Beiträge von Paolo92

Update:

I formatted and installed Hyper HDR from terminal, and got the same results:

the color/effect works, but only for one second, then the strip becomes white.

Also, tried again with GPIO18 and nothing worked. Trying with GPIO10 it works as above.

Ordered a logic level shifter, let's hope and see.

(I tried with 2812spi as you said, but didn't work, maybe I'm missing something...)

Hi everyone.

I recently decided to start my first project with raspberry Pi and wanted to set up an ambilight system for my projector screen.

I have got mi RPi3 with hyperbian, WS2815 strip with common ground to the RPi3, and data wire into GPIO 18.

NONE of the LED turn on, not even from the android app.

However, when I tried changing from GPIO 18 to GPIO 10, I got the strip to light up, but only in bright white. When trying to change the color from the android app, the color (or the effect) changes for one second, and then turns back to bright white.

I tried running hyperion as root insitead of pi (I'm a beginner user so I'm not 100% sure I'm doing this the right way), and this didn't solve my problem.

I also tried putting the audio kernel module in the blacklist as stated here : https://github.com/jgarff/rpi_ws281x#pwm

But got no luck at all.

Could it be that I need a logic level converter?

Please help me I'm desperate, and sorry for my extreme ingorance, this is my first raspberry project.

Thanks everyone!

Hi there, did you manage to solve the issue? Looks like I'm having the same issue as you.

I have got mi RPi3 with hyperbian, WS2815 strip with common ground to the RPi3, and data wire into GPIO 18.

However, when I tried changing from GPIO 18 to GPIO 10, I got the strip to light up, but only in bright white. When trying to change the color from the android app, the color (or the effect) changes for one second, and then turns back to bright white.

I tried running hyperion as root insitead of pi (I'm a beginner user so I'm not 100% sure I'm doing this the right way), and this didn't solve my problem.

I also tried putting the audio kernel module in the blacklist as stated here : https://github.com/jgarff/rpi_ws281x#pwm

But got no luck at all.

Please help me I'm desperate, and sorry for my ingorance, this is my first raspberry project.

Thanks everyone!

Hi everyone, sorry to write again in this post but I'm having a similar problem:

But got no luck at all.

Please help me I'm desperate, and sorry for my ingorance, this is my first raspberry project.

Thanks everyone!

Hi there! I'm having a similar issue.

Got the RPi3, plugged everything correctly (common ground between ws2815 and RPi3, data and backup to GPIO18 and 12v to power supply). Plugged the capture card and I was seeing output in the preview window.

Problem is, no LED light up, at all.

I tried to change the GPIO port to GPIO10, and got the LEDs to light up, but only in white. If I Try changing color via Hyperion APP on my phone, the color changes to the one I set for a second and then turns back to white.

I'm desperate, please help.

(Also, I'm running Hyperion as root, I think)