Beiträge von GVDub

My supply has an adjustable output voltage, and I've got several multimeter, so that's not an issue. I can set up a star ground using the ground of the 20A supply as the common, since it will have a grounded power cord attached. Does that seem the best way to do it?

Just starting a build (my first), and it looks like 270 LEDs from a 60 LED/meter WS2812B strip for a 65" TV. That figures to almost 18A, and I've got a 20A supply. Is the RPi4 going to be too much additional load on the same supply? Would a common ground tie between the PSU and the RPi GND pin be a reasonable solution to run the separate regular RPi USB C PSU? I know that's not best practice. And is there any reason not to just plug the ESP8266 board running WLED into the Pi to power it?

I'm just starting on pulling a system together. Looking to feed the HDMI outputs from a Mac mini, Apple TV, Blu-Ray player, and a Chromecast to my LG 65" UN7300 4k TV. Got an RPi 4B, ESP8266, WS2812B 5m strip, 100W PSU, and various small parts on the way. I was looking at capture cards, but I thought that this Monoprice HDMI 4x2 4k switch might eliminate the need for a splitter and enable me to keep everything easily accessible. Does this seem like a good idea, and has anybody tried this particular unit?