kodi\Kodi 17\addons\hyperion.kodi-master\resources\lib\state.py", line 5, in <module>
    from hyperion.Hyperion import Hyperion
    File "D:\Prive\Kodi\Kodi 17\addons\hyperion.kodi-master\resources\lib\hyperion\Hyperion.py", line 28, in <module>
    from message_pb2 import HyperionRequest
    File "D:\Prive\Kodi\Kodi 17\addons\hyperion.kodi-master\resources\lib\hyperion\message_pb2.py", line 6, in <module>
    from google.protobuf import descriptor as _descriptor
    ImportError: No module named google.protobuf
    -->End of Python script error report<--

Now WIP.

• Now, later today I'm going to set the correct numbers of leds per side etc.

NEW QUESTION:

I've got the pi and the arduino connected via usb-cable.
    Is it possible to connect via wifi? (that's the reason I bought a arduino uni wifi).

Wim

• I've got problems with leds flashing as described here:
    https://hyperion-project.org/t…-ws2801-ws2812b-apa102.8/

"- In some cases it might be needed to increase the serial buffer size in the Arduino program files , if you experience any issues later on like flickering or non-responsive leds follow these steps:

http://www.hobbytronics.co.uk/arduino-serial-buffer-size"

But this is not applicable for arduino 1.8.3 anymore and I have a hard time finding out what IS the correct way now.
    Tried changing it in HardwareSerial.cpp, USBAPI.h and added it in the sketch. No results.
    Maybe it has a different cause??

Any help appreciated.

Wim

• Is it possible to connect via wifi? (that's the reason I bought a arduino uni wifi).

hmmm. .. Maybe. . I know of a few Dev. arduino wifi boards that do work, However, I not not recall reading about uno wifi boards working in the thread where I learning the basics of Hyperion / wifi / arduino. Perhaps I missed it. The thread I read this is here ( http://www.forum-raspberrypi.d…n-wifi-led-controller-udp ) My German language skills are . . .well . sadly non existent, so I used Google to translate. That thread is a bit daunting at 27 pages of info, however if your goal is to do hyperion over wifi Its a must read!!

've got problems with leds flashing as described here:

Got pic's of how you are wiring it up?
    maybe ws2813 led are more sensitive and need a level shifter driver them?
    I never had to mess with any code to fix flickering leds... well besides the baudrate that is..
    Any flickering I had was a result of sub par wiring or solder joint. Or not all ground wires are connected as one.

• hmmm. .. Maybe. . I know of a few Dev. arduino wifi boards that do work, However, I not not recall reading about uno wifi boards working in the thread where I learning the basics of Hyperion / wifi / arduino. Perhaps I missed it. The thread I read this is here ( http://www.forum-raspberrypi.d…n-wifi-led-controller-udp ) My German language skills are . . .well . sadly non existent, so I used Google to translate. That thread is a bit daunting at 27 pages of info, however if your goal is to do hyperion over wifi Its a must read!!
    Thanks! My German is okay. Will post back about it later.

Got pic's of how you are wiring it up?
    maybe ws2813 led are more sensitive and need a level shifter driver them?
    I never had to mess with any code to fix flickering leds... well besides the baudrate that is..
    Any flickering I had was a result of sub par wiring or solder joint. Or not all ground wires are connected as one.

Will post pics later. Thanks for helping again.

I still haven't figured this out (https://hyperion-project.org/t…-ws2801-ws2812b-apa102.8/:(
    - In some cases it might be needed to increase the serial buffer size in the Arduino program files , if you experience any issues later on like flickering or non-responsive leds follow these steps:

The flashes occur with all colors, but not when light are "black".

Just something I noticed:

Is it a coincidence that baudrate of the arduino is 115200? I had to set the baudrate of the pi higher.than that. Maybe that's the problem?

And I'm running into these warnings about memory. I can't figure out how to fix this:

Wim

• Is it a coincidence that baudrate of the arduino is 115200? I had to set the baudrate of the pi higher.than that. Maybe that's the problem?

I believe that's just the upload speed of the aurdino sketch.

And I'm running into these warnings about memory. I can't figure out how to fix this:

From what I can glean from the screenshot (sadly I only speak/read two languages, English and Bad English) That message is just a warning to let you know that the available memory is low. . just a warning nothing more. .. that is if I gleaned the screenshot correctly...

• 1. Usb cable from pi to arduino
    2. Usb cable other end, entering arduino. 2 jumpers going to led, 1 on pin6 , 1 on gnd.
    3. connection between jumper wire and (female?) connector
    4. female/male connector connected, led strip. 2 other ends of led strip going to power supply
    5. connection to power supply

Every connection checked.

• From what I can glean from the screenshot (sadly I only speak/read two languages, English and Bad English) That message is just a warning to let you know that the available memory is low. . just a warning nothing more. .. that is if I gleaned the screenshot correctly...

Yes, but it says that there can be stability issues and I also encountered that I ran out of memory earlier today.
    But, let's assume this is not the issue here.

• I remember you said that you have omitted the resistor on the data line of the led strip. I recall reading that the resistor is there to help remedy flickering.

• I remember you said that you have omitted the resistor on the data line of the led strip. I recall reading that the resistor is there to help remedy flickering.

Well, lowering smoothing and framegrabber frequency didn't change it.
    I think you were wright Akriss. I remembered that when I started, I attached arduino to pc and there were also flashes. So I'm going to buy a resistor tomorrow.

You WERE wright Akriss. I put in a resistor and no flickering anymore. I setup the correct layout and it seems to work okay. Just playing around a bit now with black border detection, getting the correction aspect ratio from pc to tv and making a frame for the leds
    Unfortunately no time to investigate the link you wrote about the wifi module the coming days before we're going on holiday with the kids this friday (which is obviously also great). Will do that when I come back. Maybe I'll write a little manual from the experiences I had to get this far.
    Thanks again Akriss for sticking with me and I'll be back here.

Wim

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!