Beiträge von b1rdhous3

Hast du ne Möglichkeit ne andere Quelle zu testen?
    Für mich klingt das aber wirklich nach dem Defekt des Grabbers oder Converters. Auch weil es auf einmal nicht mehr ging. (ich nehme an, du hast nichts am setup geändert)

Dein System findet keinen Grabber bei /dev/video0. Hast du einen USB Grabber angeschlossen? Wenn ja check mal an welchem Device der ist.
    Zum test solltest du aber erstmal den USB Grabber im Hypercon auschalten und schauen ob Hyperion dann nicht abstürzt und du evtl Farben setzen kannst.

You did nothing wrong. When you start hyperion with ./hyperion -d it will start in your shell. If you close the shell, you close the program which is running in it.

So you'll have to run it at a service. You can take the service which @Paulchen-Panther mentioned in his post und install it to the system. You have to copy the build files which were created by compiling in your build/bin directory to the directory which is used in the service. (/usr/bin)
    You can either use the normal initd script or the systemd script. Please check google how to handle with services and init.d scripts and how to install.
    If you have specific questions to that I am willing to help.

Hm I don't know exactly how it works but I took a quick look in the sourcecode.
    Perhabs it is possible to implement it for hyperion. But I don't how different & difficult the implementation would be.

@Paulchen-Panther do you have an idea?

The only other question I have is are the hue strip lights all going to be one color? or are they going to be addressable? I know they are addressable in general but I dont know if hyperion recognizes them as one light or 72 individual lights.

Sadly you can't address the hue strips individually so it is 1 light for hyperion. AFAIK Philips do not open a way to address every LED on your own. So you also have to define only 1 LED in your hyperion config.

Hi,

always great if someone wants to contribute in hyperion.
    SInce there is no official ios app for hyperion and the one in the app store is closed source i think you can't get information there.
    The creator of the android app is in this forum as well. Perhabs you can drop him a PM.

If you are thinking about creating a application for hyperion.ng I am happy to help you. I can assist with questions about hyperion and the commands you have to send.
    Just drop me am PM and we can look together into this. I wanted to learn something about react long time now, haha ;)

If you want an fast approach for first results you can try the remote.

./hyperion-remote -h

will show you all commands. You will find it in the folder of hyperiond.
    You could do two simple bash scripts with cron jobs.

But in the long term I also would recommend a solution @Akriss mentioned.

The only button I've got up to now is the Ambilight quit button.

What do you mean with this? You have given up on configuring a button for turning off ambilight?

Cloud you please explain how exactly you accomplished this 3 buttons? Does this buttons trigger a command on the pi? If yes, which commands you have set up?

Regarding another solution for this topic: Sadly I am not familiar with "classic " Hyperion since I joined this project with hyperion. ng but in ng I solved this as follows:

• internal Grabber to a priority lower than external grabber (eg. 890)
    • external grabber priority higher than internal (eg. 900)
    • Install Kodi Plugin and activate the kodi check in hypercon
    • here you can specify that ambilight should be turned off If you are in the menu

Now here is the point where I don't know if normal hyperion have a priority autodetection. If yes Hyperion will switch to priority 900 if kodi is in menu and will switch back to 890 if you play a video in kodi.

At least the V4L2 API for Linux is mentioned in the product description. Hyperion uses this api for the "normal" av grabbers. So I think if the device will show up in /dev it will work.
    But if the card will work out of the box (will show up as a device) I can't tell you. Maybe you have to figure out right drivers.

I think you will have to try it.

Dass deine Farben mit deinem Python Script komisch aussehen liegt wahrscheinlich an der Color Order die daVid0n angesprochen hat. WS2812 Stripes haben GRB als ColorOrder und du hast wahrscheinlich den standard RGB eingestellt. Die Farben sind wahrscheinlich vertauscht.

Mit dem Hängen meint er wahrscheinlich hyperiond. Auf deinem PC läuft ja eigentlich nichts außer HyperCon zum rüberschicken der Config. Das ist nachher zum Betrieb ja nicht mehr nötig.