Beiträge von AndyJ

I know this is an oldie but I'm just trying to get it working.

I've followed the instructions and when I run yee.py, my yeelight bulb comes on white but doesn't change in sync with my LED strips round the TV. This is what I have in my second config file:

[INDENT]{
    "device" :
    {
    "name" : "MyPiudp",
    "type" : "udp",
    "output" : "192.168.1.43:20450", "protocol" : 0,
    "rate" : 1000000,
    "colorOrder" : "rgb"
    },
    "leds" :
    [
    {
    "index" : 0,
    "hscan" : { "minimum" : 0.0000, "maximum" : 0.1000 },
    "vscan" : { "minimum" : 0.0000, "maximum" : 1.0000 }
    }
    ],

"forwarder" :
    {
    "json" : [ "192.168.1.43:19450" ],
    "proto" : [ "192.168.1.43:19451" ]
    },
    }
    [/INDENT]
    So, I know my IP address is right or yee.py wouldn't turn the light on.

I'm stuck on where to look next

Thank you. I'm going to look at HASS but in the mean time, I've just set up a cron job to stop and start the service.

Hi

I've got my Ambilight set up nicely. At the moment, the Pi is running all the time. When I'm done, I open the app and turn the luminance right down to effectively turn the LEDs off. When I turn my TV and Tivo box on again I have to open the app and click the little power icon on the top right of the app to get the LEDs back on and responding to the picture again.

What I'd really like to do is control them through Python or something so that I could get them to come on with the defaults at sunset or something, and go off automatically at 23.00 (better still would be if there was a way to set them up with an Alexa routine.

Any pointers on this would be gratefully received.

I've been looking for ways to test my new installation an was struggling. I've got a smart TV with Youtube and found this:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

It's the Phillips Ambilight TV showcase video. There's quite a bit where it's dark round the edges but, overall, it works really nicely.

Hi

One broken SD card (putting the Pi back into the case in too much of a hurry!) and a few hours of swearing and I have my Hyperion installation working. I think I still have to do some work to fine tune the colours. If there's sky, for example, the LEDs are more of a lavender colour.

My main question though. When I switch my Virgin Media box and theres no signal, I get a static effect at the moment - sort of blue on the left and pink on the right. Is there a way I can just make it so all the LEDs go off if there's no signal?

I've used Hypercon to do my configuring.

Cheers
    Andy

Hi all

I've just received all the bits to get my build started and have realised one thing. I ordered a 5m LED strip which is 30 leds per metre. After reading a few posts, it would appear that 60 is better. Is it worth me getting this one built with 30, or do you think I should bit the bullet and order another strip? We're not massive film fans or gamers in this house. For me, it's as much about the build as it is about the result if that makes sense. So, as long as it's not going to look complete rubbish then I'd probably be happy.

Just for reference, I'll be going from a Virgin Media box, into the splitter, into a Pi3B+ and a Samsung 49" 4K curved TV.

My plan is to power the Pi from its own supply and the LEDs from a separate 10a supply running power to each of the 4 LED strips.

Cheers
    A