Beiträge von Kotik

You will need to supply power at every corner, while ur power supply might be able to handle 236 leds, i can tell you that i had the same issue (in my case it was reddish white) even with just 170 leds.

All that was resolved when i applied power at every junction point possible, then and only then it started looking fine.

The crash is not such a major issue, all i have to do is re-run from console, settings are saved fine since last commit, effects placeholder are working too now and i really really love that the config is now saved in a new location that is easy to find :)

Please do investigate the gamma issue, i took a look at the code in hope to spot something (i am really bad at coding) but unfortunately i couldnt find anything, i was looking at RGBTransform.h..... if u need some testing (only thing i am good at...) let me know.
    Thanx once again.

@Brindosch your latest commit resolved quite a lot of issues, specifically the communication between webui and JSON.

I can now save settings to my config file but unfortunately while the settings are being saved Hyperion itself is crashing and is unable to recover, this is happening during the restart process, i am getting the following error:

If you run ./hyperiond afterwards again then everything is fine.

As a side note, could someone please confirm that there is indeed a blue/green gamma issue in NG?

Thank you for your efforts and keep it up.

I am not using OSMC so i got no idea really, sorry.

EDIT. I am an idiot, i just saw that u resolved the issue :) Nice, enjoy ur leds :)

Just reverted back to official non NG release and i can confirm that there Blue and Green gamma settings work as expected.

BTW tried to build latest NG from git and although everything compiled fine i am now getting an error each time i am about to save a setting:

Error while parsing json: illegal value at Line: 0, Column: 0

No idea what it could be, everything was working fine with a previous build of NG (about a month ago).

Changing something over SSH and uploading hyperion settings are two different things.

You have to 1st adjust your settings, then you have to create a config file "Create Hyperion Configuration" and then over the SSH tab you have to upload the file over to ur RPi

I also suggest you stop the Hyperion Service over SSH before uploading the Config file and then starting it again once the upload is complete.

Could it be that your config is not uploading to ur RPi? Changing from clockwise to counter clockwise would at least result in something different. If nothing changes when you change things in hypercon then i would make sure that the new config is uploading to the RPi, it really looks to me that it is not being uploaded.

Try this one:

This is assuming that at the bottom u got 12 leds left/right of the gap.

Are you sure that you got 24 leds at the bottom, it is hard for me to count based on your photo but i could count only 11 leds left of the gap.

Try changing the horizontal leds setting. I see u set it to 27, this setting actually requires the sum of top and bottom leds. In ur case i see u got there half the leds than what u actually got as top/bottom leds combined.

Hello there,

I have been using NG for a month and generally i am happy with it besides some minor issues that are to be expected in its alpha state.

What i noticed during my countless hours of led calibration is that somehow Blue and Green gamma settings have no effects what so ever on the leds, is this a normal behavior? It is quite simple to reproduce, u can set all colors to the default RGB values and target for 50/50/50 on Remote Control/Color Effects, then start playing with Red gamma, as expected the leds will dim while increasing Red gamma value, now if you increase Blue or Green gamma nothing happens.

It is as if Blue and Green gamma values do not work at all. This as a result will give u all kind of calibration issues no matter how hard you try.

Maybe i am doing something wrong but correct me here, in an RGB value of 50/50/50 all colors (Red/Green/Blue) are present and gamma setting for each color should affect the color itself.

Thanx in advance for your great work on this project, i am loving it although sometimes i have to spend countless hours trying to figure out why the damn leds refuse to obey my will :)

P.S. I am using WS2812B

Hello people,

Have been using Hyperion for around 4 months and besides some color accuracy issues that i had i am happy.

Some time ago i decided to try out the new Hyperion.ng, i did manage to build from git with no issues like a month ago, but since then i went on holidays and when i came back and finally got some time i decided to build fresh cause why not :)

The issue i am getting now is strange. I cannot build without getting "bcm_host.h: file not found" and i am trying to figure out what changed since the last time. The only thing that comes in mind is that this time before compiling i tried:

export FIRMWARE_DIR="raspberrypi-firmware"
    git clone --depth 1 https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware.git "$FIRMWARE_DIR"
    sudo cp -R "$FIRMWARE_DIR/hardfp/opt/" /

as suggest on our CompileHowTo, i am not quite sure how to proceed at this point.

Any help would be really welcome.

P.S. Building on RPi 3 with Raspbian Jessie.