Beiträge von Sabaat Ahmad

[H]Release Change log[/H]

v2.6
    Bug Fixes

• Fixes an issue with the detection of resolution of secondary displays. You should now be able to use this with as many displays as you want.

• Fixed update check

v2.5
    Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue which caused the app to crash on startup
    • Fixed an issue which caused the lights to turn off immediately after turning them on
    • Fixed taskbar icon not disappearing on exit issue
    • Corrected capture / transmission failure detection logic
    • Fixed application cleanup / exit logic
    • Improved logging at a few places

v2.4
    Bug Fixes

• Fixes a bug which prevented the API server from starting (Thanks @RickDB)
    • Fixed a bug which caused OUT_OF_MEMORY errors on ATI Radeon cards (Thanks @thymoze)
    • Enabled window auto resizing
    • Resized various buttons and other UI elements

v2.3
    Added

• Ability to capture multiple displays
    • Choose between DX11 or DX9 for each display capture independently
    • Ability to send captured image to multiple Hyperion servers
    • Added seamless settings upgrade - No need to re-configure application after an update

Enhancements

• Totally revamped setup form with support for multiple displays and Hyperion servers
    • Fixed icon size for task bar context menu
    • Replaced all icons with high-definition ones
    • Better looking taskbar icon when capture is disabled

Bug Fixes

• More bug fixes related to screen capture initialization

Internal

• Lot of code cleanup and refactor
    • Simplified multi-threading logic

v2.2
    Added

• Automatic update check on startup - You will be notified if a new release is available
    • Manual update check using the setup window
    • Added logging throughout the codebase
    • Ability to view logs using setup window - You can share logs to help fix issues

Enhancements

• Screen capture will be retried for a longer duration before giving up
    • Screen capture may work while hot-plugging displays and on lock screen (still unstable)

Bug Fixes

• Various bug fixes related to screen capture initialization

Internal

• Some code refactoring to fix bugs

v2.1
    Added

• Option to enable / disable pause on user switch
    • Option to enable / disable pause on system suspend

Enhancements

• Tray icon & save button on setup form is more responsive
    • Added more help content to explain DX11 configuration options

Bug Fixes

• Fixed DX11 MaxFPS and FrameCaptureTimeout in the setup form
    • Removed explicit delay before sending data to Hyperion

Internal

• Further code refactoring

v2.0

• Support for DirectX 11 screen capture along with DirectX 9 for buttery smooth performance even at 4K.
    • Fixed memory leaks at various places.
    • Much more stable code screen capture logic with in-built retries. Should crash much less as compared to the previous version.
    • DirectX 11 help directly available from the setup window
    • Fixed all issues with the setup window.
    • User configuration is now saved into the user's APPDATA directory avoid access denied issues.
    • Capture automatically pauses / resumes when workstation is locked / unlocked.
    • Capture automatically pauses / resumes on system sleep / wake.
    • Major code re-organization and cleanup.

Download links at the end of this post

[COLOR=rgb(89, 179, 0)]Multiple display capture and multiple Hyperion server support is finally here![/COLOR]

[H]Introduction[/H]
    I have been working on updating the windows grabber provided by hanselb. I started coding on top of the bug fixes in the pull request sent out by RickDB. My aim was to add DirectX 11 capture to the app to enhance the performance during everyday use and to make the application more functional and fault tolerant.

My PC runs an Intel Core i7 6700K with dual GTX 1080 GPUs. With DX11, I was able to achieve framerate close to 60 FPS on my PC while 0.5% CPU usage and about 6% GPU usage. This is a significant improvement over DX9 capture which uses 16.5% CPU and 10% GPU. The result is that the lights respond at realtime with my 4K display.

The app still support DX9 and greatly improves fault tolerance. There are still a couple of things that I plan to do for screen capture optimizations. The code is hosted on GitHub. I would encourage you to download the setup file linked below and give it a try.

Please report all issues here.

Since the code was heavily modified, I'm not sure if it can be merged into the original repository. If you are an Admin, please let me know if that is possible.

[H]Screenshots[/H]

[H]Downloads[/H]
    https://github.com/sabaatworld/HyperionScreenCap/releases

I have been looking a fair bit for this as well. Most stuff on Aliexpress is either Stoneage HDMI 1.4 or just lying about not being it. The capture card normally used is normally not very high res anyways. so i've been toying with the idea of using some other device before the RCA converter that is 4k 60hz at one end and 1080 or less in the other end. Partly because my HDMI switch is stupid and will display 1080 at both ports if one 1080 soruce is introduced. I have ordered the HDMI splitter you posted earlier, it seems promising for this application.

It seems in the world beyond hyperion there is not much demand for highend HDMI to RCA converters, guessing its not a really big seller :p

Did you get your RCA convertor working with 4K?

Wow that sounds excellent. And the price is not really an obstacle either. Good find!

Just to be safe, I am using a 4K compatible HDMI to RCA convertor ( ).

For me, there are only two problems with this approach:
    1. Splitter does not support ARC (Audio Return Channel)
    2. HDMI to RCA convertor does not support HDR signal: Hence if HDR signals are supplied, wrong / random colors are shown.

I am on a lookout for a HDR compatible convertor. Let me know if you come across one.