Beiträge von abrenoch

minicap is another adb application that will provide a video stream from the an android device. There is another thread here somewhere about people experimenting with it but it never really developed past that. Even with that though you would need to root your android device and disable the secured video sources flag using something like xposed to get content from netflix (it will output a black box). I would have started with that but getting it running looks like a real PITA.

That device you linked to certainly looks promising. That is about the ceiling of what I would be willing to spend to get this working again. I'll take a look for something similar!

I did notice this on the HDfury site: https://www.hdfury.com/product/splitter-4k-uhdpro/ which is a splitter that describes an integrated scaler:

Splitter 4K UHD/PRO is a 2-Port DVI/HDMI splitter with integrated HDCP decryption/encryption engines, channel independant scaling engine and is compliant with HDMI Rev 1.4 and HDCP Rev 1.3 specifications.
    Splitter 4K UHD/PRO receives DVI/HDMI inputs, process HDCP decryption and encryption, scale up/down one or both channel and transmits the data to 2 DVI/HDMI ports.

EDIT: ah nevermind, didn't notice it caps out at 30hz

If that is the case, that device is $100 and has a splitter already integrated. I think I'll contact them and ask about it, will report back anything I learn!

Okay I'm back - good news and bad.

Overall, this exact setup is not going to work for me if I want to maintain 4k at 60hz. The HDCP standard adapter seems to have done nothing for the situation as you predicted, and adds nothing but another HDMI wire and occupied power plug. So scratch that totally from this configuration.

The 4k -> RCA adapter (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XHKF945) does actually seem to be working and I haven't noticed any issues with it (mind that I only fiddled with it for about 10 minutes so far, so that isn't saying much). The problem here obviously is it does not support 4k at 60hz which means the TV will also be limited to 30hz.

The USB grabber I got from amazon (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0126O0RDC) seems to be working as expected with hyperion - so that is good news.

So unless we can find a 4K60 -> RCA it seems like software may have to be the solution to this (without shelling out tons of cash). But I have to wonder if the expensive adapter from HDFury wouldn't just yield the exact same problem forcing the source to match the destination.

I took a little bit of time to experiment with 'screenrecord' over adb, which provides a nice quality video feed, but the latency is a problem. I tried to do some scaling and fiddling with the bitrate but I couldn't get anything that seemed like a viable option.

I guess the next attempt will be to try to produce some results using minicap, but it looks like that might take some effort to get running.

Well assuming the 4k -> RCA gadget above actually works and is incompatible with 60hz, I'm wondering if that monoprice converter will allow the TV to run at 60hz while it converts the signal to 30hz for the adapter.

I'm inclined to feel like that won't make too huge of a difference when it gets to hyperion anyway - the default grabe interval for hyperion is 10fps, so if it can do 30 reliably that would probably be good. Hopefully the RCA converter doesn't mess with the frame rate of the TV connected to the splitter, but Murphy's law and all...

Well I decided to gamble on the equipment I listed... You are right about the RCA adapter, but it was the closest thing I could find that was reasonably priced, so we will see how it performs. Plus its from amazon so I'm not worried about sending it back if it doesn't work (the reviews don't exactly instill confidence).

I'll be sure to share my experience as I fiddle around with this stuff.

Well I go try test the monitor out on my amp, and unfortunately it does no supply the signal as I was hoping (can't say that I'm surprised, that tip came from a questionable source). Some amps do support this however, so YMMV.

So looks like its back to the drawing board for me...

I did find a 4k -> RCA downsampler:
    SOUCOR Composite Converter Adapter Supporting
    https://www.aliexpress.com/ite…0P-2160P/32747633901.html

But the amazon reviews are pretty mixed.

I did find a splitter that seems promising tho:
    https://www.firefold.com/splitter-hdmi-4k

As for using ADB... I guess that possibility is still on the table now. If I make any progress in either of these departments I'll be sure to share it here!

I'll be sure to report back here too! I get my usb grabber in the mail tomorrow (I ordered the wrong one, make sure to get a UTV007 - these things all look exactly the same and descriptions are usually lacking), I'm sure hoping it works as expected!

Well the first option is hypothetical and certainly not something I'm advocating for (but I may consider that if my other option does not work).. It is confusing and as far as I know has never actually been done like that. It would also present a ton of other problem in the event it does miraculously work; such as netflix having DRM.

I'm rolling the dice with the receiver monitor out. Based on a conversation I had with another user on another forum, he is using his monitor out on his amp for this purpose.. I'm hoping my onkyo (can't remember the model) will exhibit similar behavior.

Maybe "solution" wasn't the right word - it is a theoretical solution. All the parts seem to be there, but the missing gap would be the adb minicap -> hyperion. I would wager one could pipe the minicap stream to a full-screen video player that can be parsed by hyperion's internal frame grabber, but I haven't seen this done anywhere yet.

To my surprise my amp has a 'monitor out' which produces an RCA video signal, which can obviously be used with a usb grabber. If you are using an amp I recommend checking to see if you have one as it should give you a more immediate solution.

I'm following this closely myself as well.

The best development I have seen so far (imho) has been in this thread:
    https://hyperion-project.org/threads/android-grabber-app.76/

I think this is probably the most realistic solution right now (apart from a cacophony of adapters that will probably break things like CEC and ARC).

It seems like if we can initialize ADB from a raspberry pi running hyperion, we will have a video signal that contains at least some of the screen (with the exception of perhaps some DRM things, but this can maybe be bypassed with root access). The challenge then seems to become delivering that video feed data to hyperion. I suppose theoretically we could just start something like omxplayer in full-screen and let the frame grabber do the rest of the work, but that doesn't seem like an elegant solution. Ideally we would be able to deliver that video stream directly to hyperion, but I don't know the first thing about that. That would probably demand some help from the developers.

Thanks for the reply!

I'm using APA102 leds.. The hyperion service is stopped via a 'killall', maybe that is why it is not clearing before exit?

I had thought the same thing about just setting the LEDs black, but wasn't sure if that was the best route.. I was also wondering if the mechanism capturing the screen would send additional color info before the hyperion process is terminated (after setting the LEDs to black), which is why I was asking about halting the screen capture before chaging the LEDs.

Would I be better off stopping hyperiond using a different method than killall?

I'm working on a script to toggle hyperion on/off from kodi, and have had success following the guide outlined here:

http://blog.nadnerb.co.uk/?p=11

But the problem is if you use this script while hyperion is actively running, whatever lights where being displayed before the script was ran will remain on. My question is if there is a command I can issue to the hyperion remote script to stop the grabber and clear the LED data before killing the hyperiond process.

Here is the code I'm working with (pi2 running libreelec):

Any help would be appreciated - it seems like this should be simple to figure out, but I was having a hard time!