Beiträge von Squizzy

Woah thanks. Dont mind my whining/babbling above, all errors seem to be fixed and i already got it working :)

One thing though: blacks are somehow screwed. Meaning the lamps wont dim/turn off on black scenes but randomly show blue/red (probably the color that comes closest) in full saturation ....and in pitch black scenes the lamps go full white . But maybe thats only happening with the 1s bulb?

that’s exactly the behavior I had with the newer hardware version I have. What I have read in the yeelight forum is that the new version getting worse in color accuracy with low brightness. So I will stay with my first gen yeelights. Maybe we should scale the brightness for newer yeelights.

new version online.

please check it out.

pi@raspberrypi:~/hyperion-yeelight-bridge $ python3 configurator.py Traceback (most recent call last): File "configurator.py", line 6, in <module> import yeelight ImportError: No module named 'yeelight'

this looks like you have not installed the dependencies ;)

Moin,

sorry, dass ich nach so langer Zeit erst wieder hier vorbei schaue. Ich selbst hatte mit meiner Bridge letztens erst Probleme und Bugs. Kam aber nie dazu mich nochmal ranzusetzen.

@pho08
    LibreElec wird nicht funktionieren, da es dort überhaupt kein Package-Manager meines WIssens nach gibt.

Bzgl der Yeelight 1s. Ich habe die Yeelight mit silberner und weißer Fassung. Beide Versionen funktionieren. Jedoch ist meiner Meinung nach bei dem neuen Modell die Farbwiedergabe nicht so genau wie bei der alten silbernen Version.

Ich habe gerade Urlaub und schaue, dass ich auf Bug-Suche gehe und ggf den Code optimiere. Denn das hat schon ordentlich an Leistung an meinem RPi2 gesaugt. Ich glaube es wird langsam Zeit für den 4er ;)

>> Hyperion.ng Yeelight Bridge <<

What is it?
    The bridge makes it possible to use yeelights easy with hyperion.ng.

How does it work?
    It simply uses the UDPraw packages from Hyperion and translates them to the necessary information for the yeelight python library.

How does it look like?

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

What do I need?
    A system running Python 3, connected to the same network like your Hyperion/Kodi/Yeelights.
    Simply the same system running Hyperion and Kodi, like a RaspberryPi.

How do I get it?
    You will find everything on my GIT repository.
    https://gitlab.com/tobimiller/hyperion-yeelight-bridge

Have fun!

Hey guys,

i have resoldered all of the resistors by hand because they were wrong on my ws2801. Every LED works, but when i am playing a movie the HDMI signal get lost. It happens only when a lot of different colors are generated. The LEDs work fine.

Do you have any clue?

Isnt it smarter to buy a led stripe with newer chipsets :)

wouldnt recommend to buy WS2801 except the seller can tell you the resistors with a picture.

APA102 Chipset costs around 30 dollars. if you are a freelancer you can calculate your time in money but for me it is cheaper to change the resistors in my freetime for 3 dollars in total. have also a solder machine for smd parts available at my university. maybe it is 1-2 hours work :)

So guys. My cheap Ws2801 annoys me because of my white level. i can get white with R255 G80 B50. That means. Red is to weak.
    On LED Strips like the WS2801 with the 5050 LED resistors are external. because of different RGB orders the chinese guys maybe overlook it and don't change their layout. OR they have some other resistors in their garbage collection and want to get rid of it.

How can you check your resistors. Simple as that, look at your strip. Hope you have good eyes.
    Every LED Section has this setup:

Connection --> WS2801 Chip --> 5050 LED --> 3 resistors (black) + 1 Capacitor --> Connection

2 of the resistors needs to be the same. They are for green&blue LED. On my the are 100Ohm resistors.
    Their label is "101" it means "10 * 10^1 = 100" Ohms
    Thats fine. Your uC output is 5V. 3V over the blue/green LED and 2V over the resistor with a forward current of 20mA.

