Beiträge von Funatiq

Another solution for backlight would be to set a minimum luminance at HSL transformation to avoid all "dark" colors. The problem with blacklevel is that it influences all colors where a color channel is low. So pure colors get less pure. Like @AEtHeLsYn said it changes the minimum channel value without regarding the other channels.

Hi guys,
    I'm new here and first of all want to thank you for this great tool and the new website.

I played around with the color calibration in HyperCon and could not achieve a satisfying result. I took a look at the hyperion code and have a few suggestions which would improve the colors in my opinion.

1) Change order from "Adjustment -> Transform" to "Transform -> Adjustment"

The problem with Adjustment first is that the gamma value in Transform changes the pure white color. But the gamma value should only change the curve between white and black and not the values of pure white or black.

Example:

2) Change Adjustment

So this is is a bit tricky, but let me explain my thoughts. If you set your color channels to include another color this does not change the white color but influences the grey colors. My suggestion would be to only apply the color channels when the main color exceeds the other color. This way the grey colors would have an equal ratio of RGB as the white color. Another problem is that the max output value of a color is reached before the color reaches max input. This could both be fixed with a linear increase from grey to maximum.

Example:

I hope that I could explain myself well enough and you agree with these changes. I know that with the changes everyone had to do their calibration again, but I think the result will be better.
    I don't really have experience with github, but I think I have to fork the project, apply my changes and send a pull request, so that you can see my code? Thanks again for this great project!