Beiträge von Gershy13

So is there a solution that's working currently?

Does anyone know if there is a way to grab my android TV (Nvidia shield tv, rooted) and send it to a raspberry pi running Hyperion?
    I'm trying to think of cheap ways to get capture and keep 4k HDR support.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Gersh

I fairly sure for Hyperions purpose that the serial baud rate in set in only in the two places you mentioned, "in hypercon and arduino its set to 500,000"

However, I see lot's of good info from this link (https://www.google.com/search?q=pi's+baud+rate&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8)

thanks, i was following this guide https://hyperion-project.org/t…-ws2801-ws2812b-apa102.8/
    and at the bottom it says i need i need to do this.
    - Now for the tricky part, we need to do a few steps to make sure the baud rate is high enough to accommodate the data being send from the Raspberry Pi to your Arduino
    - First we need to increase the default baud rate on your Raspberry:

Im not sure how to do it in raspbian and what to set it to... maybe i need to do this only if im using an arduino and WS2812b leds (which i am)

Hi,

Im seeing that i need to change my pi's baud rate. Does anyone know how to do this on raspbian? in hypercon and arduino its set to 500,000... what do i change my pi to and how?

Thanks
    Gershy13

Don't know about the reliability angle but I control the power for mine via Home Assistant. It senses when the TV is turned on and, if it's after sunset, it turns on the power supply. The dedicated pi is powered from the same supply so automatically boots and everything comes to life. When it senses the TV is turned off, Home Assistant sends a shutdown command to the pi and a minute later turns the power supply off.

That's all I need to know! Thanks!!! I'm planning to control it with home assistant too... My only question is if I can leave the pi on all the time...

Probably not the best place to post this, please move it if it needs to be.
    Im new to this whole ambilight thing, and im wondering, should i leave the pi on when the tv and devices are off? Or should i turn it off. And what about the LEDs? Should i just turn off the led power supply every time i turn off the tv?
    The Pi and the LEDs are running off different power supplies.
    I was thinking of just leaving the pi and grabber and everything else on, and only when i need the ambilight, i turn the LED power supply on? Is this safe?

Also slightly unrelated, but do i need to overclock the pi, or should i just leave it normal?

Thanks
    Gershy13

I'm happy with my 30led /metre ws2812b strips around my 70 inch.

I do wonder if adding more leds would be better. Just a random thought before bed :
    It may even be worse because you'd have more brightness and then have to adjust the colour settings to match the screen.
    You'd then have less dynamic range

Thoughts anyone ?

Judging by what people say, I think I'll go for either the ws2812b or the apa102 in 60led/m. It's a good balance and doesn't consume stupid amounts of power.
    Now the question is, ws2812b for £15 or apa102 for £40. Is it worth like 2.5x? I'm tempted to go for the ws2812b, as people are saying it's pretty decent for the price. And I already have an Arduino.

I haven't tried any 2812b but if you buy from the likes of AliExpress you should be able to find apa102s for around £35 for 5m of 60 LEDs/m. Not a lot more in the scheme of things for what is generally considered the best and potential headache free installation, your money though obviously.

Would 144leds look better tho? Or would it be hard to notice the difference? And curious why apa102 over ws2812b? I can save 3x if I get the ws2812b. Is the apa102 worth 3x the price? Ive got the arduino already, i thought with the arduino its easy works properly?

Thanks
    Gersh

If I already have an Arduino Uno, should I get the ws2812b and use the Arduino? Or should I buy the more expensive apa102? Is it worth nearly 3x the price of the ws2812b?

If I'm getting apa102, I can only get 60led/m.
    But with ws2812, I can get 144led/m for the same price as apa102 60led/m

Thanks
    Gershy13

Which led strip is directly supported by the pi? And which ones are supported through an Arduino? I'm looking for something that isn't too expensive and works without too much effort? Which is the best bang for the buck? Also LEDs per meter, is it worth going with something above 30? I'm going to be putting it on a wall mounted 49-50" TV, so would I need it on all sides? Bottom too and both sides?

Thoughts?

Thanks
    Gershy13