These are real persons creating accounts which is making it very difficult to prevent but for now signup requires validation by admin, will be reset again after holiday spam wave finishes
Checking spam rules further as it keeps increasing due to the holidays, found a few bot accounts which were idle and waiting to start spamming so those are removed now as well.
Looks really good, if we can combine this with Hyperion live capture can get some amazing results
USB UTV0007 working flawless for years here, I got it from this place:
Just be careful with any clones . cropping can also happen at the HDMI to AV box and recently replaced a defective one with this which combines nicely:
Same here, can live without ambilight for Apple TV / Consoles so long as Windows has it
With DX11 support required for it can even work with madVR under Kodi DSPlayer so perfect picture quality (including HDR) and ambilight so nice job on making that happen, DX11 is needed for HDR under Windows
Will retry with latest version just in case, for Kodi I need to make the HSC addon a bit more configureable and will do that this weekend but current version works like this:
- Download https://github.com/RickDB/scri…apture/archive/master.zip
- For manual install unpack to Kodi addon dir:
Or install via Kodi addon manager.
- Make sure the addon is enabled within Kodi and that HSC has API enabled as well.
- Service.py has the API url hardcoded at the moment to 'http://localhost:29445/API' which should work fine in all cases where they both run locally, but can update in that file if needed (config planned)
- Make sure you have refresh rate switching enabled in Kodi settings ( => Adjust display refresh rate to match video)
- Play some 24P content and see if HSC toggles off / on correctly, can sometimes take a few tries to make it "stick" to capture
Noticing an odd bug:
- Enable HSC either via systray or API
- Start playback of 24P content (switches from 60hz) via Kodi for instance
- Tested and toggle capture still works while playing
- Stop playback
- Toggle via systray and API reports success but capture is still running, logs show successful shutdown without errors.
- Only way to fix atm is to restart HSC
Best guess is some capture task isn't attached or incorrectly marked as successfully shutdown and only happens when I use refresh rate switching, anyone else that can reproduce this?
For the API server not starting bug made a fix here:
Grapevine v4 documentation site not loading so went by trial and error and tested working after that change
It's a basic HTTP server for now, current commands are:
Where force parameter means force the command thru even when we have time exclusions active, this is used in Kodi and Mediaportal addon.
Additional command which returns capture active state (true / false):
Original topic from the older fork with some more info:
Instead of bumping the old developer invite topic gonna post a new and list some of the things needed to get Hyperion.ng release ready.
We still need more active developers to improve upon Hyperion.ng and finally make a public release for that happen, although it's working as a daily driver for some we have a few areas needing attention:
- Plugin system needs attention and parts of core code converted to plugins (kodi stuff for instance)
- Improve upon on the restart system, bit buggy due to Dispmanx
- Multiple instance support and improvements, a lot of effort to get this going but doable
- Improve our API interfaces and add proper documentation so developers can use it without have to go thru the trial and error route
- Move Protobuf 2 interface to current Protobuf 3, making it future improve and avoid linking errors
- Documentation / How to, not a full fledged one just a getting started guide at first
These are just some broad points and probably forget a few things but @Brindosch feel free to expand , if anyone wants to join in can PM one of the [USERGROUP=3]@Administrative[/USERGROUP] members or myself directly.
Our last developer invite went well and we got some very talented developers but to make it to the finish line so to speak we could really use some extra hands and any is appreciated
Hmm could have sworn it wasn't that limited under OpenElec where it's based on, then you are probably out of luck testing this via command line sadly.
Raspbian with Kodi install might work better if you want to test it out on a spare MicroSD card for instance.
LibreElec does list the utils in their repo so possible to install just not clear how.
You need v4l-utils package installed afaik:
To install that should be these commands run from the Libreelec SSH shell:
afterwards v4l-ctl will be present as that is part of the utils
As to the cause I'm not entirely sure, best guess:
- Default brightness / gamma changed in LibreElec test build for grabbing devices which v4l-ctl can correct but not ideal.
- Kodi 18 defaults to 10bit and doesn't play nice with 8bit readouts (losing brightness as a result)
Bluetooth latency might be a problem though
Bluetooth might prove difficult though for fast-paced ambilight due to latency and overall interference as it shares the same frequency space of WiFi (2,4Ghz) with lower power output / range.
Never tried it before but will be working on AtmoOrb V2 within 2 months or so which will be using WeMos hardware and other LED rings (probably 60 / 90 per Orb), not much of a graphics / hardware designer so always impressed what people can come up with
Will be making documentation / howto just like with AtmoOrb V1 and this time you won't have to rely on the Spark web service as it just be flashed over WiFi with Arduino IDE.
Noticed the massive amount of spam posts by asian spam bots, added some new counter measures to mitigate this and will be adding more soon.
We usually have small attacks but nothing to this extend so guess someone really likes us , luckily with our board software (XenForo) banning / scrubbing is just one click.
If you still notice anything spam related please let me know in this thread.
Absolutely amazing work :omg:
For the bluetooth part it's a bit tricky on the mobile OS side for instance, Hyperion could support if you have a piece of software running on Raspberry which transmits to your own sub process (bluetooth serial probably).
As Hyperion can pipe to file or temporary memory if I recall correctly but [USERGROUP=7]@Developers[/USERGROUP] know this in more detail
Multi display / server support :omg:
I have been using this with the RPi connected over LAN to my router. This 2-3 second delay was present when a lot of frames were being sent over to Hyperion. I fixed this my adding the MAX FPS field which explicitly delays the next frame capture. If you are not using the default settings on the advanced tab, can you try them out.
Setting 30FPS there did the trick, still looks faster than DX9 that way so ready for 4K capture
Off the same mind, working on code to work with the Pi Zero W (Python based) and arrives today
It will have more than one function (MIC / Line detector) and has some flexibility due to running a "full" OS, overkill for only lamp but price wise about the same as Photon for instance with the same stable Wi-Fi chip.
AtmoOrb I like to stick with Photon as with ESP had bad luck but probably some bad samples or firmwares.