Beiträge von itsme2501

Hi folks,
    I have good news to share!
    So at this time everything is now working as expected.
    I am now using pin D4 instead of D7, the result was the same (led flash) then I added a level shifter and the flash are gone.
    I tried with 51 Led without level shifter no issue but with 213LED I definitely need it.
    I am very happy, now I have to calibrate colors, I am now powering my led strip at 3 different places this way my led are white all along the stripe with only one power connected the end of the was not really white, it was a kind of yellow/white.

I tried with Scilor Sketch and ESPixel and my LED still have some issues like some "flash" .
    It is not related to hyperion as i am experiencing this even when using only the effect from ESPixel and the rainbow effect with Scilor. It is even worse with Fire effect.
    So it is hardware related.
    My HW setup is :
    213 LED WS2813 Powered on both side with the same power supply. Each pieces of my stip is connected using soldered wired. The two data are connected on the same PIN. (as the ws2813 has two same data allowing the led strip to work even if one led is dead)
    Power supply 5V 15A
    Nodemcu LUA v3 using D4 output. ESP-12E, Running at 160Mhz, 4M(3M SPIFFS), v2 lower memory, upload speed 115200

I don't use level shiffter in my setup.
    Can it be the root cause of my issue or i have to look something else ?

EDIT : Adding video to show the issue :

Externer Inhalt vimeo.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Not yet available as vimeo is taking time to convert it ...

Hi Sucky,
    The issue with this is that it is not supported, in addition it does not support 24P and it is an expansive "grabber"
    I am thinking about this : https://m.fr.aliexpress.com/item/32850246818.html
    It is supposed To work on linux, it supports 24P and it is less expansive .. you just need a good 1080P device as your linker is doing the downscaling
    It is just an example of product, there are many similar products and vendors on this site.

Thanks Akriss !
    I solved my issue, it was a little thing with a strong impact :)
    The issue was a line that i commented out this line :
    // #define CONFIG_LED_PWM 1 //Comment in if PWM Stripe

I put it in comment again and it works, so i don't know what is behind the PWM Stripe but it is important to don't use it for this kind of setup :)

Thanks Akriss ! Your file is not too different from mine,
    I definitely have some issues with this, i will continue to work on it.

1 - When i comment these lines :

Code
    //#define CONFIG_LED_PWM_RED D1 //Comment in for PWM
    //#define CONFIG_LED_PWM_GREEN D2 //Comment in for PWM
    //#define CONFIG_LED_PWM_BLUE D3 //Comment in for PWM

I have an error when compiling, i have to comment few lines in this file : https://github.com/SciLor/Hype…RGB/WrapperLedControl.cpp from line 30 to 32.
    You should have to do the same right ?

2 - I used the same Nodemcu as i used for the ESPixelStick, so i used the same data PIN number which is the D4/GPIO2, i am not able to control my WS2813, even using the WEBUI and running idle test nothing appear.

Here is my final sketch :

I don't understand what can be root cause of that, i know that my leds are working i used it with ESPixel, cabling and power are the same, so it should be only software.
    Thx

Hi folks,
    I have finished the configuration of the Config file from SciLor.
    As you know, i'm using PWM LED : WS2813
    I think i'm done but if someone more knowledgeable than me can take a look on it, i'm a little bit confused with the comment in/out, i put my few comments/questions in the code

Hi Akriss,
    Thanks, you are right, i will take a look on the amazing work of SciLor and try this solution using Hyperion stable version.
    I will work on another VM to be able to continue to test hyperion-ng.
    Which release are you using on your Rpi ?

Hello Akriss,
    I tried with the rework version from Brindosch, i can see new options and improvement on the configuration pages but for the grabber at this time it is not better but i have logs that can explain this :

Code
    [hyperiond QTGRABBER] (ERROR) No displays found to capture from!

Code
    Version    2.0.0
    Build    rework (brindosch-c6467e3/d8a78f2-1519513935) Git Remote: https://github.com/brindosch/hyperion.ngBeta.git

My leds are turning on few seconds each 2-3minutes.
    My grabber configuration is the same as before :
    Platform capture : disabled
    Usb capture : enabled

Hello folks,
    So now everything seems to work as expected.

