Beiträge von OrajelToothpaste

Hi, there,

I've got my Hyperion on Windows 11, and while it used to work, suddenly a few months ago it stopped and I have no idea what's wrong. Everything appears to be working in Hyperion, output log has no errors to speak of, shows the led and output image are working fine, but the lights just don't come on.

I've tried replacing the lights, wires, power supply, and Arduino, but nothing seems to work permanently, though for some weird reason it works like every once in a blue moon, so I have no clue what's going on.

Any help would be appreciated!

My setup is below:

Hardware:

12V 10 AMP AC adapter

WS2815 leds

Arduino nano running FastLED

setup photo included, as are my FastLED code and output log

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated!

FastLED.txthyperionLog.txt

I've played around with smoothing a bit, mostly kept it at around 150. Tried turning it off at one point but didn't even pay attention to the difference since the effect looked so jarring to me. I'll try changing it more and adjusting that ARM setting you suggested
    later tonight though!!

I'd like to with 60 LEDs/M and have a 65" TV, so I need around 5M to cover it. I'll keep shopping around for sure though. Do the APA102s make that much of a difference over WS2812Bs on an Arduino?

Zitat

TPmodding

what exactly is the perfect sync for you? instead of looking for "improving" th connection to ws2812b, i would suggest you to look for "fast" leds :)

Ideally I'd like to have the colors exactly match the rate the screen is updating. I've been using Breath of the Wild to test, and ( for example) when I pass in front of a fire, the red/orange color displayed on the LEDs trails behind the fire on-screen, taking a bit to catch up with it.

Zitat

if you look at the table you will see that the ws2812b are the "worst" leds.

they only so popular, because you dont need a full spi connection (clock + data) and are mostly the cheapest in price...

I've been looking into getting some APA102s, but I just can't justify shelling out $60 – $70 for LEDs when I've already cut a strip and thus can't return it...

Zitat
    Ambientheater77

i think you need to have a look at USB capturing settings at Hyperion, if these is to high setting it slows down the PI and recources is used is high.

rendering cost a lot of calculating power in the PI/Hyperion from live feed to steering leds.

I've set my capture settings down low and decimation up to 20 and still have delay ?

Zitat

juice up the settings of config.txt

ARM setting (CPU) can be easy 900 instead of 700, or even higher. It means the PI runs on higher frequency thus more power. (like overclocking)

Sorry, I'm very new to this (this is my first pi project). Where is that value?

Hi, all :)

I've been wondering if it's possible to get a perfect LED-display output sync with Hyperion. I've tried a few different setups and they all have some margin of delay — not too bad, maybe a few milliseconds, but enough that it's noticeable. I was hoping to get some input on if there's something about my setup that would cause it (and how I can improve it).

I started out with just a simple WS2812B strip connected directly to the pi zero w's GPIO pins, then I moved to using a level-shifter and powering from both sides as I needed longer cables. These setups worked pretty well, but the delay between my display and the LEDs was bugging me so I tried adding an Arduino Nano with FastLED to the mix and I'm still having issues.

The delay with the Arduino seems to be about the same as it was when I had the lights hooked directly to the pi. I've tried setting the baud rate to 500,000, 1,000,000, 2,000,000 and in between and it all seems to look the same (IF the LEDs work at all. They'll sometimes just start with the boot-up LED test colors and then go dark, though I suspect that's because of the voltage spiking when everything starts up).

Is there something I'm missing or is a perfect sync just not possible with Hyperion?

Thanks, friends!!

I ended up trying it out myself and while I was able to technically get it working, the results were sub-par to say the least: I was getting signal to my TV and lights, but the LEDs had a three second update lag, even after setting the USB capture resolution all the way down to 512 x 288 and size decimation to 20 ?

CEC also didn't work at all, but I wasn't really expecting that claim to be true for a ~$40 capture card. I'm returning it and trying the HDMI splitter-single output capture card route instead. Found this (apparently) CEC splitter online if you're interested in trying it out:

I'll post the results when I get it!

update: that splitter worked! CEC is working like a charm ?