Beiträge von manonfire387

Hello, so I have a few questions regarding the soldering and reconnection of WLED lights. I'm using HD107s lights at 60m and I have an expected 4 pin connector with RGYB. There's also a separate duplicated red VCC and black GND lead with unprotected wires at each end. My PSU is a meanwell LRS 100-5 18A 5V.

1. Are these ends for me to directly connect to the PSU and provide a common ground to my RPi4? I was planning on connecting my RPi4 to the PSU using usb conversion to minimize the risk of unregulated power to the RPi4. I've read the level switch topic and understand that there may be a voltage difference that causes issues with the LEDs but I wanted to try to do as minimal soldering as possible. Am I to ignore the red wire within the connector then?

2. When soldering the cut end I am only soldering the 5V and GND wires. These also return back to the PSU. Is a common ground with the RPi4 needed for this end as well?

3. What is the best way to connect USB cables to a small PSU unit such as this? I've seen people have had success with cutting an end of cable and attaching that directly to the psu but I just wanted to verify. Currently the PSU will have the USB-C for the RPi4, 2x USB micro-b for my splitter and switch, and then the direct light switch connection.

I'm an old soul so I hand drew a schematic on what I was describing in question 1. I used blue for the ground as I had already used black to try to reduce confusion. (I am also not sure if my cable is backwards as CI and DI are reversed compared to a previous schematic drawn by TPAdministrator. Also the portion closer to the connectors says C0/D0 and CI/DI on the other side.)

Thank you for any assistance!

Hello, I really like your set up and I was trying to create something similar. A few questions regarding your set up thought. do you have a schematic or diagram of your power lay out or how you connected everything? I see there is a usb adapter direct to the PSU to the Pi4 i believe? and then the grabber is powered by the pi4 separately? And then is there a second connection to directly power your led strip?