Beiträge von nokia3660

hey guys need some help with LED flickering on a setup that had worked without issues so far. There were no software or hardware changes done recently, so am stumped by the sudden crazy flickering issue.

I have Hyperion NG 2.0.12 running on Pi4/Librelec 9.2 driving an apa102 strip of 94 LEDs. The LEDs are powered by a 12V/10A PSU and the Pi with a 3V/5A PSU. I remember reading somewhere with regards to grounding that could cause flicker but I can't remember what it was exactly. Also given that I am using different PSU for Pi and the strip didn't really wanna mess with grounding without a proper knowledge of what I am doing. Also the fact that it just started flickering only for the past 2 weeks is making this more confusing.

Any help to get rid of the flicker would be appreciated. The flickers are usually brighter than the ambilight and are of random colors, so it is really spoiling the whole ambilight experience.

Hello guys,

Is there a way to migrate the existing Hyperion setup/config to Hyperion NG? I had setup my own values for black bar detection and the number of LEDs on each side of the TV. I would hate to try to figure out those values again or configure then again in the NG web page.

I too have osmc on rpi3 and hyperion but no grabber. In my case, usually, hyperion turns the lights off after a certain period of inactivity. All I do is stop the movie in OSMC and shutdown the TV. The Pi still runs in the background. I too have had times when the lights just stayed on all night but mostly it had behaved.

But for the love of god, I have no idea how this is happening or where it is configured.

Ok, In fact, when I stop hyperion service some leds stay power on but these leds are in the zone that not works correctly and all the other leds that function correct power off normaly, maybe this give you an idea.

This definitely sounds like a config issue. As suggested earlier try restarting hyperion once you upload the new config.

ok, so the title might be a little confusion, so here is what is happening.

When the scene changes the colours change accordingly and if the image stays on screen longer (~7 secs or so) then there is a secondary change in colour. This is not very noticeable with videos (there isn't many 7 sec long static scenes), however during menu navigation it is very pronounced.

In the attached gif, at the 4th sec there is a colour change even though the image was static. I navigated away at the 8th sec and the corresponding colour change is immediate. However at the 14th sec there is again a subtle colour change while the image has been static since the 8th sec.

So I am wondering if this is something that can be tuned in the software, I am totally clueless and any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I am lighting up 94 LEDs (30/m) APA-102C through a RPi3 running OSMC, with the whole setup powered by a 5V 10A PSU.

[MEDIA=imgur]GvG6PdN[/MEDIA]

hey! i found one good article for solve your problem of The Raspberry Pi 3 is the best microcomputers, because it gives an impressive speed with the good value in a small form factor. It is also accomplished and reliable so it will be used for numerous kind of projects such as making a cat feeder to local FM Radio Transmitter. However, You may use Raspberry Pi 3 with Kodi.

I am not sure what you are trying to get at. OP is already running OSMC, which is an OS specifically built for kodi as mediacenter.

my 2 cents

1) 3x 1m APA102-c LED (60 LEDs/m) - 38.22 dollars

You can get pretty good effect with a 30 LEDs/m strip. Research this a bit if you want to save some dollars

In case they do not fit I guess I'll just need to solder

you can get away without cutting the strip if you can manage the bend the strip around the corner, of course it won't look very pretty but hey, who is gonna look behind the monitor

I hope its of help.

Thanks a lot for that write up, and yes, it did help. FWIW, I did the searching and reading to certain extent and the more I read the more complex it looked. I was torn between the comparatively easier but expensive setup and the cheaper but complex setup. The links you shared seem pretty useful, will read 'em up and get back to you if I need any more help. Cheers

@Akriss Cheers mate, appreciate your inputs.

While we are at it, did you run the ws2812b out of a Pi? If yes, can you tell me how you did it? I read we have to use a level shifter, any details on your setup will be helpful for me.

Though I haven't decided on a strip yet, the ws2812b being much cheaper, I might give that a try and jump on to APA102 if I find it too blue to my liking.

Edit: query reg ws2812b

Hello guys, I am an absolute n00b with led/hyperion stuff, so please go easy on me. I have a RPi3 and this would be my first hardware project with the Pi. I have got a 49" TV which I would like to ambilight. For the intial baby steps I am gonna settle with OSMC on RPi3 alone for ambilight.The tutorial from Brindosh got me all excited. So here are my queries

1. APA102 or WS2801 - The tutorial recommends APA102, will I have to calibrate these as well? I read quite a few people having trouble calibrating WS2801 strips, just don't want to end up in the same place, having spent more on a better strip.

2. 30 led/m or 60 led/m - Again most of the tutorials I read suggested 30/m, would like to know if the final effect of a 60/m is worth the additional cost or a 30/m is more than enough?

3. Power supply - can I use a 5V 30A power supply for a 3 meter 30 led/m strip? will it harm the strip? I am going for a higher amp power supply to be future proof, incase I wanna go for a higher led/meter or increase the strip lenght.

Update: I have ordered a APA102 5M 30/m LED Strip and a 5V 10A PSU. Will update further once I receive them (~30 days) and start the build. Thankyou all for your replies.

Edit 2: So all my components arrived, set it up roughly and got it working. Had a few hiccups though, but nothing serious. I have decided not to cut & solder at the edges, so I have just managed to bend the strip around the edges.

Will post a showcase topic soon once I get the setup finished properly (read no tapes & wires blocking the LEDs)

PSU & Pi stuck to the back of the TV

The rough finish

And finally the output

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.