Beiträge von SchulaMan

Lord-Grey yes, the pi is definetely not blocked (with the older OS versions it connects like it should...)

I just read in the raspberry news An update to Raspberry Pi OS Bullseye where an user described exactly this problem (9th April in the comments):

When installing Bullseye headless with an wpa_supplicant the WIFI keeps disabled even if one uses the correct country code in the wpa_supplicant. It seems to keep disabled until the country code ist set manually via the raspi-config.

That´s rather strange and prevents the possibility for a headless installation with only WIFI enabled.

Hi,

since yesterday i´ve been trying to setup Hyperbian Version 2.0.14 with a headless configuration on a pi zero 2. I had some issues with the older version - maybe a hardware problem of my pi. Everything works fine for about 4 days to 6 weeks. After that time, the pi is not reachable any more and must be reset. That´s why I want to try the new version. But there´s a problem:

Everytime after rebooting with the new version, the pi does not connect to the WLAN. I can´t find the pi in my router. There seems to be no connection to WLAN.

Like during my older setups I flashed the image to the SD-card (balena Etcher).
    After finishing, I copied the files wpa_supplicant.conf and ssh to the root of the SD and booted the pi (like mentioned in Installation of Hyperbian).

There´s nothing special in the wpa_supplicant:

Code
    ctrl_interface=DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant GROUP=netdev
    update_config=1
    country=DE

network={
      ssid="<my_ssid>"
      psk="<my_key>"
      key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
    }

After the first boot, the two files disappear from the root. They seem to be processed.

When doing exactly the same with Hyperbian version 2.0.13 (or even the very old version from 21.11.2021), using exactly the same wpa_supplicant (I copied the same files to the root), everything works as expected. I see the pi in the router, it gets an address and is accesible with ssh and WEB over WLAN.

Just to figure it out, I also tried the newest Pi OS (22.09.2022) -> same weird behavior - there´s no WLAN. Flashing a very old Pi OS version (28.01.2022) results in a working WLAN.

My guess is, that there is a problem in the underlaying Pi OS of Hyperbian.