Beiträge von davieboy

I just don't see the logic in it mate or how it would benefit the current situation but stranger things have happened lol. but it has the potential to break numerous default setups if the user doesn't understand what the command is doing.

Dyaln: yeah you can try it but i dont think it will work.

Have you tried in Configuration -> General -> LED Hardware Instance Management - Is the Instance running?

You could add another instance, set it up on pin 12 then start it, if it works remove the others.

I would advise NOT to do the above commands unless you use another user account to SSH into the pi, all that does is block the user root from logging in via SSH so any further access would need to be done the old fashioned way with a keyboard and mouse unless you have another user account that has SSH access.

If its permission problems then tailing the logs and fixing the the permissions would be the best way forward, could sort of see the logic in this if o/s blocks root login by default and you need to enable it if Hyperion is running on another server but not this way round.

Yeah you should be able to use any of these Hardware PWM pins available on GPIO12, GPIO13, GPIO18, GPIO19 instead of 18 (i use pin 12 as 18 is used on IR remote) but should be a case of changing the pin and controller type to RPi PWM in hyperion LED Hardware section an boom

I take it Hyperion is installed locally on the pi2 controlling the strip directly on the GPIO header?

Thought id chip in on this one as there are a lot of posts for advanced complicated setups with capture cards etc, I'm more of a minimal setup kinda guy that wants the lights to come on when kodi is in use and off when not and nothing else :) so hopefully it may help others.

I also thought about using the Ardrino route but the pi only has 1 purpose, to play media from a Emby Server so the onboard GPIO and smoothest Kodi wins and without a doubt Kodi runs way smoother on LibreElec than any distro build so going down they routes was a no no for me when i only need to run Kodi and PiHole so LibreElec with the docker addon from official repo for PiHole keeps the leanest meanest system for my needs.

With the LED's attached and soldered, the Data wire went to pin 18 of the GPIO along with a 470 ohm resistor, Earth from the LED strip spliced to a GND pin on the GPIO.

Clean install of Libreelec, Using Etcher then Hyperion install from here -> The Quickest And Easiest Hyperion Install Ever!!

After setting up the led's in Hyperion using the WS281X on RPi PWM everything is working sweet.

Next thing was starting and stopping Hyperion, there may be easier ways than this but i was testing some things out and they worked first time so I just left them there.

I Installed the following Addon in the official repos - Kodi Callbacks (to control Hyperion)

Create 2 scripts in the /storage directory, i opted for

start-hyperion.sh

Bash
    #!/bin/bash
    systemctl start hyperion

stop-hyperion.sh

Bash
    #!/bin/bash
    systemctl stop hyperion

Then in the Kodi Callbacks addon, I assigned Task 1 to execute the /storage/start-hyperion.sh script then in the Event section - Event: On screensaver deactivation and to run Task 1

Same again for Task 2 but to execute the /storage/stop-hyperion.sh and on Event to activate Task 2 on screensaver Activation

When I change source to kodi and press a button the lights come on, then when done as soon as the screensaver comes on the lights go off. :D

One thing i have noticed is once Hyperion has been stopped, after a good few hours the first 2 led's on the strip light up, 1x is white and the other is green - no idea what it is but it must be coming from the pi somehow - if anyone knows please let me know :thumbup: Explanation Here

Hope this helps someone out as this is a very sweet project.

Thanks to all the people who made this project possible as it's definitely brightened my media experience ^^ :thumbup:

TBH that's the way i thought of it too, £25 on some leds' if it didnt work i'm sure i could use them else where plus I have had the pi here for long enough and never put it to use apart from PiHole and Emby

power supply - i have been using an old pi3 charger and it seems to be handling it well, i even tried a low power phone charger and it worked :whistle: I have ordered a proper power supply though as the electrician in me aint happy with the current setup.

but overall very happy with it all, its a gamechanger and it will only get better as progress moves towards stable development.

Don't know if this will help you any but i recently took the plunge (1 week ago lol), I went for the 5v WS2812B strip @ 60/m. (3m in total were used for LG 49 inch)

The TV sits in a corner, roughly 20cm from the wall at either side and the centre of the tv is around 70cm from the corner of the wall.

When its up and running its awesome and no problems seeing any of the colours at any of the sections, the top strip easily lights up the full corner right up onto the ceiling (around 1 meter from the top of the tv)

If anything I think around 45cm would probably be ideal to diffuse the light a bit and give it a softer glow as I find the sides on mine are a bit strong at times and would benefit from being further away.