Beiträge von peter

Have you tried just removing and reloading the kernel module ?

I am thinking of "modprobe -r <module name>" and "modprobe <module name>" to reload it. I listed modules with lsmod and there is several modules where stk1160 is in field "used by". Which specific module should I reload please? Or should I reload all modules where stk1160 is written?

I tried this when "VIDIOC_STREAMON ERROR 12, Cannot allocate memory" happened but then it did not help. Maybe I try to apply it right after hyperion starts (or I try to apply it as a permanent to /etc/modprobe.d/stk1160.conf).

Did you try unplugging and replugging the grabber as I asked earlier ?

yes, unplugging and replugging the grabber solves it but this is not permanent solution (also rebooting solves it). But is there any "programmatical" solution for this? (I hoped I can write script for "resetting" grabber without rebooting whole device)
    I would like to solve it without rebooting/unplugging the grabber. Or even any idea why it happens that hyperiond crashes and needs to be restarted?

hi there, any progres with this?
    This issue happens when I am selecting static colors/efects and switching to "live" mode few times quickly. I must always restart whole Rpi to get it working again, because hyperion fails to restart (looks like grabber is somehow preventing hyperiond to start)

hi there, my no signal detection works ok, after 5 seconds it turns off leds. But I found out that after 9 hours and 9 minutes leds starts to light bright blue again with slow pulsating blue in the start and end part of my led strip. Any idea why leds come blue again after approx. 9hours and 9 minutes? (no input video source is connected)

My values v4l2:
    width 360, height 288, crop-top 5, crop-bottom 5, crop-left 12, crop-right 12, frame-decimator 2, size-decimator 8, red-threshold 0.2, green-threshold 0.4, blue-threshold 1.0

Set all values to 1.0 Then no signal should be detected permanently. Then start to decrease a value in 0.003 steps. E.g. start with red 0.997 decrease this value until a signal is detected.

Then take the value before signal was detected.
    Do this again with green value. Blue should stay at 1

Thank you! :)

Do you plan to share your script? :)

yes, sure :) Unfortunately I'm overwhelmed now, and this is not my top priority, because I have just one hdmi2av with rainbow image. All other hdmi1avs I have are with blue picture and this seems work with v4l2 settings. But when I finish it, I will share it.

I need to know how many users need this for black / blue / rainbow image. Any idea how can I post poll for this here?

hi friends, could you help me please?
    My hdmi2av sends blue picture when no signal -
    When I checked image in image editor, I found out that there is several pixel values e.g.:
    20,71,255 etc

I tried various settings to set v4l2 grabber to display "no color" on LEDs when there is no signal detected (I found out these values are the most important):

I tried different settings (red/green thresholds from 0.0 up to 0.9, frameDecimation - 2,8, disable smoothing) but I am not able to get it working when no signal detected. LEDs always are blue when no signal detected and not going to "black"/turn off state. What am I doing wrong please?

I was thinking about this - I will make tiny script to check screenshot and its content and if content is the same for lets say 10 seconds, it should do some action. But killing and restarting hyperiond in this case it is not optimal/unusable. So if hyperiond could output current screenshot "on the fly", that would be great for this purpose.

P.S. My idea was to get image (something like screenshot) from currently viewed video and if it is pure blue for lets say 10 seconds, then send command to turn leds off (when no video signal is detected).

There's an issue suggesting something similar via the web interface :
    https://github.com/hyperion-project/hyperion.ng/issues/320

hi penfold42, thank you for your reply, unfortunatelly I don't understand how to use your ":8099/grabber/snapshot.jpg". It would be great for me to find mentioned "we can display the screenshot of the grabber in LED Configuration just like in HyperCon" in any format. Any idea please how to send command (and which command) for this? :)

Hello, I am new with blackborder feature. How should I please set it up to correctly to detect top and bottom blackborders?

With this setup (my config file) top and bottom leds are off - it means hyperion set it off because I have blackborders in top and bottom, so hyperion sets LED colors to "full black". But I would like detect blackborders and ignore them, so I need to have colors on top and bottom LEDs, too. How should I edit values in hyperion config for this please?

here is my config:

Hello, when there is no HDMI signal, my HDMI2AV produces pure blue color and all LEDs come to bright blue. I tried threshold changes but it didn't help.

Is there any good solution for this?

my config:

hi friends,
    here is my config file

Hello,
    hyperion collapsed when I was setting colors over websocket, so I wanted to restart it like this:

Code
    sudo /usr/bin/hyperiond /etc/hyperion/hyperion.config.json

but it failed to start, log is here at the bottom.

What is wrong with this? When I reboot my raspberry it works again.

log:

Hi there,

I have one question about wiring in 3-wire PWM WS2812B from wiki. There is that some people put a resistor 100 Ohm between LED data and Pi GPIO 18. I tried both cases with and without resistor but I don't see any difference.
    1.)Could you please explain me the purpose of resistor in this wiring diagram?
    2.) If I don't see any difference with and without it, is it better to use resistor or not?
    3.) What does it mean "less ringing" in the wiki?

Many thanks for your patience with my newbie questions :)

I wasn't referring to you soldered wires.

I suspect there's an issue on the strip involving LEDs 25, 26 or the connection between them.

Does the strip have a join at that point ?
    Some of the factory soldering when they join strips isn't great

bingo! I am currently writing you but you were faster. That was the point! I found out that there is a problem near LED 26. Interesting is, there is no join (joint) there. I am going to take magnifing glas to find out what's wrong. :) Thank you for your great help!