Beiträge von dinvlad

> Image seems burned
    Do you mean it has a "pink" hue? In that case, it's probably just the lack of IR filter on it (typical for V2 cameras, as I mentioned above). Mine (v1) is supposedly ok on that (I've received but haven't tried it yet tho).

In any case, ?will try tomorrow and also will see if I can apply OpenCV fisheye correction - seems simple enough.

So folks, one should not expect good results from a PiCam right (e.g. looking at this model/lens https://amazon.com/gp/product/B07DPNDP6R/)?

EDIT: I will give PiCam another shot - my gut is that by positioning it closer to the TV and doing the minimal math as discussed in another thread, we might get "good enough" results after all. Trying v1.3 first (from the link above), since it had consistently high reviews. It doesn't seem like a bad camera overall (can even reach moderately high 49fps, which is uncommon among sub-$25 or even $100 cameras..). Colors are a bit washed out from the pictures I've seen, but at least they don't seem to suffer from the typical IR hue. If this initial PoC is at least somewhat decent, I might even try v2, to see if the colors improve.

Btw OP's "color banding" issue *might* be explainable by the geometry, incl. how the display LEDs were positioned relative to the PiCam - some panels may have color distortion towards the edges on the off-axis (obviously, if this is not visible with the naked eye, then probably not the reason). I want to position mine right at the bottom center of the TV and look up with 175deg FoV and good external lighting in the beginning. Fingers crossed.