Beiträge von thebatfink

Well I was most curious about the additions Rick mentioned in his post initially. Are those changes already included in the version available for download or? I wasn't specifically referencing the official repo as much as the packaged version on github. I found if I reduce the FPS down to like 6 or 8 it runs much better, but FireTV seems reasonably beefy compared to machines I was running MePo plugin on and figured the comments about removing old api calls etc. might help up it a little (although it sure beats not having my lights working!).

Thanks

Yeah, so desktop is wired, laptop is wireless. rPi is wired.

There are a couple of gbit switches and a 100mbit router.

I'm also find the live updating of colour processing (during calibration) is very much the same deal as trying to get connected in the first place. The whole tab seems to hang for what seems about the same 15 seconds it takes to log on each time I press a spinner with send continuous enabled and a connection established.. it becomes responsive around the same time as the change taking effect on the lights.

Is it maintaining a connection or re-establishing each time? I really need to fix this delay on logging in.

I tested with firewall off, it takes 9 seconds approx from entering username for password prompt to appear in putty?

Hmm. I open Hypercon, it has zero gap maintained. I increase to 1 with up button.. then down button will not allow it to go back to 0, it just stays as 1. If I manually type 0 and press enter, the image on the right still shows a 1 gap. I have to close an re-open hypercon so it is 0 and then remember not to accidentally set a gap. It did this in the current release and your new one from one drive.

So need to find a way of editing the non-editable file :)

BTW as a bug report, if you maintain a 'Bottom Gap' in Hypercon, it is impossible to navigate back to zero gap. Even if setting to 0, it maintains a gap.

How to turn off for private network? Java is already maintained in the firewall with no restrictions and I can't create a rule against a non .exe like Hypercon.

Can you compile it? Today is my first day looking at java before :) I can't figure out how to build the project to a jar, only run it from inside eclipse..

Also, surely there is some exception or condition not being captured here. If it does not establish connection before timeout then we trigger timeout error, but if connection is established but not completed within the timeout, it shouldn't just bail out right..

Rick,

I commented out the search line but it hasn't improved login time. Its weird, launching putty I see username prompt in like 1 second, but after entering username, its then a further 12 seconds or so until the password prompt is displayed.

Oh man. So I eventually got eclipse installed and downloaded the source.

hypercon/ConfigTool/src/org/hyperion/ssh/PiSshConnection.java

Code
    public void connect(String pHostName, int pTcpPort, String pUsername, String pPassword) throws JSchException {
    connect( pHostName, pTcpPort, pUsername, pPassword, 10000);

becomes

Code
    public void connect(String pHostName, int pTcpPort, String pUsername, String pPassword) throws JSchException {
    connect( pHostName, pTcpPort, pUsername, pPassword, 20000);

and it now connects (although it takes around 14 seconds).. Can you please make the timeout configurable or increase the timeout as above.

su doesn't do anything.

This is openelec, not raspbian right? it would seem root account doesn't have write permission to the file.

BTW, do you know how to compile this hypercon java program? I installed jdk and try to use javac on my modified PiSshConnection.java file but I get it to compile into class file?

Here is the output

Regarding editing the file. sudo nano -w /etc/ssh/sshd_config gives error no sudo. If I try to edit the file with nano it says error writing, read only file. PS, there was a line already UseDNS yes but it was already commented out with #.

So how to diagnose the specific issue? It's making a connection right, which is why it isn't throwing the timeout.

Should I try reinstalling something else onto this rPi 1 and see if that helps matters? Whats the preferred software to use?

And can we please try a version with a longer timeout.. It takes 12 seconds for password prompt to appear in putty ssh window when auto sending username..

So some more tests. I see in your code you are sending 10000 time out. These errors always return after exactly 10 seconds.

If I change the IP to some random non-used IP on the network, I do see a Timeout prompt suggesting 'Wrong ip?'.

But if I use the correct IP, either with correct login details, or wrong username, or no password but right username, I always get the exception thrown.

Can you please try a version which calls including a longer timeout so I can see if this is simply throwing an exception as response is too long..

Code
    connectpublic void connect(int connectTimeout)             throws JSchExceptionopens the connection, using the specified timeout.Throws:JSchException - if this session is already connected, or some other error occurs during connecting. (If there was some other exception, it is appended as the cause to the JSchException thrown.)

I uninstalled Java and reinstalled using link from Rick. Java reports recommended version installed and no old versions hanging around

I then verified my connection details in Putty (connects OK)

I can ping the machine no problem

Here is what I have entered into Hypercon (I typed out openelec in notpad and copy pasted it in to ensure the password is correct)

I get this same error every time with two different machines..

Code
    Session.connect: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out