Beiträge von Rick164

One of the AtmoLight devs tried RGBW leds a while back however calibrating those things proved to be difficult and even FastLED support is lacking so driving those via an Arduino as a workaround with Hyperion would be hacky.

30 leds p/m naar 60 leds p/m is wel merkbaar overigens :) , voornamelijk heb je dan het blob effect wat minder en overgang is duidelijker zichtbaar.
    Btw ook wat met voedingen gespeeld de laatste tijd en Mean Well blijft fantastisch, metingen gedaan met Zwave meters en multimeter en leveren netjes 5V zonder variatie met goede bouw kwaliteit.
    Voor 144 leds p/m heb ik nu deze:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121870310607

Thanks voor de link op GoT, inderdaad hoe meer leden hoe beter :D

Welkom @René Arts

We zijn inderdaad beetje bij beetje dingen aan het verbeteren en een forum en wiki die fijn werkt was hard nodig :) , er komt ook nog zat aan zoals verbeterde handleidingen.

APA102 is op dit moment de beste optie voor upgrades of nieuwe setups, je hebt hier namelijk veel variatie in van 30 tot 144 leds p/m en ze zijn erg snel (voldoende voor > 100 FPS)
    Draai zelf nu een 600 led setup met 144 leds p/m alleen de meerwaarde tov 60 leds p/m is heel klein en vereiste stroom voorziening is pittig (~250W).

Hi Rick164!
    I went thru my archives and found the sketch I uploaded to my Arduino. it's the one from here: https://github.com/adafruit/Ad…aster/Processing/Adalight.
    Should I reprogram the Arduino with the one from your link? https://hyperion-project.org/t…-ws2801-ws2812b-apa102.8/

Would reprogram it with the sketch in the thread here, it's simpler and gets the job done as I've used it for a long time with WS2812 leds without problems and should be the same for WS2801 except you need to change the LED type in sketch :)
    Here's a direct link:

[MEDIA=pastebin]zhQCRFhd[/MEDIA]

For baud rate it depends on your Arduino, some clones or mini models can't do > 115200 for the baud rate which is needed for large led setups (reduced refresh rate otherwise)

maybe we should consider to split this up to a another thread "Use Arduino via USB to connect your leds" or something. This should also bring a better overview.

Yeah we could copy it over but would keep it part of the guide as it has a bunch of troubleshooting / advanced steps as well:)

Can you try starting it with:

Code
    ./hyperond /storage/.config/hyperion.config.json

By default the init script for OpenElec will start it with the default location however when manually starting it will need that parameter :)

Welcome @GrayGhost93 :)

Config looks ok, when starting Hyperiond with that config does it report any errors?
    Also can try changing the SPI rate a bit to 250000 and see if that helps, hardware wise would check the connections as well if this is your first time connecting them to the RPi:

- Check if data pins are connected to the right RPi pins

- Check if GND is connected to both power supply and RPi like in the above example

// Update

Here's one for the RPi2