Beiträge von davet123

It is best to create a new instance, select adalight, default 115200 baud rate, create LED layout and control WLED via USB. The baud rate is not optimal for some stripes, some ESPs also allow a higher baud rate, can be set in WLED, must be set the same in Hyperion and WLED. If the baud rate for the stripe is too low, there may be delays, but it should be enough to test whether your problem no longer occurs.

This solved the flashing light problem, but the delay is quite bad! Is there a way to decrease the delay? Do I just increase the baud rate, or can that cause problems?

Zitat von Lord-Grey

Does it also happen, if you disable smoothing?

Yes it does - I disabled it last night, but it's still hapenning. :(

Zitat von Lord-Grey

For that I opened this issue at WLED a while ago, but no feedback.

Maybe you would like checking there too.

I've checked that - not great that they haven't addressed it since you raised it in November! If that's the issue that I'm dealing with is there nothing I can do?

How is the channel utilization in WLAN?

It doesn't work with USB serial control either?

How do I find the channel utilization in WLAN? I've had a look through the settings but I can't find anything.

And how do I go about setting it up with USB serial control? Not sure that's something I'm aware of!

I haven't tried disabling smoothing, but I'll give that a go and see if it makes a difference.

Zitat

The WLED device is currently not able to automatically recover from that state.

As for that, it does recover itself after the error - the lights only go orange for a second or two before reverting back to what they're supposed to be doing. I haven't had any problems with my wifi before, and the ESP8266 and RasPi are both in the same room as the router, so I'm not sure what more I can do to make it more stable! I'll have a tinker and see if anything helps.

Thanks for taking the time to help - I really appreciate it.

Absolutely - I reflashed the ESP8266 with the official version of WLED about an hour and half ago, and this is the log from then up until the first time the error occured:

Thanks for the suggestion - the only reason I'm using the HyperSerialWLED is from when I've been troubleshooting this very issue - it originally started happening when I used the standard WLED release, so I tried the beta WLED release, and then I tried HyperHDR to see if that would help. I then tried HyperSerialWLED to see if that would make a difference, which it didn't!

Having said all that I'll reflash the ESP8266 with official WLED release and update on here if it makes a difference :thumbup:

Here's some more of the log from this evening. I figured the first line may be relevant:

Code
    2022-03-06T20:41:20.671Z [ LEDDEVICE] (WARNING) (192.168.1.177:19446) Write Error: (7) Unable to send a message
    2022-03-06T20:42:23.588Z [ LEDDEVICE] (WARNING) Previous line repeats 200 times
    2022-03-06T20:52:22.308Z [ LEDDEVICE] (WARNING) Previous line repeats 200 times
    2022-03-06T21:11:22.949Z [ LEDDEVICE] (WARNING) Previous line repeats 200 times
    2022-03-06T21:12:25.229Z [ LEDDEVICE] (WARNING) Previous line repeats 200 times
    2022-03-06T21:32:22.628Z [ LEDDEVICE] (WARNING) Previous line repeats 200 times
    2022-03-06T21:41:24.429Z [ LEDDEVICE] (WARNING) Previous line repeats 200 times
    2022-03-06T21:42:25.709Z [ LEDDEVICE] (WARNING) Previous line repeats 200 times

Hi everyone,

I'm having an issue with my setup that I can't find anyone else talking about, so I can only assume it's something I'm doing wrong. Everything works perfectly, but every so often my lights lose connection and revert to the default colour in WLED (usually orange) for a few seconds, and then go back to doing what theyre supposed to do. Sometimes it will work for a while without flashing orange, but other times it will happen multiple times in an hour. Here's what the log shows when it happens:

Code
    2022-03-06T16:02:18.119Z [ LEDDEVICE] (WARNING) Previous line repeats 200 times
    2022-03-06T16:11:21.439Z [ LEDDEVICE] (WARNING) Previous line repeats 200 times
    2022-03-06T16:31:19.039Z [ LEDDEVICE] (WARNING) Previous line repeats 200 times
    2022-03-06T16:32:21.759Z [ LEDDEVICE] (WARNING) Previous line repeats 200 times

Here's my setup (I'm assuming the video capturing part isn't relevant, but let me know if it is):

WS2812b (206 LEDs) powered by 5V 8A Power Adapter (for LEDs only)

ESP8266 v3 flashed with NodeMCU v2 (from here https://github.com/awawa-dev/HyperSerialWLED/releases)

Raspberry Pi 4b running Hyperion 2.0.12 set up to connect to ESP8266 through WLED

If anyone can offer any suggestions I'll be forever grateful!

Thanks. :thumbup:

Hi everyone,

I'm having an issue with my setup that I can't find anyone else talking about, so I can only assume it's something I'm doing wrong. Everything works perfectly, but every 10 minutes my lights lose connection and revert to the default colour in WLED (usually orange) for a few seconds, and then go back to doing what theyre supposed to do. Sometimes it will work for half an hour without flashing orange, but usually it'll be exactly 10 minute intervals, and it always happens twice with exactly a minute in between.

It's probably worth noting that I'm using HyperHDR, but I have tried it with Hyperion and encountered exactly the same problem.

Here's my setup (I'm assuming the video capturing part isn't relevant, but let me know if it is):

WS2812b (206 LEDs) powered by 5V 8A Power Adapter (for LEDs only)

ESP8266 v3 flashed with NodeMCU v2 (from here https://github.com/awawa-dev/HyperSerialWLED/releases)

Raspberry Pi 4b running HyperHDR v17.0.0.0 set up to connect to ESP8266 through WLED

Log:

If anyone could offer any assistance I'll be eternally grateful as this is incredibly frustrating!

Thanks in advance! :)