Beiträge von davieboy

Ah my bad i didn't realise you were splitting the setup like that, why not just run everything on the HTPC then you wont have a conflict between Hyperion Classic and NG

Memory leak - sounds like now might be the time to remove the old setup and install the new version

hyperion-project.org/forum/index.php?thread/10463/

or even cleaner, reflash libreelec 9.2.6 and disable auto updates then use the install method above - very easy an less time consuming than troubleshooting the fault.

If you do use NG make sure you don't install any of the Hyperion addons as they are not required in new version and backup your /storage/.kodi folder to save you setting everything back up from scratch

Good Luck

yeah its quite sweet, also just while your researching and deciding, I have noticed that a few of the audio reactive setups, the ESP32 board is preferred, not looked to far into it myself but may save you a future upgrade if you think you'd probably want that feature :D :thumbup:

Whooops! :D

Voltage doesn't matter, you shorted the Live to the Ground so the weakest part/s in that circuit will break, if your PSU is semi decent you may have protection at the side for the short circuit, LEDS you should probably cut that first one off and reattach the wiring.

If you dont have a multimeter id invest in that before throwing any parts at it and at least check the PSU :thumbup: might save you some cash in the long run.

Good Luck

2m is a big distance, definitely do-able but you'd need to go quite thick on the cable to allow for led power consumption and volt drop across the wire then there is the signal side of things - thats where most of your problems would lie with a long run like that.

or you could go down the ESP route then all you would need is the power and earth to the LEDS - solder the MCU a few inch from the strip - strip powers the MCU and signal wire is nice and short so shouldn't need a level shifter and allows more possibilities with WLED

just my thoughts :thumbup:

well your call Seven75271 , can troubleshoot this and get it running but will require a good few terminal commands to work out whats wrong then put it right

or you could download the Hyperbian image burn it to SD card and away you go, advantage to that would be you running the most recent version of Hyperbian

Zitat

LibreELEC 10.0 BETA 1 is released! bringing Kodi (Matrix) v19.0 to LibreELEC users. As discussed in the recent Upcoming Changes blog post it, the 10.0 release is a disruptive and limited hardware release. If you have not read the blog post – please do

Kind of says it all, that's from LibreELEC homepage, full article @ https://libreelec.tv/2021/03/libreelec-leia-10-0-b1/

main goal of that release is to fix any bugs in the actual operating system and you will probably find the devs working on Hyperion wont touch LibreELEC until its out of Beta phase and in a somewhat stable condition and you couldn't blame them.

I personally wouldn't touch a Kodi or LibreELEC in a Alpha or BETA phase on my main Pi as things do usually get broken flash 9.2.6 back on until the dust settles :thumbup:

few things, your a bit low on information but the ip address you used to SSH into the Pi is the ip address you should be going to on the browser followed by the :8090

I take it by the Hyperion version 8 that you installed you just went for the same 1 in the vid?

Did it install correctly?

If you just setup the Zero purely for Hyperion, the easiest way to install the latest version would be to use Hyperbian as it installs the o/s and Hyperion in one go and would work out the better option for upgrades etc if you are unfamiliar with installing or uninstalling things.

what do you get when you run this via SSH

Code
    sudo systemctl status hyperion

Lord-Grey would this work in Hyperbian as a way of granting the pi user the perms to Hyperion rather than running the service as root, fair play 99% of these builds it will make no difference if running as root but for the other 1% that may be out there

switch to root user then use visudo to add the following at the end

Code
    ## Hyperion Service
    Cmnd_Alias HYPERIONSERV =  /usr/bin/hyperiond start,  /usr/bin/hyperiond stop,  /usr/bin/hyperiond restart,  /usr/bin/hyperiond status,  /usr/bin/hyperiond enable,  /usr/bin/hyperiond disable

pi    ALL = HYPERIONSERV

:/

looks like you got it or are on the right path, as you see that layout thats how its laid out, not the rear of the tv but looking at it from the front, that black box at bottom left is your starting led and it is going clockwise, if you want it to start from the other side you want to change that input position and reverse the direction until the black box is where the led strip starts

:thumbup:

hopefully i read that right and thats what you were asking

1, looks good - as you want quality id defo recommend a good splitter, capture cards are a hit or miss whichever way you look at them

2, No it should be ok without them but some need them and some dont.

3, I been impressed with the Wifi setup on mine, i was sceptical like you but it uses very little bandwidth so not a problem, and another thing i didn't realise is you can keep them on their own network to isolate them but it makes it harder to configure it via the webui as you need to connect to that network then do whatever controls you wanted to do, rather than just opening a browser on any device and putting in the ip

4, No idea

5, very little but would advise LibreELEC or coreelec build with Paulchen-Panther libreelec guide in tutorials section as any other kodi setups are not as buttery smooth but Hassio may be the obstacle in this as if you run a docker setup you cannot have the plugin feature, if you go down that route then youd need to do a standard install of kodi and they can be a bit sluggish imo - maybe flash a few before hand and see what you think.

6, Wouldnt think so as silicon can handle extreme heat

7, user preferance but saw a lot suggesting the Natural white

8, probably :D

I recorded some stats while testing mine out if there any use to you

https://hyperion-project.org/i…/3754-2-days-netdata-png/

https://hyperion-project.org/i…shot-20210319-013708-png/

Good Luck

Changed it up again since last post, Instead of Adruino Nano as the MCU i went for a Wemos D1 Mini Clone running WLED - Everything else is still the same

Grabbed a quick vid of it in action using the awesome Fluid Hue Sim Test 2 by MrPacMan36 on YouTube

Few Things: Tv is 20-30 cm away from walls at side and around 80cm away from the walls in the middle but still effective, few leds on the pi & D1 light the wall up and if anything the camera over exaggerates the amount of light and the LED backlight

Another is because GUI is limited to 720 to prevent the black screens Youtube add-on is limited to 720p ;(

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

root@HyperBian:~# systemctl start hyperion <- should be running as root

check with

Code
    ps aux | grep hyperion

go back to logging and make sure debug is still enabled then toggle off then on to the led device in remote control tab then go back to errors see if anything new is there

looks to me like hyperion is happy, it can see your tvcard and you can see the video, and you went for GPIO18 on the RPi-PWM

did you add the extra earth from pi GPIO to led lights?

and disable the audio in config.txt as mentioned above?

i just re-read Lord-Grey post i got it the wrong way round my apologies, RPi-PWM needs root permissions

if you know how to SSH into the pi do that then either do as Ambientheater77 method above to set permissions and if no joy try these

Code
    sudo systemctl disable hyperion
    sudo systemctl stop hyperion
    sudo su
    systemctl enable hyperion
    systemctl start hyperion
    exit

if the first command fails then you may need to add a d to the end of all the hyperion commands so it looks like hyperiond or maybe someone else will post a cleaner way :thumbup: