Beiträge von RedStep

You can use DIVA with Hyperion or DIVA and it's own LEDs. Hope that helps
    I have a diva
    Amazing stuff
    Can get LLDV content
    Mind you you won't get DV and Ambilight at the same time

Thank you. I usually use Xbox One X for content so I’m limited to HDR10. Sounds like I need to bit the bullet on this one. Do you still need the conversion path (HDMI > HDMI2AV > RCA Grabber) with it?

Hello all - I previously had an amazing system (tv lights + 6 AtmoOrb globes) running that I lost when I upgraded to a 4K OLED. I boxed it all up and moved on.

I’ve now rebuilt it and I have everything running (RPi3, Arduino Uno, WS2812). I can connect via Hyperion and light the room up, but I can’t get the video capture running. I have the UTV007, but it just shows a black screen with some green lines. I’m going receiver > converter > HDMI2AV > grabber.

Rather than keep buying grabbers / converters, I’m hoping to just bite the bullet and get one that I know will work. I’ve read every thread on here and I think the HDFury Diva is what I need, but before I drop that cash, can somebody confirm? I just need a little more than my intuition. Thank you!

Of course.

Primary (this one crashes out during startup so I have to start it manually via SSH)
    [MEDIA=pastebin]v8ajZsNu[/MEDIA]

Secondary
    [MEDIA=pastebin]t3s0wJpn[/MEDIA]

For good measure, here are the logs as well.

Primary
    [MEDIA=pastebin]2AMCXgkC[/MEDIA]

Secondary
    [MEDIA=pastebin]U1HmATps[/MEDIA]

Details...

I was able to get the Orb working but only if it's in the primary Hyperion instance - I still have the problem of Hyperion starting before the USB grabber so the primary instance crashes. I have to run it manually, after which it works. However, having the Orb on Instance 2 and then starting Instance 1 to forward the screengrab doesn't seem to work. When I switched the Orb to Instance 1, it works perfectly.

Could there be something about the UDP transmission that doesn't initialize if it doesn't have the feed from the primary instance running first? I can move the WS2801 to the secondary instance if so, the WS2812B worked there. Thanks!

Cross-posting from the MediaPortal forum since my post has been awaiting approval for a few hours. Sorry!

The AtmoOrb tutorial is great, but I'm having trouble getting it set up - I have the Photon and the NeoPixel Ring plugged in and the sketch uploaded (sketch is below), but can't get a response from the lights.

When I power up it breaths cyan but that's it - neither the AtmoOrb app, Hyperion, or MediaPortal can get any change. I switched Rings and got the same thing, so I'm assuming I'm missing something with the software side. I have FastLED 3.1.5 and it all compiles/flashes without any errors.

Uploading a simple NeoPixel sketch with a rainbow cycle works just fine, so the LEDs seem to be addressing okay. Maybe it's a UDP/Multicast issue? I left all values as default but haven't used Multicast before. I'm using an R7000 router which apparently works well with Multicast. Any help is appreciated!

[MEDIA=pastebin]8UZpsz1u[/MEDIA]

Excellent! My ultimate goal is to have the full strip around the TV and then two AtmoOrbs on top of my tower speakers to either side (each set to the left/right third of the TV or so). Ordering the Photons and LED rings tonight so Adafruit can ship on Tuesday.

Thank you! I had added a second board on the Arduino but maybe it wasn't selected when I last updated the sketch. I checked my work and did it again - it works now, even as a second instance of Hyperion running alongside the WS2801 (though this is only temporary). For some reason it is also detecting the USB grabber and starting Hyperion properly on boot now. Thank you for your help! Hopefully I won't need it again until next week when I start on my project of adding 2 AtmoOrb lights to the left and right of the TV.

Update: Do you know why it might have displayed the same behavior when connected to the GPIO pins? I prefer to use the Arduino anyway, but curious if running off GPIO is inadvisable or maybe I was doing something wrong. Thank you

I've been diving headfirst into the world of LEDs, so I'm already at my first upgrade. I want to replace my existing 116-LED WS2801 strip with a 232-LED WS2812B strip. I read every discussion and guide I can find, so I had an idea of what to expect.

I got my Arduino Uno R3 up and running with FastLED (using Rick164's tutorial) pretty easily, but when I connected it all, set HyperCon to AdaLight, and ran Hyperion the LEDs were updating very slowly (about 500ms between refreshes, video below). I figured maybe the Arduino was the issue, but when I connect directly to the GPIO I get exactly the same thing. The strip is powered by an 8a power supply - running the FastLED Demo is fast and perfect - I only hit the speed issue once I'm connected to Hyperion. My log and Config are below (for the AdaLight iteration). I know the WS2812B isn't as accurate as the 2801, but I'm hoping I can solve this. Thank you!

Video -

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Log:
    [MEDIA=pastebin]k0bZrqCB[/MEDIA]

Config:
    [MEDIA=pastebin]DuZbLLLX[/MEDIA]

Adding a Cronjob didn't seem to work (the log just shows the same crash) but I replaced the HDMI2AV which solved the flashing. I'm going to keep trying to figure it out, but at least now I can manually activate it and it works perfectly. Another target is the black bar detection, which doesn't seem to be working with the black bars on content from the HDMI2AV (when I take a screenshot, they show as grey-ish, which may be causing it. I set a config with a manual 2.35:1 crop, which I'll switch out when watching a movie for now.

Thanks again for your help, this is a great system and I'm really glad to have it up and running.

That's what I was thinking - Hyperion is initializing before the USBTV can, but I don't know if you can rearrange "boot order" on OpenElec like you could in Windows or another OS.

