Beiträge von Andrew_xXx

If u ask me, the best way to support this is converting fish eye to normal rectangle surface, just like u would do with quadrilateral camera transform eg. from perspective.
    Hyperion would need to have a transform function to map any selected surface to a rectangle, in reality two options fish eye and quad, its the easiest way for the system, u dont need to change anything further as everything is already expecting rect.
    There is already an ambilight system that uses fish eye for the purpose https://www.ambivision.tv/ So it is a viable option.

Well i dont know, but the trapezoid transform should be added to v4l2 device options i think as this will be used with cameras and they are v4l devices, this is the first and most needed thing, everything else is optional as good camera will work they way it should out of the box.
    I have seen some trapezoid PR here https://github.com/hyperion-project/hyperion.ng/pull/656 but i dont know if this is it
    A good camera shouldn't need any additional setting, your camera works but is bad, bad how?

Well, remember that 1080p also supports HDR, u can play for example 1080p games with HDR enabled, so a splitter with just downscaler function is not enough, it needs to be a downscaler with also HDR to SDR conversion or it wont work.

I'm not sure if we can have 1080p HDR converted to SDR by hyperion, as the 1080p HDR output goes first into the HDMI to AV and then to a AV to USB grabber OR a single HDMI to USB grabber, if any of those devices does something with the image so that the original colors cant be extracted or mapped anymore then hyperion wouldn't even be able to do it.

We would need someone with a HDR setup to test it, but i wouldn't bet on the analog converters, it could work or it couldn't, depends on the hdmi2av converter and av2usb grabber, its a gable, each time with different model, for a real future proof system i wouldn't recommend using analog converters at all, they all exists just for compatibility, new devices, tvs, AV receivers, tv boxes etc. do not have analog video connectors anymore, one day they will be all gone.

I just cant find information if CVBS (composite video signal) specification makes it possible to keep HDR image data, even if it can pass it on, then also the av2usb grabber needs to read it properly and pass thru usb with full hdr data or at least a color image that can be mapped back to SDR color, not sure the washed out can be reversed.

Probably a lot better thing wound be to use a proper direct HDMI to USB grabber (with v4l2 support), it is all digital and could be future proof, its probably not constrained by the analog signal spec and this could support what we need, for a lot of time.

But we need tests.

Dont count on it, it will not happen, any DRM protected video service can't be captured, if someone will ever do this it will only work with root and some hacked apps, if this was so simple pirate groups would have zero issues releasing said services media.

This is why a standalone ambilight system is best, u dont care, it just works, u just need to split it and thats it.