Beiträge von Hocus

Rather than start a new thread I am in the same boat. I upgraded to hyper hdr and added a 4k capture card. Sometimes it shows up and then disappears. I can control the gpio port and turn on/off the lights but can not get anything going. Even the old capture card can be hit and miss. Can anyone help. I am still a novice :) I have also found a funny little hack if I turn the capture card of and on in remote control, it will work for 10 to 20 seconds before disappearing.

Not sure how to delete this, but I managed to get it going again, using the old usb capture card. Ill send the 4k one back to Amazon. Wondering if the issue was it did not have an external power source.

Ohh lets call it magic, I just set signal detection Vmin to 0 Vmax to 0.99 Hmin 0.9 and Hmax 0.99 and boom it goes off. It takes an extra 3 secs to come on and go off but it does the trick. Thanks everyone for your help. I just think its the cheap capture card but I'll leave it plugged in from now on.

lol unfortunately no go on any of those. old firestick plugged in will be the solution. I think its just detecting no signal when the shield goes into sleep mode. I need to find away so the shield at least gives off a signal of some sort :(

As far as I know yes, but I will double check it tonight. For now my work around is to switch over to the fire stick and go to bed lol. I have a few old ones sitting around. Its just annoying at this point.

Yup thats my setup as well. Just swaped out the capture card for another one reset everything and the problem is still there. CEC detection is on. However if I switch to the firestick and put it in sleep mode. no problemo. This one has me stumped.

I use the 2017 nvidia shield pro 500GB and don't have that issue. What type of capture card are you using? Make sure CEC detection and signal detection boxes are checked in the USB capture settings.

Yeah mine is a 2017 as well. I got the generic video loop one from amazon that DR Z video recommends. Its a pain because if I turn it off or unplug it. I have to fiddle the heck out of it before it acts right again.

Hey guys, just a question to see if anyone can help. I always had a firestick with my set up and it worked really well. I have now moved to adding an Nvidia Shield to my setup. However I can't get the lights to go off. When the Shield goes to sleep mode, I get the rainbow backdrop. Any advice would be grand. I read this thread but it was a no go. idle state configuration question

yes, it is the same problem with a static color. The flickering doesn't appear on the UI. I'm using a standard LED Wire (Amazon), should be fine.

Thanks, I will adapt my setup. I don't know why i didn't think of powering everything with the PSU.

Hopefully this will fix everything.

I am so sorry I was looking at the platform capture. When I fixed my problem it was the USB capture side under resolution. I dturned off automatic and set it to 720X 576 that stped my flickering.

This is a repost but it was a problem I had hope it helps.

I had this issue a while back and had to change the settings on the cheap amazon capture card I had to set it very low under

Platform Capture

Like 80 width 45 hieght and 1o frequency. That stopped the problem for me.

I had this issue a while back and had to change the settings on the cheap amazon capture card I had to set it very low under

Platform Capture

Like 80 width 45 hieght and 1o frequency. That stopped the problem for me.

In hyperion NG, in the config tab for the USB capture you can select which resolution is to be used by Hyperion.
    Try very low, and step by step increase the resolution to the point that is still stable.

Thanks for the reply I did get it working. Seems these cheap grabbers on Amazon have some issues. Once you get it going you cant turn them off. Cheers

I solved the problem.

The flickering issue was that the resolution was set to high in my config.

I have tested the utvf grabber on my windows laptop, and it works, but, the picture format in VLC media player was very small.
    And there it came to me, reduce the resolution to 355 by ??, Anyway very low.
    That did the trick for me.
    The pi zero can feed the grabber with enough power, try reduce the resolution.

Hi there can you point me in the direction of how you did this. Mine is flickering every few seconds. The colours are right as well.

bit extreme but whatever you find easier :thumbup: Yeah hopefully it works out this time

Big thanks to everyone for your help. Well I am in and all is working aside from the USB capture stuff and the lights flickering off and on. I saw a thread about changing the resolution for my capture card fingers crossed that helps and any advice is welcomed. Anyway for anyone else who may stumble accross this problem, I was unable to get it going using github versions. After removing hyperion I downloaded the hyperbian image and installed that on my memory card. First time success getting into the web browser. I know its not the ideal way but the web ui says I am running the latest version. So I am half way back in the game :)

I know this might seem like the obvious answer and I am a noob so what do I know. But I have done Dr Z video twice and the problem I have had getting the lights to come on has been when I split the micro usb cable. Because the Pi was fine I assumed the lights were fine. Both times I had to go back and re-jog those cables a bit.

Hope it helps.

Cool, you might want to uninstall and clean the files from that just in case anything is different

Code
    sudo apt-get --purge remove hyperion

Then run the install again with the v6 version, Hopefully all will be working :thumbup:

Ive given it a good run and no joy. I am going to wipe it again and then remove the SD and start from scratch again. Hopefully it will work.

I have the Pi 3 B+ and I installed this one in my latest attempt.
    https://github.com/hyperion-pr…-alpha.9-Linux-armv7l.deb

Interesting enough when I typed uname --M its come back as armv6L

Thanks again in advance you guys are saving me from throwing this thing out the window lol.

Wow thanks everyone for your quick replies. Well I started at the top and found this interesting.

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo systemctl stop hyperion
    Failed to stop hyperion.service: Unit hyperion.service not loaded.
    pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo systemctl start hyperion
    Failed to start hyperion.service: Unit hyperion.service not found.
    pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo systemctl status hyperion
    Unit hyperion.service could not be found.
    pi@raspberrypi:~ $

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ ls -la /usr/bin/hyperiond
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 33 Feb 11 18:05 /usr/bin/hyperiond -> /usr/share/hyperion/bin/hyperiond

Thats weird as I have 100% have a photo of it saying hyperion was installed as a service it will start on each system startup.

look into your router and check the IP adres thats assigned to the raspi, you did a lot of installations on the same MAC adres of the raspi so its possible the router has given all kinds of DHCP adresses out to the raspi...

if you have double IP's then its never possible to see it.
    so first ultracheck if it has got anything at all ( which i dont believe in much, can be wrong..) got to do with Hyperion and this is more a faulty router or networkissue :thumbup:

Thanks for responding. I am using a google wifi puck and everything is working. I can even ssh into it. I looked at the Pi and it only has 1 ip address. I even renamed it. with the google wifi app. I could try rebooting my routerbut not sure if that would do any good.. I think the odd thing is it will load with a hyperbian image but nothing else seems to work. Also I typed in
    systemctl status hyperiond@pi.service
    I get this
    hyperiond@pi.service - Hyperion ambient light systemd service for user pi
    Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/hyperiond@.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
    Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: signal) since Thu 2021-02-11 18:54:04 GMT; 70ms ago
    Process: 464 ExecStart=/usr/bin/hyperiond (code=killed, signal=ILL)
    Main PID: 464 (code=killed, signal=ILL)