Beiträge von D34DC3N73R

I upgraded from alpha 10 on an rpi4 (sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade) but the systemd service was not created after the install removed the old one. I made it manually (used pi as user) enabled the service and it's now working fine.

The short answer is yes. But you may need to experiment with the settings depending on your setup.

Zitat

??? ????? - Pls use good HDMI2.0 cable less than 15m/ 49ft. >> Connect 4K TV to splitter OUT 1, 1080p TV to OUT 2, set OUT 2 SCALER ON>>Get 4K HDR D-o-l-b-y Vision & D-o-l-b-y Atmos in sync, set EDID No.31 via micro-usb by PC, same setting for 1080p 120Hz.>>Set HDCP bypass by PC. NOT support 4K60hz & 1080p120hz work in sync.

I personally didn't have a DV tv at the time I was using it, so I can't say for certain.

Not sure how many LEDs you have or what type of PSU, but I would recommend ditching those barrel connectors. They're only meant for low amp projects. I've had one burn out on a 10 amp project before.

You absolutely should be powering it from both ends. With that said, it should still work, just gradually dimming if only powered from one end. Have you gone through hyperion settings and set the controller type, LED count, etc? If you have, and it's still only lighting up the first LED, I've seen that happen when the first LED has gone bad. That can happen because of shorts, unsecured connections, improper wiring, etc.

It sounds like it was probably my post you had read. In my case, the distribution block was necessary because I wanted to keep my power supply on ground level and run cables through my wall and out to a mounted tv. The length ended up being about 10 feet. Power will drop quickly if trying to run through small wires (that's also the reason you get power drop within the actual LED strips). That meant I had to use 10AWG wire, which is rather thick. The distribution block allowed me to run the final legs in a more manageable 20AWG.

I chose to run power to the front and back of each strip on all 4 sides. If I was cutting corners, I would probably just run power to the front and back of the top and bottom strips, and just power the side strips from one end. But what's 2 more runs in the grand scheme of things?

I also went with a 30 amp PSU (334 ws2812b). It's better to run PSUs at 60-80% for efficiency. You don't really want them cranking out 100% all the time.

Here's my setup on an 85" tv https://imgur.com/a/Yp0Y0St
    You likely don't need the capacitors and resistor with a good quality PSU, but they definitely won't hurt anything. They're there as more of a failsafe and probably wouldn't be needed with a properly wired system with good connections and a PSU without a voltage spike when powering up.

Technically it's possible, but you'd still need a zigbee controller. For instance, I have a conbee II USB stick in my home server. I run software called deconz that lets me add (pretty much) any zigbee device, including Philips hue. It was discovered in the Hyperion Philips hue wizard automatically.

Need more info. You have 256 WS2812Bs right? What power supply are you using? Is it also powering your pi? What gauge wire are you using and how long are the wires? How are they connected to the LED strip? The issues you have seem more like a hardware/ connection issue than software.

6awg will never work to solder directly to the LEDs. The wire would be almost as thick as the strip itself. That's why I went with a distribution / bus block. You bring 6awg (probably fine with 10 awg if less than 7 feet) from the PSU to the block, then spread out from a central point to all the corners using a more appropriate gauge. The amperage will be split equally between the wires off the block assuming they all have the same resistance. IMO you should ditch the barrel connector entirely. Those are only rated for low amp projects.

You have 60 amps going through a barrel connector? Can you give me a link to your PSU? I had a barrel connector die on a different setup with only 15 amps. I'd definitely suspect that as the culprit. Does your setup work at all at the moment? If so, next time it's flickering and goes out, check the temp on that barrel connector. If your setup doesn't work right now, replace the barrel connector and see if that helps.