Beiträge von Trecker

PicCap 0.2.3 has some bugs, better is the unicapture branch, and Hyperion.NG directly on the LG TV

Is there any information on how should I use it?

I tried looking it up and all I found was another topic on this forum where you pointed someone to discord.

I couldn't find any specific install instructions and I really don't know that much about it to be able to do it without help.

Other issues where resolved so I'd like to focus on reducing LED lag as much as possible.

I'd like to avoid usb capture if possible. It does not meet my expectations regarding video quality (at least capture cards I found).

reduce lag trough network proto server, lower the fps

Could you either elaborate or refer me to some source?

I have no experience with this whatsoever so I'm not really sure what are you talking about.

Also would swapping RPi zero to 3/4 help with lag in this scenario?

So the app connects to the channel and detects YT/Amazon/Netflix content, internal code is shutting the stream off.

Yea I get that. That is quite unfortunate and disappointing as I hoped it to solve my problem with lack of 8k capable splitters and capture cards.

Anyway I still cannot understand why It blocks content from PS5 and even usb drive. Playstation I guess can also be copyright protected but I cannot believe that my usb drives content is. Also as I mentioned earlier, even TV built in gallery does not work (although here I mus admit it worked at first, which is odd).

EDIT #1:

Well nevermind, it seems I'm simply stupid. After turning on Hyperion.NG again I noticed it was not on. I turned it on, rebooted TV and now my external drive content and Youtube does work. Netflix does not but that was to be expected. So for now I guess it is somewhat resolved.

I'd like to ask one more thing about reducing LED delay. I will look into it but what are some setting I can tweak within Hyperion to reduce lag?

EDIT #2:

There is one more thing I noticed upon further testing. PicCap is not working correctly after I turn off ant then turn on TV. It will then work as described before (so not working with ANY content, UI only). I need to go to PicCap and either turn it off and then on or press Reboot TV. After such reboot the PicCap is enabled information will pop up and it will work correctly. So it does work and it is manageable but not ideal.

I know, but shouldn't Playstation work just like firetv or any other external device?

Because that is what I don't understand at all.

Also is there no way to get this to work with webOS apps?

I asked this because user Snipah in this thread claimed that it was possible

Zitat

...Netflix, Disney, Amazon from die onboard-apps you mean? Yes! Runs everything with HDR, DV... this is exactly like Phlips Ambilight

Hyperion WebOS.

PicCap and Hyperion.NG

Hey, yesterday I decided to try PicCap out.

I rooted my TV, installed PicCap and connected it to my Pi Zero.

It worked flawlessly with one major drawback.

It does not work with any content. I expected it might not work with Netflix/Youtube etc. (although I've seen someone claiming that it should work with these apps as well) but it also does not work with my PS5, any video/picture from usb drive, not even with built in gallery of photos.

In Hyperion I can see it does work with UI but it goes black as soon as I put any content on.

I decided to check out what Hyperion.NG is and will it help me out, but I turned it on and no difference whatsoever, but I am not really sure what it is supposed to do so there is that.

I see you run PicCap yourself so do you have any idea where my problem comes from? :)

Hi everyone,

I've been working on my hyperion setup for a while now and I've just noticed a problem I have.

Basically my capture card does not support 8k. I was aware of that as it is just a cheap aliexpress grabber that should do 4k60, which it does, but I overlooked the fact that it won't work with hdr.

Now I bought new TV while working on the setup and it was not a concern of mine back then but now I have LG C1 and would love to use it to its fullest.

My signal comes from PS5 which just now got VRR update and I'm looking for solution that would allow me to work with full 4k120hz.

I found that there are very few splitters that support 8k. This one is the cheapest I found:

OREI 8k

but it is currently unavailable and it comes with another set of issues.

I understand that using splitter (at least this one) will require me to have two outputs that can handle 8k. And while my TV can, my grabber cannot.

So I would need either 8k grabber, which I cannot find, or downscaler 8k to 4k/1080p, which I also cannot find.

There is also issue od HDCP "Our splitters will not work with capture cards due to the HDCP encryption on the output".

But I've already checked and yet another splitter that strips HDCP should help there.

So my setup could be something like PS5 > Splitter > Downscaler > HDCP Stripper > Grabber which is junkier then I'd like to but I would rather have 4k120hz with HDR and VRR than 4k60hz without them.

So my question. Is there hardware that would allow me to do it?

If 8k is out of question due to lack of downscaler or other equipment I will probably get something like this just to have hdr.

Well I hope you can help me find what I need :)

Hello everyone,

I'm working on Hyperion project for my TV. I've watched quite few youtube tutorials but ended up following this one. I did modify it tho so that may or may not be the problem. I have little to no experience in such projects so I might not explain it very well.

So, my setup includes:

• Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W
    • Around WS28212B LEDs
    • Some cheap Rullz 4K 60Hz HDMI capture card
    • 5V / 18A Power supply

So what I've done is basically install HyperBian to 8GB SD card, configured it (not without issues, as Raspberry Pi didn't turn on for couple hours) and connected everything.

I was hoping that my power supply will be able to power all the devices, so for now I have Pi and LEDs connected to it.

Now my problem is that LEDs do not react to Hyperion at all.

Some strange behaviours are occuring tho.

As soon as I power on the power supply first LED lights up to bright white. Actually on many LEDs i can see light on all channels, very dim but they are on. When I cut the power LED strip blinks red for a second and goes black. So I assume LEDs do work.

I though that maybe its a problem with data connection so I tested it and Electric meter shows that signal gets from Pi to LED strip. Voltage is correct as I tested it also.

Another, even weirder behavior is when I plug my HDMI card via USB > Micro Usb to Pi.

So as I was testing everything I could think of I unplugged LEDs from power supply, leaving only ground and data connection to Pi (directly to GPIO not to the power supply). I power HDMI card via some old charger, and suddenly all od LEDs lit up bright red. I don't understand it at all.

I don't know where the problem is. I think everything is connected correctly as I've reviewed it multiple times. Also after testing some wires I did some soldering (GPIO, w/o GPIO to Pi directly, to LEDs). Nothing seem to change. Oh, I also tested another part of LED strip (already cut it before doing anything) and results are the same.

This may very well be a software problem but I've checked HyperBian and everything seems to be set up as its supposed to be. I did not connect everything, meaning I did not plug any source to HDMI card so maybe that is a problem, I will be testing that layter today as I'll get some additional cables. But I don't think that's it, there is no turn on animation and it should be there.

I'll be happy to clarify anything and I hope you guys can help me :)