Should i leave Pi on?

• Probably not the best place to post this, please move it if it needs to be.
    Im new to this whole ambilight thing, and im wondering, should i leave the pi on when the tv and devices are off? Or should i turn it off. And what about the LEDs? Should i just turn off the led power supply every time i turn off the tv?
    The Pi and the LEDs are running off different power supplies.
    I was thinking of just leaving the pi and grabber and everything else on, and only when i need the ambilight, i turn the LED power supply on? Is this safe?

Also slightly unrelated, but do i need to overclock the pi, or should i just leave it normal?

Thanks
    Gershy13

• Don't know about the reliability angle but I control the power for mine via Home Assistant. It senses when the TV is turned on and, if it's after sunset, it turns on the power supply. The dedicated pi is powered from the same supply so automatically boots and everything comes to life. When it senses the TV is turned off, Home Assistant sends a shutdown command to the pi and a minute later turns the power supply off.

• Don't know about the reliability angle but I control the power for mine via Home Assistant. It senses when the TV is turned on and, if it's after sunset, it turns on the power supply. The dedicated pi is powered from the same supply so automatically boots and everything comes to life. When it senses the TV is turned off, Home Assistant sends a shutdown command to the pi and a minute later turns the power supply off.

That's all I need to know! Thanks!!! I'm planning to control it with home assistant too... My only question is if I can leave the pi on all the time...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!