hyperion.ng amlogic grabber on ODROID-C2

• Hello everyone,

I'm an Hyperion user for ages so thank you all for the great work and community.
    I'm giving a go with hyperion.ng on my ODROID-C2, the goal is to make it work with an NodeMCU (ESP8266) and APA102 LEDs

I've followed the CompileHowTo and I get the following error:
    [hyperiond AMLOGICGRABBER] <ERROR> Failed to retrieve video state from device: 22 - Invalid argument

I'm on Ubuntu 16.04 with kernel 3.14.
    Bellow the full hyperion log and config file.

[EDIT]
    also the syslog

Thank you

• Please try with latest version. Make sure you made all the kernel stuff to activate amvideocap device. I use latest kernel from official hardkernel repo.

On my c2 it runs now smoothly.

Would you mind to share your config?
    And what Leds are you using?

I tried to get it work on my ODROID 2 running LibreELEC 9 but i can't get the color calibration working and the response of my leds are very slow. (APA102)
    And i have a lot of flickering what i don't have with hyperion 1

• I use ubuntu for c2, because I have to compile an do lot's of developer stuff. Libreelec is not made for that. I also have no spare sd card to test with libreelec. I downloaded the latest c2 kernel from hardkernel's github repo and changed some stuff:
    amvideo capture: module
    cma memory: 16
    zone order: 13
    + this patch: [MEDIA=gist]bkrepo/07402953f5125daf5938d8e372fa2287[/MEDIA]
    (+ patches regarding ge2d: https://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=136&t=20901#p199945 (it's optional)

I had no leds attached. At first I only watched the live view in webui, then forwarded to my desktop hyperion installation with attached arduino mega with some ws2812 + 4 pwm/analog stripes.

The config on my c2 was the default config. (+forwarder set).

I noticed, that usage of amvideocap/ge2d capture interface is extremly expensive. The cpu usage in fb mode is around 5-7% and it rises up to 18-20% when accelerated stuff should be captured (ge2d direct usage performs a bit better).

• Hi @redPanther,

It passed some time but finally I got some time to try it out. Though still need your help.

My goal is to be able to use Hyperion.NG with Kodi and Monnlight so I started from scratch using Hardkernel's Ubunto v2.4 image.
    I proceeded as following:

The results are that Hyperion.ng works flawlessly with moonlight never getting higher than 10% CPU usage, but (there is always one) kodi is no more hardware accelerated, it takes all CPU when playing files from HERE and the video lags a lot, also hyperion does not capture anything.

Here is my hyperion.ng config:

Aparently ge2d capture is not working:

Code
    [hyperiond AMLOGICGRABBER] <INFO> VPU mode
    [hyperiond AMLOGICGRABBER] <ERROR> cannot open devices
    [hyperiond AMLOGICGRABBER] <WARNING> GE2D capture interface not available! try Amvideocap instead
    [hyperiond AMLOGICGRABBER] <ERROR> Read of device failed: 11 - Resource temporarily unavailable

The above highlighted error message is only visible when running kodi, when running moonlight it is not present and hyperion works.

Any hints?

Thank you in advance

• Hi @redPanther ,

Regarding the GE2D capture I make it work but I found the following:

• GE2D capture only works if I start hyperion.ng as root and when there is some video currently being displayed;

• I get really high CPU usage with GE2D capture, more than 50% compared to 10-15% of amvideocap;

Best regards

• Hi,

Do you know that it's possible to use USB Video Grabber on the Odroid with the amazing work of @Cédric Laubacher ;)

I found his blog few days ago https://blog.laubacher.io/blog/hyperion-on-odroid-c2 and i saw that my UTV0007 work.

Now i can have Multi-Source with my Odroid and do something else with my Raspberry.

You can have a look on this 2 pictures

• Or if you want you can go into Libreelec Milhouse release and you will get the best libreelec release.

http://milhouse.libreelec.tv/builds/testing/Odroid_C2/LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.arm-9.0-Milhouse-20180204074142-#0204-g92141f7.tar

- Kodi 18
    - No more framskip playback
    - Hyperion Addon with V4l2 support
    - Mix of 64/32 bit to install your prefered package.

Here a video of my fresh ambilight installation with Fishucai UTV007 on the C2 ( next step calibrate the color )

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!