Beiträge von BETEP-ok

hehe... .after messing around the youtube app for a while i noticed that several leds turn from ALL BLACK to pure white if I adjust the volume.

so most probably this is a reaction to the volume bar appearing on top of the video.

Hey, I just found this thread... I have a shield TV 2017, will this app work with it and give me a Hyperion capture while still allowing me to get 4k 60 HDR output? And how would I go about setting it up?

just give it a try.
    https://github.com/abrenoch/hy…-android-grabber/releases

download-install APK - punch in simple settings - enjoy!

in the best case- you have your less flickering.

In my case - only software rendered elements change colours of the LEDs.
    Hardware rendered video layer not captured by the grabber as far as I get (((

waiting patiently for the second alfa release - abrenoch is working on alternative grabber technique. ))))

what is the BRAVIA you are using?
    My panel is 55XD8577 and I also have issues- the grabber only working in menu and turns dark in Kodi, Moonlight, Youtube and so on.

feels like Sony have some specific way showing movie video layer )

Does the Bravia run android I assume? I'll be sure to post and apk for people to try out once I have the show-stopping bugs worked out! Right now the background service that runs the grabber is prone to being killed by the system, so it doesn't stay running for very long... I don't have any experience dealing with that kind of stuff in android, so it is a whole lot of trial and error. I am going to make all the code public though; so hopefully someone familiar with all this can take a look and improve it!

I'm going to spend some time today tinkering with it, hopefully I will be able to share something soon!

Yup
    Sony build their smart tvs on the basis of Android
    My device is now v6.0.1

If you manage to make a stable running grabber- it’s gonna be a hammer! Fir all the Android users

Important is to keep the hardware decoding active. Without it - 4K playback is not possible.

HEY! this is awesome.

how can I test it with my TV?
    I have a Bravia 4k (55xd8577) - and I am totally missing my bright setup.... )