Beiträge von OnlyHuman

EUREKA!!!

My problem was that damn barrel connector! I lost that, stripped the PSU wires (with the common GND change I did yesterday), and we are in BUSINESS!!!!

THANK YOU LIGHTING-GUY, you are a Hero today.

Argh, got a GND in pins 6 and 20 connecting to the PSU and light strip GNDS. I'm getting nothing from my LEDs again.

Gotta give up for a bit. MAN, this one is getting quite vexxing.

Thank you for that link! Quite informative.

Shit, for some reason I thought since I was powering everything separately a ground is a ground, so pi was already 'grounded' with its own plug, same for pi. Going to do that now. I am excited.

Also, will GPIO10 SPI do the same thing? How would I test? My thinking would have had me aiming towards GPIO13 since it is also PWM?

Yes, I am connected GPIO18 (PIN 12).

My settings in the menu currently.
    GPIO#: 18

DMA: 10 (it was on 5, I was trying 10 from another threads advise)

PWM: 0 (Ive tried 1 as well)

I am already running as root as far as I am aware (I followed the commands from another thread and no errors came back)

LEDs are on, this is the closest I have been, as when I run an effect I can see changes in color, just not correct changes, its erratic.

I never see the start sequence, just white leds that are constantly changing colors as if they were possessed.

Hello all, I feel that I have never been closer to getting this working after weeks and brickwalls.

Today after some hunting I originally thought I needed a level shifter, but wanted to do more searching before condemning me to inaction waiting for a shipment. I also switched hyperion to run as root, which got me closer I believe. I see the leds changing color now, and are lit. After more searching I figured out how to get debugs to give me better information and came to this.

2021-09-06T16:32:40.729Z [hyperiond LEDDEVICE] (ERROR) Device disabled, device 'ws281x' signals error: 'Failed to open. Error message: Selected GPIO not possible'
    2021-09-06T16:32:48.584Z [hyperiond LEDDEVICE] (ERROR) Device disabled, device 'ws281x' signals error: 'Failed to open. Error message: Selected GPIO not possible'

Could my GPIO be burnt out? Do I need a new RPI? Can I try a different GPIO?

Thanks so much to any and all help!

I am sorry to bring this old topic up, but can someone please explain how he went about fixing this issue with a level shifter?

I believe I am facing the same issue, as I have already tried two PSUs and two sets of LEDs with continual brick walls in my way.

Can't get the lights to light at all.