Beiträge von siz

I have a similar problem with RPi 4 using Libreelec 9.2, but not only with 4K, but also 720p, 1080p h264, h265 incl youtube. Tried reinstalling a couple of times. The video will show for half a second, then no hdmi signal, hyperion still updates the led. Without hyperion running, no issue.

Tried boosting the config_hdmi_boost, no effect. Not running 4k60p, just 1080p 60 hz.

Everything worked perfectly on my RPi 3 on Libreelec 9.2 using same json config file :/

Id should still be "default", create a new config, and try to replace:

with

I haven't tried it, and I am not sure if it works, but you need id to be default, not a random name as the device is default.

Clear the LED strip? Do you mean that they are still on when you shutdown your TV?
    If yes, do they all turn off if you use Hypercon to Stop hyperion via SSH?

If it does, you can use the following .sh script to turn on/off Hyperion by binding a key on your remote (line endings need to UNIX style and not Windows!!):

Bash
    #!/bin/sh
    SERVICE='hyperiond'
    if pgrep $SERVICE >/dev/null
    then
        killall hyperiond 2>/dev/null
    else
        /storage/.config/autostart.sh >/dev/null 2>&1&
    fi

Call it power_toggle.sh and upload it to /storage/.kodi/userdata/ . When it is uploaded, you need to give it chmod +x, so it can be executed. This is done by using SSH. Login to SSH and cd /.kodi/userdata/ . Then write chmod +x power_toggle.sh

Now you need to bind a key in Kodi. The easiest way to do this is to use the Keymap Editor addon (http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Keymap_Editor), bind a key for random command under "Global", remember the number and save.

Go to /storage/.kodi/userdata/keymaps/ , there should be a .xml file now (think it is keyboard.xml or keymaps.xml) and find <key id="number">something</key> and change something to SystemExec("/storage/.kodi/userdata/power_toggle.sh") :)

Hope it helps :) I turn off Hyperion before turning the RPi (which turns the TV off) every time, no leds are on then. It's also nice to have a toggle button when it's too bright for ambilight :D

Remember to use the last config file that worked.

AFAIK it's so the LEDs do not to change color instantly, but with a transition time of x ms (std 200 ms) from one color to the next; it's more pleasant for the eyes.

Have you tried installing Hyperion using the built-in install/update function in the Hypercon Java application instead of doing it manually? Then you would at least rule out a typo/software glitch.

Hey, Java is rendering in Direct3D which is causing the bug. It can be fixed by creating a new Environment Variable called J2D_D3D and setting the value to false :)

On Windows 7 -> Right click My Computer -> Advanced System Settings -> Environment Variables.. -> Create

Worked for me, hope it helps :D

sorry. initialEffect is only available in hyperion.ng. please compile it yourself or ask brindosch for compiled version. He can send it to you if you can not compile.

FYI in the old version with bootSequence, you can actually use static color and the swirl background at the same time. On hyperion startup it will swirl and change to static color, and when grabMenu = false, it will switch back to the static color when you have stopped watching a video :)

Edit: but if u use the Hyperion remote, or set a color using Hypercon and reset it, it will stop showing the static color! No worries, will wait until the next release or compile it :)

Here u go, FYI I removed most of the individual led config:

I tried this instead of bootsequence:

Code
    "initialEffect" :
        {
            "background-effect" : [136, 97, 50 ],
            "foreground-effect" : "Rainbow swirl fast",
            "foreground-duration_ms" : 3000
        },

Does not work for me. The latest HyperCon is from 11 of June and I installed hyperion using the install button, while the merge with the background-effect is from 20 June. Do I need to manually update hyperion to get intialEffect to work?

Hey,

It would be nice to have a setting for solid color in kodi menu, when grabMenu is off.

Watching video in the dark for best experience is nice, but a light in menus would help with the mood and eyes :)

Sorry if this feature exists, can't seem to find it. Btw awesome job :D

It is recommended to attach power at the end again, as voltage drops slowly until the end. Which result in a brightness shift.

Any ideas to the above question?

Received the needed cables for the last jst connector, I want to solder it and be ready, so when I get the dc adapter I just need to plug it in.