- Mynodemcu is working properly
    - My led strip is working perfectly
    I can test my install using the effects in the Espixel.
    - My Hyperion-NG is also working, thanks to your help.
    Hyperion-NG starts with my system using the systemctl
    I don't have the "frame too small" after swapping from STK1160 grabber to UTV007. ( i see the video steam in the webUI of hyperion-ng)

The last thing which is annoying is the following :
    I start manually the "USB capture" in the remote control menu, everything starts to work as expected (LED color is matching the videos on my TV) but after few minutes the led turns off and i have to manually stop and start the usb capture to make it work again, and same thing after few minutes.
    Hyperion is now set up in debug log level but there is nothing related to this in the log so i don't know what can be the issue and how to fix it.
    Do you have an idea about this ?
    Thanks

Ps : i did a test with light effects only for hours and it works without any issue (from nodemcu and from hyperion) so this is not related to the led.

Edit : my hyperion version is 2.0.0

Ok now i am able to start it, i did few modifications in the config file, you talked about the platform capture, so i take a look and disable all the capturing devices (framebuffer, etc.) and now i can start it and access the webUI.
    Is it possible to start hyperion-ng on boot ?
    When i used the hyperiond hyperion_main.json -d it still keeping my prompt and if i ctrl + c hyperion is stopped.
    Edit :
    Still working on it, i can set the udpe131 and specify the IP of my nodemCU ! I will test it as soon as i will receive the last part needed to finish the hardware :)
    In addition to the lunch issue of Hyperion, i have an issue with the grabber :

Code
    [hyperiond V4L2:/dev/video0] (ERROR) Frame too small: 670826 != 829440
    [hyperiond V4L2:/dev/video0] (ERROR) Frame too small: 672680 != 829440
    [hyperiond V4L2:/dev/video0] (ERROR) Frame too small: 725190 != 829440
    [hyperiond V4L2:/dev/video0] (INFO) Stopped

Is it possible to reduce the quality accepted ? I saw frame decimation and size but it seems that it don't have effect on this.
    Thx.

Thanks Akriss.
    Now i know where to look for the configuration file.

I deleted my preivous config file to start from clear.
    I still have the same issue :

As hyperion is not able to start properly i am not able to access to the webUI
    I am running Ubuntu Server 16.04.

If someone has an idea to be able to start hyperion-ng :)

Sorry Akriss but I didn't find documentation regarding this so I think it is not enabled.
    I have just installed hyperion-ng following the how to and then try to start it using hyperiond without doing any configuration or anything else.
    Thanks

The hardware part seems to be ok now, i can't do the rainbow and other tests and i see it corectly on my led strip so perfect !
    I have installed hyperion-ng as it is mandatory to support udpe131 which is needed to communicate with nodemcu running esppixelstick code.

When i try to start hyperion-ng i have this error :

Code
    hyperion@hyperion:~/hyperion/build$ hyperiond
    QObject::connect: No such slot ProtoServer::setVideoMode(VideoMode)
    [hyperiond FRAMEBUFFERGRABBER] <ERROR> Could not get screen information
    hyperion@hyperion:~/hyperion/build$ uname -a
    Linux hyperion 4.4.0-62-generic #83-Ubuntu SMP Wed Jan 18 14:10:15 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I am not able to find any documentation regarding this, hyperion-ng is also working with usb grabber like hyperion ?
    Why hyperion need to get the screen information ? At least for my use which is not to install it on kodi.

Hello,
    Thanks to your help i have been able to compile and install ESPixelstick sketch on my Nodemcu with the good frequency.
    I am impressed by the GUI which allows you to configure the LED, WIFI, Multicast, MQTT and test effects (rainbow and so on), that's perfect !
    Now just to double check :
    You mentioned that the GPIO 2 is used, i think i tried with the wrong one, i connect D2 which is different from GPIO2.
    Here is a picture of what i should connect :

All the GND should be connected with the GND of the LED power supply.
    The GPIO2 which is printed as D4 on the Nodemcu, this one should be connected to the level shiftter (or directly on the LED strip for "bad testing")

On hyperion, i should use the udp type and specify the IP address of my nodemcu.

Am i correct ?

Thanks !

Thanks again!
    I was reading and found many answers to my questions on the github issues page (answers from you also) and I wanted to edit my post with this new findings but you answered too fast, with additional clarifications, thanks !
    So it's perfect I will flash my nodemcu and follow the steps and share the result.