Beiträge von Michael Stickler

I haven't gotten any further. Occasionally I manage to get a screenshot to work. I can send colours and effects to my ambilight from my phone, but HDMI input does nothing. The vast majority of times screenshots won't even work, failing with the result "no picture found in ssh traffic, stop hyperion before taking a screenshot". This doesn't seem possible, as if I stop hyperion, SSH disconnects so I can't request a screenshot, and if I reconnect, hyperion has automatically started again. I have tried two different grabbers, one of which has the recommended UTV007 chipset, and still nothing.

I have heard recommendations that I use a powered USB hub instead of plugging the grabber into the pi directly, however I have seen other people's setups work without this, and I can't find a powered USB hub available anywhere (most hubs just take power from the device anyway...)

Hi, I have just set up my raspberry pi zero w (running rasbian lite) with Hyperion, however, when I try to send colours to the WS2812b LEDs I have connected to pin 12, I get an error in my ssh window saying "unable to connect to host."

Here is my log:
    [MEDIA=pastebin]TLqSGmzk[/MEDIA]

Here is my config:
    [MEDIA=pastebin]d7zvFkCS[/MEDIA]

When I try to set a colour, or if I use putty to ssh in and manually enter the commands, all i get is:
    ssh out: hyperion-remote -c 3527ff
    ssh in: hyperion-remote:
    ssh in: version : V1.03.4 (brindosch-c750c41/dc6a602-1522918225
    ssh in: build time: Apr 5 2018 01:57:05
    ssh out: Unable to connect to host

Any idea what is wrong? seems to be hitting a problem in the logs "Inappropriate IOCTL for device" but I can't figure out what is causing it.

EDIT: I tried removing the grabber, and starting hyperion with grabber disabled, however this corrupted the OS and needed reinstalling. After that I still have issues, just different ones.

I can't get a log now, since my rpi gets corrupted every time I start hyperion. The OS doesn't boot, and the screen looks like this until I reinstall raspbian:

and my current config:
    [MEDIA=pastebin]8ZW7gFVG[/MEDIA]

OK, this is getting strange. I managed to get the LEDs working, but only if I disable the grabber. If I have the grabber disabled I can use the colour picker to light up specific colours, and if I kill the process, it restarts and I get a rainbow effect. However if I use a config that enables the grabber, I can't send any commands at all.

Is my grabber bad? it is this one that was recommended on a hyperion tutorial:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/pr…age_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This one uses a HW 007 chipset I think, but others recommend a UTV 007 chipset.