Beiträge von Zachary Schalberg

So I found the issue, it's what I expected. The power supply pulled one of the positive wires out a bit and it touched the ground wire, killed the LED strip. I plugged in another strip, got the right results. Fortunately I found the issue, unfortunately I don't have enough to redo the TV so I need to buy some more. Thanks for the help everyone, and bright side I get to practice my skills

Sounds to me like an led layout in hyperion issue. Make sure to set your starting point in the LED layout section. If I remember right I had similar issue. Check number of LED and start and end location too. I'm almost certain this is your prob...as mentioned before as well

I do have the LED layout set up, I can post a screenshot later today. I have it set from the bottom left to the top down the right side, no bottom. If I look at the preview on hyperion everything looks accurate, I'm starting to think something may have touched with my connector and shorted it out. I'm going to try to use another strip of lights that I have to see if that's the issue. If so, I probably killed the strip

Just an update:
    Decided in the meantime to try splicing the wires again. Did that, as long as I don't move it should have a short term connection. However, the problem persists. To add more context, I have the positive of the micro USB and the positive of the lights (not where the connector is attached, just the second red wire) spliced into a barrel connector. The same is done with the grounds. Then the GPIO 18 is connected to the green on the LEDs (through the connectors). Last, another GPIO is connected to the ground on the LEDs (through the connector). So now I'm not sure why this is happening, I figured splicing it would work as it had before.The one LED that is lighting up is reacting as it should, but it is the only one that is on.

I've looked through the help hoping someone else has fixed this issue already but haven't seen it yet. When plugging in my Raspberry Pi and my Lights the signal seems to be going through, however only the first LED is turning on. My setup is as follows:
    - Raspberry Pi 3
    - Hyperiban
    - Aclorol WS2812B LED Strip Light 30 Pixels/M
    - 5v 10A power supply for the LEDs
    - MicroUSB power supply for the Raspberry Pi (included with the Pi)
    - HDMI to USB capture card

I assumed this was an issue with a common ground, and when I spliced a micro USB into the adapter for the lights and ran it off the same power it worked, however that splice is pretty week (the cables are pretty small) and keeps falling out of the connector or the wires are breaking. To alleviate that I connected the LED's ground to a ground on the Pi and that also did not work. Worst case scenario I can work on the splicing and try to make that the permanent solution, but if I can avoid that I will.

Thanks in advance