Nope, no log entries for the flashes. If I switch devices it shows up immediately, nothing for those. I should have the new HDMI2AV this afternoon, I'll swap it out and give it a test. Just having it working is great, if I have to initialize manually that is annoyance but I can live with it. I'll post once I test that out, thanks for your help!

Sure thing - I removed the Framegrabber from the Config (I had it removed in Hypercon so I just regenerated the config):
    [MEDIA=pastebin]sR0xuLdL[/MEDIA]

Which gave the same error on boot:
    [MEDIA=pastebin]QkKyWXuB[/MEDIA]

Running the command manually seems to work, however:

Once that runs it's working well with another input (Roku), just with periodic flashes. Thanks again, I really appreciate the help getting this running.

Thank you. I have the Fushicai USBTV007 plugged into a powered USB 3.0 hub.

Here's lsusb:

Bus 001 Device 005: ID 0603:0002 Novatek Microelectronics Corp.
    Bus 001 Device 006: ID 1b71:3002 Fushicai USBTV007 Video Grabber [EasyCAP]
    Bus 001 Device 004: ID 2109:2811
    Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMSC9512/9514 Fast Ethernet Adapter
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9514 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMC9514 Hub
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

And ls -lh /dev/

/dev/:
    autofs nbd8 tty16 tty54
    block nbd9 tty17 tty55
    btrfs-control net tty18 tty56
    bus network_latency tty19 tty57
    char network_throughput tty2 tty58
    console null tty20 tty59
    cpu_dma_latency ppp tty21 tty6
    disk ptmx tty22 tty60
    fb0 pts tty23 tty61
    fd ram0 tty24 tty62
    full ram1 tty25 tty63
    fuse ram10 tty26 tty7
    gpiomem ram11 tty27 tty8
    hidraw0 ram12 tty28 tty9
    hidraw1 ram13 tty29 ttyAMA0
    hwrng ram14 tty3 uhid
    initctl ram15 tty30 uinput
    input ram2 tty31 urandom
    kmsg ram3 tty32 usb
    log ram4 tty33 vc-cma
    loop-control ram5 tty34 vc-mem
    loop0 ram6 tty35 vchiq
    mem ram7 tty36 vcio
    memory_bandwidth ram8 tty37 vcs
    mmcblk0 ram9 tty38 vcs1
    mmcblk0p1 random tty39 vcs2
    mmcblk0p2 shm tty4 vcs3
    mqueue snd tty40 vcs4
    nbd0 spidev0.0 tty41 vcs5
    nbd1 spidev0.1 tty42 vcs6
    nbd10 stderr tty43 vcsa
    nbd11 stdin tty44 vcsa1
    nbd12 stdout tty45 vcsa2
    nbd13 tty tty46 vcsa3
    nbd14 tty0 tty47 vcsa4
    nbd15 tty1 tty48 vcsa5
    nbd2 tty10 tty49 vcsa6
    nbd3 tty11 tty5 vcsm
    nbd4 tty12 tty50 video0
    nbd5 tty13 tty51 zero
    nbd6 tty14 tty52
    nbd7 tty15 tty53

What's interesting is that I played around with it a little bit after I posted and I can run:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/storage/hyperion/bin /storage/hyperion/bin/hyperiond /storage/.config/hyperion.config.json --crop-top 0 --crop-left 0 --crop-bottom 0 --crop-right 0 --size-decimator 8 --frame-decimator 2

via SSH and it comes on and captures video from USB. It flashes black/white about every 30 seconds, but I'm not sure if that's a software issue or with the HDMI2AV. When I switch back to Kodi via USB capture, it's lower resolution and doesn't flash. I assume that's a hardware issue, I already ordered a new HDMI2AV.

I finally got Hyperion running with a WS2801 string. The problem I'm having now is that I can use the internal framegrabber, but V4L2 crashes every time. Some details:

- I'm running OpenElec 6 and the lights work perfectly when grabbing from the Pi
    - I have a Fushcai converter attached to an HDMI2AV box attached to my receiver's HDMI Out
    - I can see the grabber in PuTTY. it shows the Fushcai on /dev/video0
    - I can take screenshots through SSH, they look fine
    - When I boot, Hyperion errors out every time with "V4L2GRABBER ERROR: Cannot identify '/dev/video0' ERROR 2, No such file or directory"

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Log:
    [MEDIA=pastebin]BUrMMFGg[/MEDIA]

Config:
    [MEDIA=pastebin]CuCxX4Z1[/MEDIA]

This is solved - what I found was that Hypercon is (at least on my system) not always saving/updating values that I don't change. All I did was go through every single field in the Process tab, changing each value up one and then back. After I saved and re-uploaded it works perfectly.

I had an idea that might be the case yesterday since it was still showing WS2801 in the Config file despite showing Lightpack in the app.

Hi - very new to all this but I think I'm getting most of it down. I have OpenElec 6.0.3 running on a fresh Pi2 install. I can get Hyperion installed okay and with some fiddling was able to get it to recognize the (generic) Lightpack, but it stops there. It also has a weird bit in the log where it says it both found the device and cannot find the device. If I plug into a PC it is recognized immediately (ie with Prismatik) and seems to work perfectly, but I really want to figure this out for my TV.

The Lightpack has 10 strips of 9 LEDs, I'm not sure if they need to be addressed differently? Any help is appreciated!

Configuration:
    [MEDIA=pastebin]v0gGQH31[/MEDIA]

Log:
    [MEDIA=pastebin]rC1knFwL[/MEDIA]