Beiträge von kozikodi

I tried with multiple grounds, as well as changing to SPI. I don't have a soldering iron, nor the skill, so that is awaiting availability of a friend to sort out. The issue persisted, and I disabled hyperion for now. However, i realised that the shield itself has an occasional flash - likely didn't notice it before due to the hyperion being so bright. I'm looking into sorting that out first

Unfortunately, the issue seems to continue with other sources as well - so no, nowhere near solved at the moment. Will need to get my soldering friend over.

So this is a great piece of software - I’m hoping to utilise it to limit the number of wires going to the TV.

I’ve got it up and running but I’ve noticed it has more lag than the usb plugged in card. I wonder if this is a software limitation (Hyperion or piccap) or my set up limitation (pi2+ with a wireless dongle, so signal travels across the ether multiple times)?

Thanks Lightning guy. I’m using safari on an i phone, maybe it’s their privacy stings.

Do you mean use multiple grounds at the same time?

I’ve looked at the grabber, but there was no flash seen there. I’ll continue looking though.

I’m currently running off pin 12 - gpio18. I’ll try one the spi pins.

Hi everyone,

I've set up my Hyperion and it works almost great.

My set up

Denon X3700 -> TV

-> Capture card -> Pi2B+ -> SK6812

The Pi and the strip are both connected to the same power supply (15A, 5V), with ground wire coming off the pi, along with the ground off the led strip and the power supply.

I have a great colour capture, and the whole set up runs great, beautifully responsive and everything.

Unfortunately, every now and again I will have a bright flash of light. There is no pattern to this, and i found it to be not reproducible.

I can't see anything in the log that would be relevant (no time stamps corresponding to the flashes.

Any ideas?

Please let me know if wrong forum.