Beiträge von GeeJay

Hi All, congrats on this forum and content, it's amazing, I've learned so much (and saved £££ by not diving straight in and buying the first things I found on google).

So time to put all the research into action.

I have a new Samsung 4K TV fed by a virgin media v6 box so looking for a 4k HDR setup.

After reading many posts it looks like a splitter and capture to a Pi is the way to go rather than straight to a capture device (to passthrough EDID from v6 box).

So.. I've been looking at EZCoo devices.

SP12H2Pro or SP12H2

Not using any Sound gear so not sure if the cheeper SP12H2.

Q1. Would be equally as good for my needs (any advise welcome please). CEC not needed I guess. Not sure if HDR is still an issue here with hyperion.

Q2. Not chosen a grabber yet so please advise as I'm in the dark here. Or.. Would a ezcap 269 fit my needs without a splitter?

I was going to configure the Pi / hyperion to connect to WLED via esp8266 to keep the clutter off the back of the TV.

Q3. Would there be too much latency using WiFi for this to work? WiFi is over 300Mbps

I appreciate there's a lot I don't know so any help would be greatly received.

G