Beiträge von Funatiq

Is it just me or does Github login not work anymore since the new forum? I tried to login with Github but then it wanted to set up a new profile, which did not work because the username and email address are already used. I had to reset my password and now the "normal" login works, but Github login still doesn't.

Not sure about the file manager, but if you view pictures from "Pictures" in the kodi main menu and set "grabPictures" : true (should be default) in the hyperion config file, the LEDs should light up.

I would prefer the gamma correction on the raw RGB values before the color adjustment to ensure that it operates on the full range 0-255. After the color interpolation the range differs from color to color and it can be significantly smaller like 50-200. The gamma correction should always keep the edges fixed and that would be rather complicated to accomplish after the color interpolation.

Hi guys,
    I want to propose a better color adjustment which would solve problems people are having with dark colors if they set low RGB values for the whitelevel. At the moment hyperion uses the whitelevel values as maxima for all colors.
    Example:
    white = 100 R, 255 G, 200 B
    -> max red = 100 R, x G, y B
    -> max green = x R, 255 G, y B
    -> max blue = x R, y G, 200 B

My idea is to use all 8 corners of the RGB color cube to calculate all colors. So you would have to calibrate the colors at the corners (black, red, green, blue, cyan, magenta, yellow, white). Then we can use linear interpolation to calculate the output color.
    This would also improve the calibration of the mixed colors C, M, Y, which are at the moment calculated as sum of R, G, B channels.

I have started implementing the code here if someone wants to take a look. I still need to add the additional color adjustments for all the corners, but the code already works. This will also cause changes to HyperCon and the config file to calibrate all corners.

I hope you like the idea as much as I do. Please share your thoughts.

Das Problem liegt glaube ich auch zu einem großen Teil am Begriff "Helligkeit". Bei HSL heißt "heller" bei über 50% gleich "weißer", denn schwarz=0%, Farbe=50%, weiß=100%.
    Bei HSV ist das nicht so, da ist die "Helligkeit" zwischen schwarz (0%) und Farbe (100%).
    Das führt dazu, dass die Hyperion Regler für die Helligkeiten zwei völlig verschieden Auswirkungen haben können.
    Wenn man also kräftiges rot, grün, blau, etc. "heller" haben will, bringt das nicht unbedingt was die HSL Helligkeit hochzudrehen, weil dann die Farbe verloren geht.

Bei Hyperion ist es im Moment so, dass die eingestellten Werte für den Weißwert auch die Maximalwerte für die einzelnen Farben sind, wenn ich mich nicht irre. Vielleicht könnte man sich was Schlaues überlegen, um die RGB Kanal vom Weißwert zu entkoppeln, damit die einzelnen Farben "heller" sein können.

Also für RPi2/3 sollte meine Version einfach kopierbar sein.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/xm7mc0byauzzxvw/hyperiond?dl=0
    Die Datei muss in das Verzeichnis ~/hyperion/bin/
    Am besten du machst dir vorher eine Sicherheitskopie vom ursprünglichen hyperiond, falls es doch nicht funktioniert.
    Und dann musst du noch eine Konsole öffnen in dem Verzeichnis und eingeben

Code
    chmod +x hyperiond

Dann entweder hyperion oder einfach das ganze System neu starten.

Also ich es gibt einen Fix von mir, aber bei ein paar Leuten hat der seltsames Flackern verursacht. Ich denke mal deshalb ist der noch nicht im aktuellen hyperion gelandet. Du kannst aber meinen Fork oder hyperion.ng probieren, da ist besagter Fix integriert. Die müsstest du jeweils allerdings selbst kompilieren.

96 x ws2801 @ pi2
    "continuousOutput" : true,
    "time_ms" : 200,
    "updateDelay" : 0,
    "updateFrequency" : 30.0

und vielleicht auch noch ganz wichtig zur Unterscheidung:
    interner framegrabber mit 10 Hz

Ich habe mir jetzt auch nochmal die Zeit genommen, um das weiter zu untersuchen und ich denke, ich habe die Lösung gefunden. Das Problem war, dass das Smoothing bei zu kleinen RGB Unterschieden die Farbwerte nicht mehr ändert. Deshalb habe ich entschlossen die RGB Änderungen aufzurunden und das hat gut funktioniert.

@redPanther Schau dir mal meinen Code an, vielleicht fällt dir noch eine elegantere Lösung ein. Das Problem war das k*dif zu 0 abgerundet wurde bei kleinen k und kleinen dif (hohes Interval + hohe Updatefrequenz -> kleines k).

Hab es jetzt nur mit dem "alten" Hyperion probiert und da nehmt ihr keine pulls mehr an oder? @Brindosch
    Hab ein PR für hyperion.ng erstellt.

Okay, can you please do the white level calibration from the Process tab in HyperCon (send transform with SSH). I think the problem is that the color wheel is influenced by the config file.
    [WIKI=Color-Calibration]Here[/WIKI] is the whole manual for Color Calibration.

Habe wild im Farbkreis rumprobiert mit maximaler Sättigung, also ungefähr sowas wie (255,0,0) (255,255,0) (0,255,0) ...

Hier meine Config
    [MEDIA=pastebin]cqWFkJBA[/MEDIA]

Hey Leute, bin hier schon ne weile am Mitlesen, weil ich das Problem bei mir auch schon festgestellt habe. Hatte jetzt mal wieder ein bisschen Zeit zum Rumprobieren und habe bei mir was Reproduzierbares hinbekommen.
    Wenn ich mit HyperCon grelle Farben sende und danach Grautöne sende ist alles richtig. Wenn ich aber im Kodi ein graues Bild öffne (3F3F3F von [WIKI="hyperion-color-calibration-greylvl-pictures"]hier[/WIKI] funktioniert gut), dann Farben sende und zurücksetze, dann bleibt ein bisschen Farbe hängen und die LEDs sind nicht ganz grau.
    Es wird also irgendwas mit dem Grabber zu tun haben.

Sorry I'm late to the party. The one liner you were looking for should be this:

Code
    hueMap[m_color.hslHue() / (360/partSize)] +=imp;

I think it would be better to choose a partSize which divides 360 like 12 or 18 ;)
    Maybe you could reduce the pixels to increase the speed? Or just skip every other pixel (x+=2)?

The easiest solution would be to set the saturation to 0 when applying the MinimumLuminance. Then the backlight would always be without color which means some sort of grey.

For the idle effect would it be possible to disable the HSL transform as a whole? I dont think it makes sense to split the backlight from HSL because it depends on the luminance calculated in the transform.

Tested the new version. Everything working as expected now. The minimum luminance seems good as backlight. I tried with 0,1-0,2 luminance. Maybe there is too much color in the backlight and we could reduce the saturation when increasing the luminance.

Just tried the new beta and I'm very happy with the result. Grey colors and gradients look much better now. I also think the HSL luminance gain works better now without shifting the colors.

But there seems to be a problem after starting hyperion, I had to clearall with the remote for the leds to work with pictures or video.