Beiträge von Wolterror

Don't have much time, so this reply isn't as long as it should be. I've got both HyperHDR and Hyperion NG running using a Pi4B, Feintech HDMI spitter, HDMI grabber, and 230 HD107s LEDs (HD107s will replace APA102, much higher bandwith, also a 4-wire-strip.

Just wanting to let you know it's not impossible

I have used the same Zasluke card in a working setup. Can't think of any settings I changed that could be responsible for the behaviour your experiencing. Sadly the card was already dead in 3 months. I'm now trying to figure out what to replace it with but i hear and read so many different different answers so I really don't know what to choose. Anyway, I got my setup (HyperHDR on Pi4B, 55", 60l/m hd107s, said zasluke capture card) running with pretty much stock settings.

Hardware:

- Raspberry Pi 4B 4GB running on HyperHDR.

- 55” LG LEDTV w/ WebOS

- 60led/m HD107S (power injection at start, middle, and end of strip)

- 15A Power supply

I have had this setup running before, with a Zasluke HDMI Grabber (). It only took the Zasluke 3 months to die, result: no more working Hyperion setup.

Now the question:

What hardware do you recommend to bring my setup to life again, I’ve seen so many people, saying so many different things online, and after like a full day of searching without a solid answer, I’ve had it. That’s why I’m asking the question here.

Some say the best way to go is using a HDMI splitter (for example: Tesmart HSP0102A1U, or the FeinTech VSP01202), combined with a usb 3.0 hdmi grabber based on the MS2109 chipset.

Others seem to put their money on a grabber with a built-in loop (like the Zasluke I had, or for example: EZCap269 or EZCap 320

If I remember correctly I read something about the latter being more prone to malfunction in HyperHDR…

Ofcourse things like latency, colors, and HDR support do matter and should be taken in consideration.

Looking forward to reading your answers.

Wolter

I read about the good things of APA 102 and decided that would be the type of LED I was going to use for my Hyperion Setup. At that moment I couldn't buy APA102's anywhere, so switched to the APA107/HD107s (this one to be exact: https://nl.aliexpress.com/item…042311.0.0.53ae4c4dohxEvj 60Led/M).
    I have finally got all the parts and materials in my posession, so I quickly hooked it up, but I can't seem to get any life into my LED strip.

Is Raspberry Pi (or Hyperion for that matter) compatible with the HD107S?