Beiträge von pigbait

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for some help with my setup... I have Nodemcu + wled + hyperBain on a raspberry Pi 4, driving 539 apa102 LED around my projector screen.. my problem is when setting UDPraw I can only use 490LED's if I try to enter anything more it will just boot back to WLED... My power supply is 100 watts, and I've tried with both level shifter and sacrificial LED I've also ran 5v power leads to all 4 corners of the LED strips.

Here is the log from Hyperion.

https://pastebin.com/h6A2edUf

Thanks ahead for helping.

thanks, but just so you know > every admin here is really helpful when it comes to first and second steps.
    maybe he didn't know thats also possible.

when i first started with this i read alot on the internet, and being a technician myself ofcourse helps alot.
    but i first tried myself to do it, some people fire like 10 questions here and also expect responsive answers soon.
    don't forget, info gathered on a forum is free to dump it there is also free so we don't have any responsibility to eachother!

succes with your build man. :)

If we look at the previous comments we are talking about 74HCT245 and for some reason nothing comes of it. All of a sudden it switches to the 74HCT145. what's interesting is Google lead me to this thread.

So for some one to say they will google for me is none productive...

I'm sorry if I'm not an electrical engineer... I never spamed the thread asking why nobody answered my question within seconds. I waited patiently for a response, I was just looking for some help. Witch you offered and I told you I appreciated it.

I Thank you once again

and like I said the next guy who googles about the 74HCT245 will now have the correct informations and won't need to be abused.

i think you can determine that yourself, A1 goes to B1 and so on. :)

Your original response was awesome, great details and very informative ill paste it so the next guy who needs help won't get ridiculed by an admin.

And honestly thanks for your help.

"look guy, listen

the levelshifter is just a piece of hardware that will increase voltage on datalines.
    the only thing you have to do is connecting the dots,
    the schematics talks for itself

GPIO 10 and 11 go on inputs A1 and A2

outputs B1 and B2 [D0 and Clk] go to your datalines of your ledstrip.

you need the "floating inputs" to be steady so connect them to ground that is A3-A8 to GND.

inputside
    DIR and GND connect to PSU , stablize the GND with PI.

outputside
    VCC and GND connect them to the ledstrip.

so A1 goes to B1, A2 goes to B2 and so on.

goodluck"

So last night i did a fresh install, Hyperion will work when I run the command ./hyperiond -d in my Putty terminal... but the minute i close the terminal it kills hyperion? anyone have an idea what i did wrong?

ok so the build is complete, what a run the last command ./hyperiond -d i get this and i dont think i can use hypercon anymore?

[hyperiond V4L2:auto] <ERROR> Frame too small: 42236 != 4147200

I see i need to use the webGUI now ..but how do i setup hyperion to auto start

did you execute this command before that?

"git clone --recursive https://github.com/Paulchen-Panther/hyperion.ng.git hyperion"

Your right i missed that line.... i now get this error..

pi@raspberrypi:~/hyperion/build $ cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug ..
    -- PLATFORM is not defined, evaluated platform: rpi
    -- PLATFORM: rpi
    -- ENABLE_AMLOGIC = OFF
    -- ENABLE_DISPMANX = ON
    -- ENABLE_FB = ON
    -- ENABLE_OSX = OFF
    -- ENABLE_SPIDEV = ON
    -- ENABLE_TINKERFORGE = ON
    -- ENABLE_V4L2 = ON
    -- ENABLE_WS281XPWM = ON
    -- ENABLE_USB_HID = ON
    -- ENABLE_X11 = OFF
    -- ENABLE_QT = ON
    -- ENABLE_TESTS = OFF
    -- ENABLE_PROFILER = OFF
    -- validate json files
    checked files: 76 success: 76 errors: 0
    -- validate json effect files
    checked effect files: 36 success: 36 errors: 0
    -- validate json file
    -- Current Version: MJPEG (GitHub-d3a0fd0/b1b5bc4-1551636880) Git Remote: https://github.com/Paulchen-Panther/hyperion.ng.git
    -- Found Qt Version: 5.3.2
    CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:262 (message):
    Your Qt version is to old! Minimum required 5.5.0

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
    See also "/home/pi/hyperion/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".

then i get this when i try the next command

pi@raspberrypi:~/hyperion/build $ make -j $(nproc)
    make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.

sorry if im not that crazy advanced at linux stuff

*** I figured it out.. I updated my distro to the newest one now just waiting for building to complete***

How did you install the official branch of hyperion.ng?
    Which device and which os do you use?

I have hyperion installed on my pi this is the OS i'm running....

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ lsb_release -a
    No LSB modules are available.
    Distributor ID: Raspbian
    Description: Raspbian GNU/Linux 8.0 (jessie)
    Release: 8.0
    Codename: jessie

When I try to run the command "cd hyperion" I get this

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ cd hyperion
    -bash: cd: hyperion: No such file or directory

sorry not sure what to do.

I used hypercon to install hyperion, I will do this command when I get home.. i will keep you posted and thanks allot for helping me out.

Could you test my branch? I added some debug output in case it did not work. So please start Hyperion with the debug switch. (hyperion -d)
    If any questions, please do not be shy. ;)
    Note: Please install the additional dependency libjpeg-dev (sudo apt-get install libjpeg-dev)

You might need to dumb that down for me sorry. How do I install your branch of hyperion?

Please excuse me for contacting you so late. I had a look last weekend and i think it is possible to implement the MJPEG encoding. I will come to programming this Sunday.
    I have no V4L2 device what MJPEG outputs, so I will try to use a virtual device.
    I will not forget you, I promise.

That awesome thanks... let me know and I'm More then willing to test and try what you need