Beiträge von james2brite

So Guys, if I can do it, you can too. This is basic set up running directly off the pi, without WLED on a D1 mini (next project in the chain). This was before I figured out colour gamma settings, will post a video when set up with WLED and true colours.

SET YOUTUBE TO 4K FOR FULL VISUALS

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

yeah but you want it less than 50cm. Ok so, wled is a controller board that will talk to hyperion on libreelec installed on your pi using for example aircookie software via the wifi so you have pi by your sources and the D1 board wires to your led power supply and led connect through it, they then talk through wifi, hence WLED, it also converts data signal back to 5v, so no need for a seperate converter

My response to video is connect/loop the led power from start of led to end of led, not from power block to both, and your data from pi is very long. If you want the pi that far away, then wled is the route

davieboy, he's using same set up I had and same isues i was facing in the early days, just jumping starting him into it. I know all his issue were the same as mine is all.

ps. I didn't hurt me to start fresh lol

byrdman you need to use gpio18 and for longer leds just loop same power at both ends, use seperate power on led from pi BUT have a common ground. davieboy has helped me massively over today.

Do you know how to use putty? To install hyperian to libreelec?

follow these steps for a much better running system:

I now have my system running off libreelec and kodi from the pi. it runs alpha 10 on our type of leds without any changes to hyperion code. also gets you ready for wled and better colour response and everything using a D1 mini: buy me

first install this on your sd card for pi 2 and 3:

https://releases.libreelec.tv/…LEC-RPi2.arm-9.2.6.img.gz

Then connect your pi to a monitor and set up your wifi including country code, once you have kodi running use putty to connect to libre

install and open putty on your windows machine and ssh into the pi

host will be the ip of the pi

user: root

password: libreelec

port: 22

then once on libre command on putty type this:

wget -qO- https://git.io/JU4Zx | bash

This will install latest version of hyperion

then reboot kodi and it should all work (nb kodi changed my ip address, so note this down to access in putty and hyperion UI)

I did make 1 change. I added a second power supply for the end. 5V 10 Amp.

byrdman a simple solution to level out the power is just to simply loop the one power source to both ends, I am running 7.5m of led and it has stopped flickering at the end of the run. as long as correct terminals it's a good way to do it.

After install are you following Ambientheater77 instructions from this link?

pclin I have zips of 9 and 10 I just thought it would be better to start with a clean install, and found the suggested thread after.

TPmodding it is same issue that pclin linked above this link, I needed to disable audio on config file and root pi (rooting pi also enabled access to UI which I lost on alpha 10 install)

Thanks Guys

Edit, I am getting it set back to default and not pick up usb signals again. do i need to add command after to fix root ect?

You are right it seems to be leds, if you have a separate power coming from a power block for led, why power from pi too?

If you are running hyperbian 10, I have same issue too, read this link for resolution... Read Me

Zitat

On subject of that thread, some one Ambientheater77 please explain where exactly do I type this.. dtparam=audio=off in config.txt boot section? is there a file and where in file does it go (sorry no speak parcel tongue)

Manny you need to give background and info. You wouldn't go into a supermarket looking for a tin of Heinz baked beans and ask a worker where is the tin, it's just not enough information for anyone to give you a response.

To your issue, from your message about improving resolution on usb capture card DON'T... lowest resolution will give lowest lag, less data to process means quicker response, after all you only need info on colours. For others reading with this issue 640x480 resolution is all you need on Hyperion UI in 'capturing hardware'

To help others, please change name of thread to 'high usb resolution causing delay in lights' (change in 'edit thread' at top)

OK so got the led wired right, but on a test suggested by pclin (thanks) The results in the yellow range and white are all off, light green now dead:

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Any suggestions?