For my red LED an "271" (27 * 10^1 = 270)Ohm resistor is installed. Thats too damn high. The voltage over the red LED needs to be around 2V. So you need 3V on your resistor. You get this with an 150Ohm resistor.

I will test this next week and will tell you if this is the reason. SMD 805 resistors cost around 1€/100pcs..

Please tell me your installed resistors if your white balance is almost fine with 255/255/255! THX!

EDIT:
    150 Ohm is the way to go. tested it with one LED. much better! now the remaining 126 :(

EDIT: For me it is not working well. the color change is not reliable :( is it a timing problem? or a hardware limitation?

Original Post:
    i ve got some Exception errors. i fixed it. dont know if this is a clean solution. but it works :p

Zum ersten problem: hyperion erkennt das 'schwarz' als 'ausschalten'. Teste mal ob es mit nem greenThreshold von 0.9 besser wird.

Ich hab das bei meinem bluray player wenn der die auflösung vom content wechselt (zwischen player menü und film)

Welche Bänder nutzt ihr Entwickler denn selbst? Ich für meinen Teil habe ein extremes Hellblau bei einem weißen Kalibrierbild mit meinen WS2801 Stripe. Wenn ich mir die RGB Bilder anschauen passen die Farben wiederum ganz gut. Es geht also nur um den weißen Bereich. Möchte ich den einstellen habe ich bei den Weißabgleich Werten um die 255/100/60. Damit werden die LEDs grundlegend schon deutlich dunkler und sind nicht mehr so knackig. Animationsfilme, welche sowieso kunterbunt gestaltet sind, lassen sich damit gucken. Bei allen anderen Spielfilmen sieht alles sehr punktuell und dunkel aus. Es passt auch einfach nicht mehr und zerstört die Atmosphäre.

Ließe sich kein Workaround implementieren für die WS2801 Geschädigten? Also dass es zwei Farbmischer gibt? Einmal für Farben und einmal für Weiß/Grau/Schwarz Werte?

Ein neues APA102 Stripe kaufen wäre erstmal die letzte Alternative.

Ich befürchte das kommt vom Konverter.

Grau ist eine absolute Herausforderung und wird nur teilweise zu lösen sein. Du kannst versuchen den unteren Farbbereich abzuschneiden mit den Threshold (schwelle) Werten der Kalibrierung.

Du meinst alte Kalibrierung vs neue?

kann ich dir nicht genau beantworten. gefühlt lief es damals besser. selbst ohne kalibrierung.

Sehe es auch so dass es über die Monate und den Updates schlimmer wurde. Meine, dass es anfang des Jahres bei mir besser war. Mittlerweile wenn ich die WS2801 kalibriere, dann ist der weißwert anfangs auch nicht korrekt und muss so weit nachgeregelt werden, dass hyperion kaum noch raum hat um die farben zu generieren.

Hey guys,

two month ago i asked for milight support which is not able to set saturation. so you said it is not possible to control the exact color. Actually i am going to buy a yeelight bulb.

http://www.yeelight.com/en_US/product/wifi-led-c
    http://www.gearbest.com/smart-lighting/pp_361555.html?wid=21

i found the developer api and it seems really well documented.

http://www.yeelight.com/en_US/developer
    http://www.yeelight.com/downlo…_Inter-Operation_Spec.pdf

do you think this hardware has the specification to be build in hyperion like hue?

Nabend Leute,

habe noch paar LEDs von meinem Streifen übrig und würde mir die gerne wie beim AtmoOrb in die Fado von Ikea packen. Soll nur als Ambiente Licht in der Ecke stehen ohne Ambilight Funktionen.
    Ich wünsche mir das Ganze per Smartphone zu steuern. Farbe, Effekte, Geschwindigkeit beim Faden etc.

Jetzt meine Frage. Gibt es dafür fertige Librarys und Apps? Auf die Schnelle habe ich nichts gefunden.

Grüße