Beiträge von shawnleo001

Greetings, thanks to all developers :)
    Currently i am more like a "organizer" than a real programmer ;)

If the interest is that high i may able to complete a tutorial based on this. The comfortable color calibration for this is not given and this is the reason why i still delay this.

Thank you and I am looking forward to it.

I have received a great deal of valuable info here and I hope this post could be a small useful tip to anyone here.

This is to show you my way of controlling the hyperion with remote controller. I am sure there are lots of smarter ways to do this.

My set up is RPI3 and OSMC KODI. My remote controller can be found in the following link:

ATian Remote Control Windows Center

This remote is inexpensive and it works fine with KODI. However, some of the keys in this remote have no use in KODI. So I used them to control the hyperion.

BTW, if you are using a USB keyboard to control KODI, I belive this method will work as well. All you need to know is the your control device's KEY ID.

OK here we go...

1. SSH into your OSMC and build python files to execute the hyperion control command. I named the files hyp-off.py and hyp-on.py and I put them in the following folder.

/home/osmc/hypctl/

2. hyp-off.py contains the following code:

Code
    #! /usr/bin/python

import os

os.system("/usr/bin/hyperion-remote --color black")
    os.system("sleep 2")
    os.system("sudo systemctl stop hyperion")

3. hyp-on.py contains the following code:

Code
    #! /usr/bin/python

import os

os.system("sudo systemctl start hyperion")

4. Make the above two newly created files executable with the following commands:

chmod u+x /home/osmc/hypctl/hyp-off.py
    chmod u+x /home/osmc/hypctl/hyp-on.py

5. Create keyboard.xml in the following location:

/home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/keymaps

6. Here you will need to know your remote's key id. For my case, I am using the "desktop" (key ID 2158660) in the bottom right corner to turn off Hyperion and the key "My PC" (key ID 2158661) to turn on Hyperion.

The code of keyboard.xml is as the following:

8. Restart your kodi with the following command and we are done :)

sudo systemctl restart mediacenter

Actually, with this method, you can customize your remote and let it activate/deactivate all hyperion command such as turn on/off the built-in hyperion effects, or light up the leds with the color you want etc. All you have to do is put the hyperion-remote command in the python file and map your key to execute the python file.

Hope this helps and I know there is better way to do this. Hope you could let me know if you have any better idea. Or if there is any problem with the method I introduced here, please let me know too! Thank you!!!

First of all, the new hyperion 1.03 release is really great. I had issue with the LEDs switching between grabber video and kodi video. And in this new release, it totally solved the problem! Thank you Brindosch. You da man!:thumbup:

In addition I just read a post here regarding NodeMCU hyperion setup:

https://hyperion-project.org/t…-apa102-leds-flicker.177/

And I really want to give it a try. But I just don't know how is it done? The tutorial in the post is in German and there is no picture showing the setup. I also tried to google it but did not get much useful info neither...

I really appreciate it if anybody could give me more guidance? Thanks...

Hi,

After reading the post regarding which LED is better (https://hyperion-project.org/t…which-led-is-the-best.35/), I wand confirm the following things please? Thank you.

First of all, how big is the difference between the 4-wire LED and the 3-wire LED. I am using 3-wire WS2812B with Arduino Nano clone. The arduino sketch library is "Fastled". And I can notice the delay of the LED light to the TV screen. (The delay is very small and this could be the result of Hyperion's smoothing.) If the 4-wire is faster, I will switch my setup to APA102 strip. But do you think the performance will be improved if I switch to APA102 and get rid of the arduino?

In addition, the above mentioned post said the WS2812B often leads to problems. My USB video grabber can work with Hyperion but the system cannot automagically switch videos sources from the USB grabber video to the KODI video or vice versa. Do you think by switching my 2812 strip to APA102, this issue will be solved?

BTW, can I use APA102 strip with 60LEDs per meter? Or hyperion will work better with 30 LEDs per meter strip?

Thanks!

Adding a Cronjob didn't seem to work (the log just shows the same crash) but I replaced the HDMI2AV which solved the flashing. I'm going to keep trying to figure it out, but at least now I can manually activate it and it works perfectly. Another target is the black bar detection, which doesn't seem to be working with the black bars on content from the HDMI2AV (when I take a screenshot, they show as grey-ish, which may be causing it. I set a config with a manual 2.35:1 crop, which I'll switch out when watching a movie for now.

Thanks again for your help, this is a great system and I'm really glad to have it up and running.

I have two V4L2 video grabbers bought from the same store. The first one I got works fine. The second one I got does all weird things but work. Also the HDMI2AV converters I got have the same issue. Maybe try using another grabber? I know it's frustrating but hey, that's the fun part, right? :)

Hey @shawnleo001, i am writing the additional part for this tutorial to extend HDMI-Sources. But i have the same problem as you! I tried yesterday different solutions but nothing where i would say "yeah that's good" and second problem I'm try to figure out how to fix it is the color calibration. The colors from kodi are digital values...so it is easier to detect them, using a USB grabber the colors are changed to an analog signal...so the detection/perception is a different... so may i will first release a tutorial with a "workaround" and then we have to look how we could solve the problem :)

Thanks a lot for your quick response! And thanks for your information. I will be looking forward to your tutorial! You guys rock.

Really really appreciate your tutorial. It's really great!

If only I had seen this earlier, I would not have to struggle installing my system with 2812 LED and Arduino with Adalight. Anyhow, My set up with 2812 LED works fine. And then I tried to use the v4l2 USB grabber so I can feed other video source (such as my Xbox) to RPI and have the hyperion lights working. But it's not working the way I want.

In the hyperion.config.json file, I leave all priority values as default (v4l2 grabber 900 and framegrabber 890). LEDs do not react to the v4l2 grabber video source. Then I set the v4l2 grabber's priority to 880, the LED only reacts to v4l2 grabber. They will not react to KODI's video.

I am sure I am missing something here. And I have been trying this for days.

So would you please tell me how to fix this so that both v4l2 video grabber and KODI video can both work e.g. I turn on my Xbox, LED reacts to Xbox video source through v4l2. Then I turn off Xbox, LED goes back to work with KODI automatically.

Thanks!!!