Beiträge von Dsp21

So I'm using a supposedly 5V 6A power supply, but when connected to the Arduino and LED strip GND + the 5V to the LED Strip, the blue light on the brick does not light up, so I'm guessing it's not working as intended. What I did was remove the DC plug and wire these directly to the strip (and GND to Arduino), does that make the PSU not work?

Thanks

I'm new to this whole DIY ambilight thing so I thought that ordering a package that was already configured would suit me. Upon receiving it and seeing there's better sketches out there (like FastLED/Hyperion's adalight sketch/etc) I tried to update my "Dream Color box" which after some exploring, was just a fake Arduino UNO. However that one uses the CH340G chipset and it's just useless now.

I purchased a real Uno, now I have to do the wiring to the LED strips (WS2812B, 102 LEDs, 60/m) and the 5V power supply from the kit. I found this wiring scheme and I wonder if it will work with Hyperion.NG / Adalight on Windows 10, using the Hyperion Screen Grabber (since it doesn't cause lag on my 144hz monitor).

arduino_no_computer_power.jpg

What I purchased was something like this

DIY Ambilight from Aliexpress Kit Package

The fake arduino just had the 8 pin connected to the DC jack, like this, but it worked somehow:

Aliexpress Arduino Wiring

1. Can I re-use the Arduino's DC jack to output the data instead of wiring/jumper cables, that would make some of the process a bit easier since the strip has the plugs already in it, but I'm leaning towards a full adaptation and leave those DC Jacks in the trash.

2. Should I use a different resistor since there's not many LEDs?

3. I live in the EU so the plugs are around 220V, I think the PSU is 6A, will this be enough or should I get another power source with more amperes?

Any help would be appreciated, and I apologize in advance if I sound too confused or out of the loop, I've been trying to learn as much as I can! :) Thank you very much!

Edit:

More wiring configurations I have found, not sure which one is the "best":

Same as above but using 330 Ohms

Same as above but using a Capacitor + 330 Ohms