Beiträge von XS21

Good morning,

I updated to the latest version and the error still seems to be present.

The error - when I am on my laptop remotely connected to my PC where Hyperion is installed everything works excellent.

If I close remote desktop:

1: Hyperion still works and all LEDs are still working - this is for full TV programs only.

2: Hyperion only works on the side of the TV - and stops working at the top and bottom with black bar detection.

seems only black bar detection stops working for me when i close remote desktop and when i log back in, in works again.

any suggestions i can try to fix this?

many thx.

Ben

Hello to all,

Yesterday I was checking the setting in Hyperion and noticed something bizarre and no idea why this is happening or related.

My set up is Hyperion NG on my main PC - Shield with Android Grabber and WLED.

When i need to access my main PC i always use my laptop and remote in to do work on it, as the main PC is connected to the main TV.

When playing around with Hyperion I noticed that when i close remote desktop on my laptop - I lose the black bar detection lol - come back into RDC and they work again.

When RDC if off, all works normally except black bar detection.....

Any ideas to help me?

Video here to show what is going on....

VID_20231207_095459
    streamable.com

Here is my log debug file:

to get the log and the error - it was running fine - i turned off my shield - put it back on to get the error in the log and then restarted Hiperion to make it work again.

The new problem is that it does not connect without restarting Hiperion anymore. I hope this helps, thank you :

When I switch the Shield this is the log: (No LED ON)

2023-01-10T07:41:37.125Z [MUXER|First LED Hardware instance] (DEBUG) (PriorityMuxer.cpp:178:PriorityMuxer::registerInput()) Register new input 'Proto@::ffff:192.168.1.47/PROTOSERVER' () with priority 100 as inactive
    2023-01-10T07:41:37.125Z [MUXER|First LED Hardware instance] (DEBUG) (PriorityMuxer.cpp:422:PriorityMuxer::updatePriorities()) Set visible priority to 100
    2023-01-10T07:41:37.125Z [HYPERION|First LED Hardware instance] (DEBUG) (Hyperion.cpp:637:Hyperion::handleSourceAvailability()) new source available -> Resume output processing and switch LED-Device on

Power off the grabber:

2023-01-10T07:43:14.617Z [PROTOSERVER] (DEBUG) (ProtoClientConnection.cpp:76:ProtoClientConnection::disconnected()) Socket Closed
    2023-01-10T07:43:14.824Z [MUXER|First LED Hardware instance] (DEBUG) (PriorityMuxer.cpp:359:PriorityMuxer::updatePriorities()) Removed source priority 100
    2023-01-10T07:43:14.824Z [MUXER|First LED Hardware instance] (DEBUG) (PriorityMuxer.cpp:422:PriorityMuxer::updatePriorities()) Set visible priority to 255
    2023-01-10T07:43:14.824Z [HYPERION|First LED Hardware instance] (DEBUG) (Hyperion.cpp:628:Hyperion::handleSourceAvailability()) No source left -> Pause output processing and switch LED-Device off

Power on the grabber: (No LED On)

2023-01-10T07:43:25.760Z [PROTOSERVER] (DEBUG) (ProtoServer.cpp:75:ProtoServer::newConnection()) New connection from ::ffff:192.168.1.47
    2023-01-10T07:43:25.831Z [MUXER|First LED Hardware instance] (DEBUG) (PriorityMuxer.cpp:178:PriorityMuxer::registerInput()) Register new input 'Proto@::ffff:192.168.1.47/PROTOSERVER' () with priority 100 as inactive
    2023-01-10T07:43:25.831Z [MUXER|First LED Hardware instance] (DEBUG) (PriorityMuxer.cpp:359:PriorityMuxer::updatePriorities()) Removed source priority 0
    2023-01-10T07:43:25.831Z [MUXER|First LED Hardware instance] (DEBUG) (PriorityMuxer.cpp:422:PriorityMuxer::updatePriorities()) Set visible priority to 0
    2023-01-10T07:43:25.831Z [HYPERION|First LED Hardware instance] (DEBUG) (Hyperion.cpp:637:Hyperion::handleSourceAvailability()) new source available -> Resume output processing and switch LED-Device on
    2023-01-10T07:43:25.887Z [MUXER|First LED Hardware instance] (DEBUG) (PriorityMuxer.cpp:422:PriorityMuxer::updatePriorities()) Set visible priority to 100

Restart Hiperion server on win10: All Works again

Hello to all,

I am recently having problems since a reinstall of windows. It was working for months flawlessly and recently, wither i forgot a setting or something, it does not connect easily anymore.

I need to restart Hiperion a few times and also play with android grabber on and off, and then it connects.

When i finish watching, i turn off my shield, next day lost the link between the hiperion set up and I am not sure why or what I may have missed from my last install.

If anyone has any tips to what to look for that would be great please.

I have set the priority of the grabber to to 150, I see my WLED is receiving the data from my PC where Hiperion NG is installed. If it managed to work eventullay settings are ok, just trying to find a way that it stops disconnecting so frequently.

Thank you again

Ben

Hello all

Ive started setting this up and first impressions are great. Thanks for all the help above.

I have a question though.

I already managed to make it better playing with the Smoothing Effect Linear, but the lights change ever so slightly before whats on the TV.

Is there a setting to avoid this?

I found to fix the opposite scenario with delay, however, im getting too early.

Thanks

Ben

Hi all and sorry for the late replies.

Thank you for all the heads up - I will try with what I have at the moment.

I have a PC - I have an ESP32 with WLED on it - I have an LED strip that I'll connect to the ESP.

Will start with Android grabber as most my watching is Plex and Youtube, Spotify too. that's is for 80% of watching.

I will start soon and let you know the results :)

Thank you for the reply.

Seems to get the full experience and your experience - going RPI may be the best option...

If I go that route - I guess I would use the ARC HDMI from the AMP to the Splitter and back out to the TV from the splitter?

Anyone has good recommendations good value for

4k splitter - Capture card and RPI please?

The main reason for going grabber and win10 was budget to be honest.. :)

Good day to all,

I am thinking of starting this project, I have watched many videos and tutorials and looking to do it like this and have comments from the professionals and those who have done it before me, please.

My set-up:

55" TV - connected to AMP via ARC

Shield Pro TV connected to AMP

I am thinking of using the Android Grabber to start off first installed on my Shield.

Add WS2812B LEDs and connect an ESP32 with the WLED firmware on it.

I am thinking of installing either Hyperion-ng or HyperHDR to my always-on Windows 10 PC.

Any tips or comments on the set-up above?

I understand that the Android grabber unable to work with Netflix only due to DRM restrictions.

My main use is YouTube - Plex - Spotify on my Shield.

Thank you in advance if starting this way is ok and if you have any recommendations.

Ben