Beiträge von nards1134

Lord-Grey, are you 100% sure that this is not possible anymore, even with the instructions by milhouse? Did something change with Hyperion that disables or does not allow the bottledaemon to function? The original point of this thread was using a RaspPI setup and giving the ability to send an http command. I was using this fine up until a few months ago.

I do not understand what would have changed, but I can say for sure everything was working fine. I do not know how to test whether the server is running on my Pi and I have not gone through the process of starting from scratch (which I may consider). I don't think the JSON is an option for me bc I do not know how to program and create an automation with my ST hub. The easiest option is using the Hyperion remote on my phone at the moment.

Thanks for suggestions all. It still may be a bit too advanced for me. I'm mostly android, although I do have an iPad that I could potentially use for this.

I'd really love some method I could setup using my imac or even on the pi itself that runs hyperion. I'm not sure why the bottle server method stopped working. I've tried reinstalling it to no avail, and there are no files to clean up anymore so that tells me that maybe it's not even starting up anymore.

Basically I was hoping to be able to pop a URL into Smartthings HTTP switch as I used to do. This way I can automate it using the power meter smart plug on my TV. When it detects a certain amount of power, turn on Hyperion. Currently I have a shortcut to the remote and I just open it on my phone and turn it on. I'm not sure if trying to use HTTP bot on iOS gives me any real advantage over that other than maybe one less click?

Thanks, but I'm not really sure how to do that. Is it a simple URL that I can put into my browser? I was previously using an HTTP switch inside Smartthings.

I'm somewhat technical but do not fully understand the concept behind JSON and how to send commands.

To clarify, I'm simply looking to create a virtual HTTP switch (this part I know how to do) where I can send a URL that disables Hyperion (or sends a black color command) when switched off. I've tried following the JSON instructions but I believe I would need a console to post those commands. In addition, I've turned off API authentication and I'm getting "no authorization" issues. I tried turning on and creating a token but still no luck.

milhouse, if you're still around, I wanted to reach out here bc something happened a couple months ago and for the life of me I cannot figure out the issue.

I have not changed anything on my setup, yet I can no longer send HTTP commands to my rasp pi hyperion server. Hyperion and the web control/remote still work just fine. I've tried reinstalling bottle and bottledaemon (though I'm not sure if I should have done a clean uninstall). I also checked for leftover files that need to be cleaned up.

I think my main problem is I do not know how to troubleshoot why the server will not accept requests or that it is even running properly on the pi. Is there something on the pi I can do to confirm this?

Here's the same command I've always used after rebooting my pi:

Here's the expected web message I'm getting.

Just hoping someone can help with an idea as not being able to automate this is killing me!

rcarmichael , you mentioned an ST device handler. Are you referring to an older one? Bc I've been searching high and dry for either an alexa or Smartthings option for Hyperion and I've got nothing. There was something really old that no longer works. Can you share the working ST DTH? Have you tested it?

Fingers crossed bc this will change the game for me!

UPDATE:

Lord-Grey , all is good now using the REST client from your screenshot in firefox. I was using Advanced Rest Client that tube0013 was using in chrome. Guess it's not out of the box ready.

Now on to figuring out how to pull this into Smartthings, or Alexa!

I've done some researching but it's hard when you don't have a background and really don't know where to start. The remote option is ok but I really need to figure out some automation since I've got a house full. I had my old hyperion switch turn off automatically when the smart outlet on the TV detected a significant voltage drop. Was doing this with webcore. I'm sure there are creative ways to set this up, but I don't have the time I used to have before the plethora of kids.

Thanks for the input everyone.

Sorry, I was just trying to understand better. I do not know anything about json or curl. I was just simply trying to send the command listed in the documention. I have no dev experience but I was trying to use a similar technique that I used with the old hyperion. I could put HTTP://hyperionIP/color/000000 into a browser to turn my leds black (essentially off). This was then put into a smartthings URI switch device so that I could control through Alexa.

I have no idea how to go about controlling the new hyperion remotely.

Did you figure this out? Lord-Grey, I'm attempting the same thing using the Chrome Rest Client, but I cannot figure out how to prevent headers from being sent.

