Beiträge von Marxon

Hi Johnny,

your info comes exactly at the right time because i wiped my LibreElec installation 10 minutes ago (without backup of course) just to notice CoreElec is not available for the Raspberry... :rolleyes: First inform then act! X/ Shit happens ^^

So lets start with a new installation from the beginning. ^^

Hi Hyperioners,

i haven't been here for a while so i am not really up to date.

Now i would like to know what are the latest possibilities for using Kodi and Hyperion via internal video gabber?

Is LibreElec v9 still the only possibility? Or is maybe some other OS with seperately installed Kodi working too?

Thanks for clearification. :)

Best regards

Marxon

Hi Sylber,

that are great news!

What would be interesting to me is: does your App support multiple Hyperion instances?

iOS Version is comming soon, so i can not yet check this myself.

Best regards

Marxon

Hi again,

sorry for my late reply.

This should happen, right. but your config says ""invert": false," maybe the web-gui has some issues, did you saved or just ticked the box?

Sorry, for this contradiction!

I checked it again but it seems that I just only forgot to enable it again before exporting the config.

Maybe you have a look there how Invert is to be used with the correct corresponding hardware setup.

Of course, when troubleshoot I allways do a elimination process. So i disconnectesd my hardware setup first and measured directly on the gpio pin: same result.

(Ich befürchte fast, hier habe ich die englische Grammatik völlig verhauen, deshalb nochmal auf Deutsch:

Nach dem Ausschlussverfahren habe ich bei der Fehlersuche natürlich bei meinem Hardware Setup begonnen

und direkt am GPIO Pin gemessen).

To be honest, like said before there is also no really need for me to use the invert signal option because i did a mistake and swapped the output of my line driver.

You guys do a great job and you are not responsible for my faults so i fixed that in meanwhile.

Everything is working now.

Nevertheless, for the sake of completeness: the "problem" remains.

I am far away beeing a programmer but i take a look in the source code. Maybe i figure out whats going wrong.

(Ein blindes Huhn findet schließlich auch mal ein Korn ;)

Have a nice day!

Best regards

Marxon

Hi pclin!

Thank you for your quick response.

Sorry, I should have expressed myself better:

I was referring the invert signal option from the LED hardware settings and not the one of the layout setting.

From my assumption it should turn a logic high into a logic low ande vice versa but when activated this option the signal remains the same.

I accidentally reversed the polarity of my RS485 line driver so this option would be usefull for me ^^

Best regards

Marxon

Hi Hyperion-Team,

unfortunately the invert signal option seems not to work correctly.

I added my config for investigation.

Best regards

Marxon

I am glad that to

Rewrite/Refresh Time can be configured for the LED device (I guess you see it with Expert level).

It it the time when a LED device does an update itself when no new updates are coming as some devices cannot maintain a stable state themselves over time.

That’s true. Was confused by the term „rewrite“ time

Nevertheless, let me have a look and add a debug statement to test how many color events end up at the LED device.

OK statements will follow…

I will also take a look into source code.

Guess not but maybe i figure out something. ^^

Little bit off topic:

Es freut mich gerade zu sehen, dass ich zwar nichts wirklich richtig kann und verstehe

aber dennoch kein absoluter noob bin. :)

Fast alles davon habe ich durch so großartige Projekte wie Hyperion und

Leuten wir dir gelernt.

Vielen Dank für all die Mühe, die Zeit und das Herzblut das ihr da reinsteckt!

Hi Lord-Grey!

1. That was also my assumption. Smoothing was of course turned off.

2. Ok but it's not just more events, it's an infinite number of events. ^^

3. I hooked up an osci and an logic analyzer and measured on the leds data input.

Hi all,

yesterday i was fiddeling around litte bit with my hyperion setup (Pi4, Libreelec, WS2812b, PWM)

and have noticed something "strange".

When turning on a static color via the web interface remote control,

sometimes data is send continuously and sometime data is send only once to the leds.

For example, they are only send once at full single colors like (255,0,0), (0,255,0) and (0,0,255).

At (214,44,85) they are send continuously.

I know this does not really matter because the leds remain in theire last state but just for technical interest:

is this an intendet behavior or whats the reason for this? :/

Thanks for explanation!

Best regards Marxon

Hi daysmoke,

ich nutze ein Meanwell S-100-5 5V/20A.

Benötige höchsten 15A, würde es auch nur ungern unter Volllast betreiben wollen.

Bisher aber zumindest keine Probleme damit gehabt.

Gruß

Hi Lord-Grey,

1) Yes, of course!

2) Even more yes!

3) It happens randomly.

I open the config page, play around with effects, colors, leave it running for a while, switch instances back and forth, everything works fine and then, without doing a specific action (or sometimes even if doing nothing at all) they suddenly swap.

Like magic.

4) Nope

Marxon

Hi all,

i am using a Pi4 and LibreElec 10 with two led instances.

From time to time it happens that my led instances swapp.

When led instance 1 is selected it controls instance 2 and vise verca. :/

Any suggestions what could cause this behavoir?

Best regards

Marxon

Thanks to both of you. :thumbup:

Suggestion:

There are explanations of the settings on most configuration pages, why not also adding them on the layout page too?

Or i am the only dump who needs a special explanation? Hope not. 8o

Best regards

Marxon