Beiträge von steveniclas

Hello everyone, I'm trying to update Hyperion, which I have installed on my Raspberry Pi, from version 2.0.0-alpha.10 to the most current version 2.0.15.

After logging into the Pi via SSH, I'm trying to run the update command:

Code
    sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install hyperion

And this is the response:

This brings me another step further. Now, when I pick an effect, like "Bar (reactive)", the LEDs light up red. But nothing else happens. They don't react to the sound.

The "preview" inside of LedFx starts showing weird shapes now (not reacting to sound either, though). They keep flickering back and forth as shown in the attached screenshots 2-3 times per second:

preview.png

preview2.png

So I installed LedFX and set up a new device.

Type: FXMatrix

IP Adress: 192.168.178.65:8090 (the one I use to open Hyperion.ng)

Port: 21328 (the same port set inside your UDP_RGB_Stream-Effect)

Width: 300
    Height: 1

And set Audio Input to "Stereo Mix".

The LEDs don't light up. Error log shows this:

Code
    ledfx.core : Exception in core event loop: Exception in callback Device.clear_frame()
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "asyncio\events.py", line 80, in _run
    File "devices\__init__.py", line 130, in clear_frame
    File "C:\Program Files (x86)\LedFx\data\ledfx\devices\FXMatrix.py", line 40, in flush
    self._sock.sendto(bytes(udpData), (self._config['ip_address'], self._config['port']))
    socket.gaierror: [Errno 11001] getaddrinfo failed

I don't have much time to spare tbh. What kind of web developer support are you looking for?

Lord-Grey Thanks for your help!

It took me some time, but after updating to alpha10 (I was using alpha9), I can successfully create effects with your schema.

The HyperionVisualizer I mentioned doesn't really work though, as it updates the lights like once every 10 seconds. I'll try using LedFx next and keep this thread updated about how's it going.

Pardon the question (I'm a web developer and all this is very new to me), but wouldn't it be easier to just take the audio signal from the stream that comes with HDMI/USB anyway?

I can't seem to load the effect into my Hyperion.

When I restart Hyperion after copying the files, the log contains:

Code
    2021-08-26T20:54:54.719Z [hyperiond EFFECTFILES] (ERROR) File does not exist: /.hyperion/custom-effectsschema//udpRGBListener.schema.json

The problem seems to be the / after "schema". Where does the path come from? Couldn't find it in your files.

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to create my first custom effect for Hyperion. I have set up the python file and am able to run my effect.

Now I'm stuck, because something as simple as rotating my image won't work:

Code
    import hyperion, time
    while not hyperion.abort():
        hyperion.imageLinearGradient(0,0,hyperion.imageWidth(),hyperion.imageHeight(),0,0,hyperion.imageWidth(),hyperion.imageHeight(),bytearray([0,33,165,227,255,255,236,58,170,127]),0)
        hyperion.imageCRotate(180)
        hyperion.imageShow()
        time.sleep(1)

I expected the image to rotate by 180 degrees every second, but it's just still.

Is there a way to look into the python scripts of the premade effects? I guess having an example would already solve my problem.

Thanks!

You need to run hyperion as root with this configuration (device 'ws281x) PWM

go to your terminal

sudo nano /etc/systemd/system/hyperiond@.service

Remove the User sessionline and save with CTRL+O and exit CTRL+x.

Don't forget to reboot the Raspi after this

Looks like I failed in making Hyperion run on root before - because this did it.

It's now working like a charm - thank you guys a lot! :)

steveniclas you know that ws281x and ws2812spi use to different gpio pins on the rpi?

No, I didn't know that. I am a total beginner with all this. After some researching, I changed the connection cable to GPIO18 (pin 12 on RbPi), because that's the one showing up in Hyperion when selecting ws281x. Does that make sense? Now, I can't get the LED stripe to turn on at all, though.

This is, as asked by Lord-Grey, the error that shows up in the log:

Zitat

2021-03-14T15:31:45.580Z [hyperiond LEDDEVICE] (ERROR) Device disabled, device 'ws281x' signals error: 'Failed to open. Error message: mmap() failed'

Hi guys, I am trying to get an ambilight setup running with the following hardware:

• Raspberry Pi 3
    • LED-Stripe digital WS2811 (LK41ws-IP67) (1 data cable, 1 ground cable - NO clock cable)
    • HDMI 2 AV Upscaler (not entirely sure I need that?)

I have connected the LED stripe with the Raspberry pins 19 and 20, opened HyperCon and installed Hyprion on the Raspberry with it.

Under "Hardware", when I choose "WS281X (RPi1,RPi2,RPi3)" , send the config file and start it, the LEDs start glowing white. No rainbow, no other colors.

When I pick "WS281X-SPI" and start it, then the rainbow-effect starts running BUT only for 1 second - then it goes back to white. Same thing when I pick a color with the SSH Colorpicker (color lights up for 1 second - back to white).

Does anyone have an idea what could cause such behaviour? I'm getting kinda desperate here.