I've been searching everywhere trying to find some examples of how to send commands via HTTP in order to control hyperion. Is this not as easy to do as it was with legacy hyperion? I had a smartthings uri switch that I could turn my lights black with and honestly can't figure out anything close to being able to do that at this point.

im using the same HDMI grabber and it works relatively well.

• Nice to have less wires
    • Have to put it in PAL format for there not to be a large cropping issues. Either way I lose a little bit on the top :(
    • I wish the refresh rate was better......... I wouldnt really mind buying something better but the options are limited with USB 2.0
    • Honestly the backfeed problem only bothered me while I was still working with my config because it would keep my arduino on. Now I just ignore it
    • Mine gets kind of warm but not hot at all so im not sure why people say it is too hot. maybe mine is different.....

Can I ask what splitter you're using? My issue is that the direct HDMI grabber backfeeding causes my splitter to reset every 10 min, which in turn either pauses or restarts my fireTV, I believe because of some CEC signal or something. I do not have any issues with the HDMI2AV converter setup. It's only with this. I thought about trying an HDMI surge protector but I dont want to spend more money unless I hear of a similar setup/issue as mine.

Awesome, I will try this out in the next couple days. I probably missed this, but should I create a script like yours and have it run at bootup? My hyperion auto starts when I reboot. I assume I could control the order?

Ideally, what I'd like to do is maybe setup a cron to reboot every couple days in the middle of the night and run your cleanup, then have hyperion start.

Thanks for the help on this.

Script is/was definitely running. Calling from the pi itself didn't seem to work either. But then something odd happened. I kept trying to call directly from Chrome on my mac. I gave up but left a page opened. About a half hour later my TV lights just popped on. Some sort of bad delay or maybe the router firewall? Not sure. IP address was fine, no change in anything. Very weird.

I'm no dummy, but not smart enough to try and pinpoint on the network what is actually happening. I'm also planning to setup PiHole on another machine so wondering if I'll run into issues.

So I just switched my whole system over to Orbi mesh. Now I can't get this setup to work! I've checked everything. IP is static, hyperion Pi is connected fine. Is there something I need to do with Orbi to allow me to make the call? My hyperion android remote app works fine from my phone.

Did you ever figure out the power backfeeding issue? It's driving me crazy and I really want to use this grabber but some sort of surge is constantly causing my fire TV to pause video playback. Again, I think it's something to do with my HDMI splitter power being surged, but it only happens when I use the HDMI grabber. The RCA/Composite grabber has no issue.

So now that I've got this working, can anyone share some use cases? For me, this setup is huge bc I've been looking for a way to "turn off" my ambilight with Alexa. By turn off, I mean set it to black bc there's still HDMI signal from my fireTV even with the TV powered off.

My thinking is that I'll make a virtual momentary push switch, and in webcore make the GET request to the url which calls black. Then I can just add it to Alexa.

I'd love to be able to call effects too, but not interested in a switch for every effect. I like milhouse's random option.

Any others successfully set this up? I've done everything by the book but getting nothing when hitting the urls. Is there somewhere I could look at a log to see what's going on. Everything was installed successfully and I've got my python script formatted correctly as well.

UPDATE: I think I got it!! Guess I just had to restart my hyperion. So far all is working. Thanks!

Just to update all, I've solved my cropping issue with the direct HDMI grabber (purchased the Nsendato version of aliexpress for $14). When I changed my hyperion config to PAL, it stopped cropping the right and bottom. It's almost perfect!

Here's the big issue and bc I do not understand the back feeding power concept, I wonder if my issue is due to this grabber. I've got the HDMI usb grabber plugged into my Pi (and to fast forward, now it's plugged into an external powered USB hub. My HDMI splitter is attached to the same power supply as my PI, the USB hub is on a different power source.

Without fail, watching the fire TV, every few min my playback pauses. I've pretty much isolated to the HDMI USB grabber. I'm fairly certain it's something to do with this back feed power issue? I think what's causing the playback to pause is either some surge or power overload with my splitter. The funny thing is that even with the splitter output going into my HDMI USB grabber, but not plugged into the USB hub, the video will still cut out occasionallly. This I don't understand but after reading some of these posts about the HDMI powering the grabber/Pi, maybe this is my issue.

Any ideas here on how to stop. I love the color over my HDMI2AV converters, but can't use this with constant pausing.